X-55 Rhino Hotas Issues and Problems

• ED Team
For me this is an issue for the Saitek, not from DCS default settings, but it´s very easy to solve it. Simply erasing double settings and all runs fine again.

I know its an easy fix, but I want to make sure I shouldnt be letting ED know about this, but if everyone agrees its a Saitek issue that is fine, I just havent noticed anything like it in anything else.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so my issue is that the top rotary is registering as the throttle not the throttle itself.... in every other game it works fine but in dcs it registers the rotary as the throttle and i cant change it. Also it register the throttle as part of the x axis. anyone know a fix for this ?

• ED Team
Ok so my issue is that the top rotary is registering as the throttle not the throttle itself.... in every other game it works fine but in dcs it registers the rotary as the throttle and i cant change it. Also it register the throttle as part of the x axis. anyone know a fix for this ?

You cant change it? It works fine here changing it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Need some opinions, do you think that DCS setting defaults for both the throttle and Stick the same is an issue with DCS or an issue with the controllers themselves? I am trying to decide if I should report it as a bug to ED or not.

The device detection and assigning default is something which could definitely be sorted a bit better.

As it is now, all joystick/ throttle/ rudder axis commands have to be deleted and redone on initial install to make sure they work properly.

:joystick:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CH PRODUCTS

How can these companies, TM and Saitek, fail to create something that is solid and stable?

What kind of quality control is in their manufacturer process?

I was really hoping to get this HOTAS but again, it's just sounding like a big risk. Kinda stuck with what to go with now. Guess I'll go and buy an X52 Pro again in order to get back in to DCS.

Companies like TM and Saitek fail because they are not CH PRODUCTS.

Never did get my problem fixed. Got tired of the circle I was going in. Returning stick for refund and gonna save up for the Warthog.

Hmm are really considering the Warthog too, was wanting the X-55 due to saving 200 euros... But now maybe they are better spend on the Warthog...

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

I had this same issue. My A10 worked fine. When I switched to the f15 or any other aircraft the top rotary was the throttle. The fix was to go into the control page of dcs and erase both the stock and throttle settings, then remap them. I have had no problems since.

I suffered a dead video card this morning and for whatever reason, I found that after buying and installing a new video card, the X-55 software got corrupted and won't start.

I deleted the software, unplugged the two devices, rebooted, ran a registry cleaner and then tried reinstalling but I got the same error message.

I then tried deleting the software and drivers and reinstalling from scratch but I still end up with the same error message. I don't think the drivers were completely removed from the registry as Windows would recognize both the stick and throttle as X-55 devices if I plugged them in prior to reinstalling the drivers after deleting them.

I've attached a copy of the error message I get when I try to run the software. I don't want to start diving into the registry and start deleting things as I'm not that knowledgeable about such things and would prefer a step-by-step guide.

Can anyone help walk me through it?

I've contacted Saitek support but haven't heard anything back. Windows and games still see inputs from the stick and throttle and I can use them in games, I just can't access the software to make or edit profiles or input curves.

Windows 7-64 bit Home Premium edition.

I've reached the level of my PC skills and could use some help.X55failure_zps85bbb94b.jpg~original

Edited by bogaty

uh oh?! I wish I saw this before I pulled the trigger today.

I see the SKU is still the first run also.

SKU: SCB432150002/02/1

damn I was hoping to see a 2nd run by now. :joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Sry to post ot

I'm considering purchasing the X55 but need to know its actual footprint/dimensions.

Anyone spare some time to measure out the max length with throttles fully forward and stick full nose down please?

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Companies like TM and Saitek fail because they are not CH PRODUCTS.

Exactly that - because they're risking by releasing new (and innovative) products instead of selling the same old stuff over and over.. :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I suffered a dead video card this morning and for whatever reason, I found that after buying and installing a new video card, the X-55 software got corrupted and won't start.

I deleted the software, unplugged the two devices, rebooted, ran a registry cleaner and then tried reinstalling but I got the same error message.

