Complainng because I do not have the minimum amount of RAM

Focha

Hello,

Will the next update at least optimize the memory usage better?

The sim is getting close to being unusable.

I mainly have stutters regarding building textures. Takes lots of time to load, in game. For example moving the head in game. Also mainly with Mi8. But this happens with Su25 for example.

My opinion and advice, is that the memory usage/pre load should be optimized. Clearly something is wrong with that.

Can we have a word on this issue for the next update?

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Memory usage is becoming more demanding as texture sizes have increased, for the newer models - 4gb is cutting it pretty close for DCS these days.

Minimum Memory requirement is 6gb

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 6 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Nate

Hello,

I mainly have stutters regarding building textures. Takes lots of time to load, in game. For example moving the head in game. Also mainly with Mi8. But this happens with Su25 for example.

My opinion and advice, is that the memory usage/pre load should be optimized. Clearly something is wrong with that.

Regards.

+1 for this, but I guess we have to live with it, at least for now...

After adding another 8G of ram to my desktop (totaling 16G), I can load all the mods that I wanted, and so far I have not had a single random crash, which happened quite often before. Checking the resource monitor while running DCS, the occupied plus standing-by memory easily reaches ~8G.

Ok, I understand that. Honestly I don't see much significant difference between now and when A10C was released. And I didn't have half the performance problems I have now. Online for me is a no go, unfortunately, although I made many sorties with A10C, without any significant performance problems.

I understand that as software advance, so does the hardware do to take advantage of it, but developer has to take in mind to have different option for different PC hardware.

What I am trying to say is that for the same settings I have lots of performance issues, so probably there are things that have to be tweaked. Just my two cents.

Regards and thanks for the replies, unfortunately I don't have money for upgrading, but the say is, "if you don't have money, shouldn't have addictions".

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

After tasted the 1.2.7 beta, there is obviously FPS increase if comparing with old version. I think it must due to the more RAM usage, my gig is 8GB RAM+I5 2500K. I hope the next update could bring more CPU core usage.

Curious, what GPU do you have installed?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Like Nate said, the minimum requirement is 6 GB. I have 8, and watching my memory usage with it running it's at 75%, so that's about right.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Honestly I don't see much significant difference between now and when A10C was released.

Coding, Systems, Systems Interaction, Features for New modules, etc etc

Go through all the DCSW 1.1.2.1, 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 and look at the new features/changelogs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Coding, Systems, Systems Interaction, Features for New modules, etc etc

Go through all the DCSW 1.1.2.1, 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 and look at the new features/changelogs.

I'm talking about visual changes with the same settings. Mainly textures. But yes, all of you are right, I am just asking for some tweaks so guys like me that can't afford new hardware could still use the sim. Thanks guys.

I am sorry for you Focha but with that rig even on low settings you are way below what is needed, IMO you need at least 6 gig of DDR3 ram not the DDR2 you have, The GPU is also well below minimums you need something with at least 2gig of ram, Also from experience your comp is only just capable of running Win7 and when I put it on my old rig it ran so slow it wasn't worth it. so I think you need to save for a new rig..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Also, HHD's no longer can keep up with the requirements of bandwidth, and the bandwith the system already is capable of. SSD's are increasing obligatory these days and they are fast becoming mainstream.

Making a new rig without an SSD today is like having a Ferrari chassis with a Volkswagen beetle engine inside.

guaranteed to shorten the loading times and eliminating stutter.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Ok, I understand that. Honestly I don't see much significant difference between now and when A10C was released.
A number of ground, sea and air objects have been replaced by much more detailed models with high resolution textures. Cockpit self-shadowing was added, detailed 6DOF cockpits were added for some of the FC aircraft, tree shadows were added, the water rendering was improved (especially on the "high" setting) ...

I'm talking about visual changes with the same settings. Mainly textures.[/Quote]With the changes to the graphics alone (see above), performance would naturally decrease, even with the same settings.

I am just asking for some tweaks so guys like me that can't afford new hardware could still use the sim. Thanks guys.

Lowering the graphics settings seems the only solution, if upgrading the hardware is not an option.

The Nvidia 9600GT was released over five years ago and was considered a "budget" card at the time of release.

PS: what graphics settings are you using?

It can run on 4go - it's working on one of my computer. But it doesn't goes that smooth.

RAM doesn't cost that much nowadays - it's nowhere where it used to be at the old DDR1 era. Still a pain, but affordable nowadays.

EDIT :

Also - if budget don't allow to upgrade for now, you can still revert to an old DCS version and save some money. :)

Hello,

Regards.

Hi Focha,

I have same processor as yours. If you double your memory and buy a more recent GFX you would probably be able to fly with an average of 25-30fps (i do).

But IMO not worth the investment.

Better save for a new rig.

Here my settings:

dcs1.jpg.821c6016f50bcea43aad8d522d9f904b.jpg

Edited by Cyb0rg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

Usually stutter is caused by low FPS and/or high frametimes. Both causes are themselve caused by a too weak GPU (in your case a 9600GT, which is really old and slow for now a day games). A RAM upgrade + GPU upgrade should make the game playable on at least lowest settings.

What you might try before upgrading:

- Set textures to the lowest setting (textures use VRAM => the memory on your GPU VRAM full == stutter)

- Turn of MSAA (really important, can easily double your framerate!)

- Turn of HDR (lighting is usually extremely GPU intense)

Long story short, try to turn down all of your settings as low as possible, if it doesn't help, an upgrade of your PC is required.

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Ok, I understand that. Honestly I don't see much significant difference between now and when A10C was released. And I didn't have half the performance problems I have now. Online for me is a no go, unfortunately, although I made many sorties with A10C, without any significant performance problems.

I understand that as software advance, so does the hardware do to take advantage of it, but developer has to take in mind to have different option for different PC hardware.

What I am trying to say is that for the same settings I have lots of performance issues, so probably there are things that have to be tweaked. Just my two cents.

Regards and thanks for the replies, unfortunately I don't have money for upgrading, but the say is, "if you don't have money, shouldn't have addictions".

What helps is not installing the sim to the C:\ Program Files (Windows Vista/ 764bit), install to a directory (such as C:\ sims, which you create, for instance... or to a separate physical drive altogether) outside of the Program Files and also Installing as Administrator and setting the sim folder to have Full Permissions.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Ok, first of all, that you a lot for all your replies.

Second, I did not title my post with "Complaining because I do not have the minimum amount of RAM.", if I want it to be like that I would. So next time I hope, for the sake of content owning, that at least I get a recommendation from a moderator. Thank you.

And lastly, yesterday I download open beta 1.2.7., guess what? For the same settings I have a lot better results, don't get stutters anymore, don't have the problem with the view stopping each time I look other way, and I now can put more units in the sim than just my aircraft.

So congratulations on the release of the open beta, because it really made the world difference for me.

Yes, as I said, I probably don't have the minimum requirements for running the sim as it should, but in my opinion, and as the engine is still the same, I probably was right regarding optimizing the textures/systems/3D models. If you have background or work on 3D, you know that simple things that cannot be seen make a lot of difference when it relates to PC performance.

Otherwise with the same settings, same mission, I would get the same problems as I did in 1.2.6.

Best regards and thank you.

Guys, you are getting my hopes up...

I have a 8GB (now 16 GB) + 680 2GB, so my FPS has been decent (almost) always. But there is no such thing as too decent... Soo looking forward to 1.2.7 now.

One thing, though. So much effort has been put into 1.2.7. But when EDGE comes out, will all the optimization that went into 1.2.7 still apply? Or everything need to be done from ground up once again, due to the change of graphix engine?

Thanks.