Stand up and be counted all ye Mi-8 operators

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My virus scanner (Avast) just encountered a suspected file. Something with DCSupdater.exe. After 1.3Gb I lost everything... :(

Details:

process: C:\Users\Erik\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\update\DCS_updater.exe

infection: Win32:Evo-gen [susp]

Use Microsoft security essentials...less problems.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

WOW

Once I got my FPS straightened out this thing is Great to fly, it has the requisite feel of having a lot more mass than the Huey.

very cool indeed.

I wonder if this bird has collective coupling like the US machines use...when you lift the collective tail rotor authority is automatically increase to compensate for the increased torque :book:

Yea...back to flying, later y'all :beer:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Have only logged an hr or two so far, it's awesome! Very enjoyable to fly. Much different feel than the Huey.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0 Ghz | 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |

Use Microsoft security essentials...less problems.

Hmm, I would say "less malware identified" :music_whistling:

Did they ever manage to get in the top 10 ranks of Antivirus tests?

I know they usually had the last or second last rank when they introduced it, may be that has changed? :tomato:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Just installed and activated it tonight. I've been enjoying the Huey (although it's extraordinarily difficult for me to fly compared to other DCS aircraft for various reasons), but I needed to go back to my first love, something with a baffling wall of Cyrillic-labeled switches and knobs.

It's pretty stellar, even in beta form. And having some experience with the Ka-50 and now UH-1H, it seems comparatively easy to fly, and is good and sturdy.

Although I'm familiar with and fond of the Hip, I wasn't initially interested in flying what I had thought of as a good but somewhat dull aircraft in detailed sim form, but I couldn't be happier with my purchase. It's definitely not dull.

I bought the Hip just a couple of hours after it was released and ( like every other DCS Module I own ) I fell in love with it within minutes. I have the Ka-50 and the UH-1H and I am finding the Hip to be somewhere inbetween those 2 as far as handling goes.

Only problem I have now, is deciding which Heli/Plane I'm going to fly. When they are all as great as they are, it makes the choice real difficult. :D

Love your work Belsimtek. Keep it up and you have a customer for life. ;)

I'm in ... :D Thanks alot ED!

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got in on the sale, yay! (Sorry early adopters) Spent about 20-30 minutes with the bird yesterday evening (yay for CET) just setting up my HOTAS and messing around for a bit and another 15 today. Already a joy to fly, although getting the cold start sequence is going to be nasty...

Ready for heavy duty, Sir! :joystick:

Thank you very much ED & Belsimtek. :thumbup:

I would rather die in beautiful flanker than win in ugly eagle... and I am the rotorhead dreaming about DCS:Ka-52 and DCS:Apache Longbow anyway! ;)

HW: 15" Macbook Pro ( Late 2008 ) / 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 8GB DDR3 RAM / 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400M / 512GB SSD Crucial M4 / Win7 64-bit / Saitek X52 Pro + TIR5 + No rudders