I then tried deleting the software and drivers and reinstalling from scratch but I still end up with the same error message. I don't think the drivers were completely removed from the registry as Windows would recognize both the stick and throttle as X-55 devices if I plugged them in prior to reinstalling the drivers after deleting them.

I've attached a copy of the error message I get when I try to run the software. I don't want to start diving into the registry and start deleting things as I'm not that knowledgeable about such things and would prefer a step-by-step guide.

Can anyone help walk me through it?

I've contacted Saitek support but haven't heard anything back. Windows and games still see inputs from the stick and throttle and I can use them in games, I just can't access the software to make or edit profiles or input curves.

Windows 7-64 bit Home Premium edition.

I've reached the level of my PC skills and could use some help.X55failure_zps85bbb94b.jpg~original

bumping this so it doesn't get lost in the fanboy posts. I really need some help with this please.

Try uninstalling again, and not running the registry cleaner this time. I had my SST software conk out on me randomly, too. I've only got their Combat Pedals, though. Make sure you download the latest one from their site, and don't use the one on the disc.

Got it sorted. A techie from Saitek emailed me earlier today. I wasn't aware that I had to delete not only the drivers found under the stick and throttle in device manager/human interface devices but also all entries under programming support/programmable devices.

23.5 cm both.

Thank you

It will just squeeze on my keyboard pullout.

Rep inbound

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly Ghosting solution can soemone verify!? -read below.

Hi. I've been having issues with the x55 Ghosting and were using AMD 1090T on Asus Rog Chrosshair IV Formula,

been in contact with Support and got a good response however not a solution.

I read a review on amazon regarding the x55 and it mentioned someone had issues with ghosting and amd and solved it with an External Powered USB Hub.

the Throttle and stick are rated 400mW, USB 2.0 max allowed is 500mW, probably this high load on the USB causes the USB +5v to fluctuate this is quite normal and goes down to 3.5-4V in some cases, and here all sorts of issues happen and would to me explain the ghosting of random I/O's firing in the throttle unit as the throttle is potentiometer controlled this may cause undesired load on the Voltage supply internally in the Throttle unit,

I replaced my AMD setup for an Intel i7 4790K and MSI gaming 7 Z97,

I've not yet seen any ghosting in win 8.1 but my issue now is that stick and throttle is switched, when I fly all things related to throttle is on stick and vice versa.

all my keybindings correlates to referenecs of joystick_1 or joystick_2 and now they are the other way around, havn't had time to do more research on it but I assume this is windows api ish stuff, "Joy.CPL" works out fine, and also easy way to spot the ghosting.

side note I'm mostly using the x55 for "Star Citizen" but thought to share my findings here if it can help someone,

Please can someone that experience ghosting try it on an USB hub with external power. at least 1Amp and let us know if it solves it...

please excuse my English not a native speaker, nor forum genius.

Possibly Ghosting solution can soemone verify!? -read below.

I read a review on amazon regarding the x55 and it mentioned someone had issues with ghosting and amd and solved it with an External Powered USB Hub.

Please can someone that experience ghosting try it on an USB hub with external power. at least 1Amp and let us know if it solves it...

So I was having serious problems with phantom button presses that only seemed to be getting worse as I played.

I took your suggestion and plugged in the X-55 with my Rock Band powered USB Hub and the problem disappeared instantly. 45 minutes now with not a single phantom button press.

Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A problem I have encountered. Got my X-55 last week and installed the newest drivers and software. Windows recognises both the throttle and stick as does the HUD software.

The problem I have is that I can program the buttons, toggles, hats, etc using the HUD software BUT, cannot use the Settings part of the software.

It doesn't respond at all. Any ideas as I can't set the deadzones and curves.

Many thanks in advance.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

Win 8.1 64 bit | i7 4470 @ 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 RAM | GeoForce GTX 645 2 GB VRAM | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | Saitek Pro Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | iControl