Release??

Revan

look guys, I'm sorry that I came off as hostile, I am just tired of waiting through all the delays.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look guys, I'm sorry that I came off as hostile, I am just tired of waiting through all the delays.

I believe everyone's been hungry and thirsty for months or even years, me too.

Just keep patient, I told myself every morning before open the web of this subforum ;)

We've been waiting so long, so one more month or less isn't a big deal right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Huh?

We (the current development team) gave one release date. March 31st. That didn't happen because of a rather obvious issue.

May-June was a rough estimation for wrapping up development and launch. Development has been wrapped.

We've got to play by the rules and go through the motions of PROPERLY launching what is arguably one of the most complex DCS modules -- thus the timeframe was kept suitably vague.

You have a penchant for negativity: here, on our Facebook and at SimHQ. I still remember you accusing us of posting bullshots.

It's rather tiring to hear you harp on us, especially when it's completely misguided (seriously? I post pretty much every single day.)

I always fall for your bait too.

There was nothing obvious about the issue in Mar, the former leader was doing NOTHING on this sim for a long time, this sim was no where near ready to make Mar31st , Are you seriously saying this sim would have been ready if Beczl hadn't left. You are close to 3 months past that due date, and now it looks like you are going to miss this 'date' as well.

BTW, what r u talking about, On Simhq and FB, I don't post there.

While I fully understand that releasing such a product does involve a plethora of logistical and technical concerns that I can't even begin to fathom, I still can't help but feel like a few screenshots or even another video would probably not be a bad idea, at the very least, a new video would help build some hype around the product.

I am still hoping for a June release, it might not happen but it still would be pretty neat none the less.

Here's a reminder of whats been happening and still down the pipe...

That update, which was almost a week ago, mentions that the module is "pretty much finished" with the exception of QC, core integration, and testing. None of those things are manuals, which tells me the manuals are finished. So, y'know, it would be really appreciated and would shut up everyone who is bored to death for the week. It can't take much longer than add attachment > mig21manual.pdf > submit reply and even if it does take longer, it'll make the wait seem shorter. Oh, and people would be more prepared when the module is released, so that means more people online. This is a win-win-win situation.

Just an extremely strong recommendation.

Edited by Zakatak

There was nothing obvious about the issue in Mar, the former leader was doing NOTHING on this sim for a long time, this sim was no where near ready to make Mar31st , Are you seriously saying this sim would have been ready if Beczl hadn't left. You are close to 3 months past that due date, and now it looks like you are going to miss this 'date' as well.

Sorry, have to ask this question:

Did you ever read the sticky at the top of this forum?

Linky

The Q&A section in particular answers your March 31st questions...and makes it pretty obvious why they missed it.

Edit: @Leatherneck guys: Don't let the negative people bring you down!

May-June was a rough estimation for wrapping up development and launch. Development has been wrapped.

We've got to play by the rules and go through the motions of PROPERLY launching what is arguably one of the most complex DCS modules -- thus the timeframe was kept suitably vague.

Thanks for you patience and endurance! :thumbup:

Rest assured, there are plenty of people cheering for you here!

Edit: don't let the negativity bring you down!

Edited by kazereal

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Sorry, have to ask this question:

Did you ever read the sticky at the top of this forum?

Linky

The Q&A section in particular answers your March 31st questions...and makes it pretty obvious why they missed it.

Edit: @Leatherneck guys: Don't let the negative people bring you down!

Do you mean the part where they say the delay wouldn't be very long. YUP, read that part.

• ED Team
Do you mean the part where they say the delay wouldn't be very long. YUP, read that part.

And complaining about it is help how? Really guys, show some patience and maturity... beating up LN is NOT helping.... everyone is eager for this aircraft, asking for it daily, or complaining about the delays is getting old.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

And complaining about it is help how? Really guys, show some patience and maturity... beating up LN is NOT helping.... everyone is eager for this aircraft, asking for it daily, or complaining about the delays is getting old.

+1

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

• ED Team

This module carries the DCS title, on what planet would it be good for ED to not check the quality of this release when it bares their name.... so its not a delay, its due course... stop with the silliness... when its ready, its ready... when its ready you guys will be the first to know, they wont wait until someone asks before releasing it....

Leatherneck "should we release it today?"

ED: "No they havent asked if its ready 800 times yet, that is the sweet spot to release a DCS module"

I guess guys now ball is not in the LN hands, they have done their work, as I understood from Cobras post, it is ready, now it is ED who are testing and integrating MIG to the DCS world. But I have question: why do they need to integrate it ? So is this Mig-21 model developed in some kind of vacuum and now it should be put in to DCS world? or how does it work? I thought that LN had this 1.2.8 Free download version of DCS world and they developed and integrated module in it during work process, am I wrong? anyway now I think it is ED who , if there will be delay will be the cause of it.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That update, which was almost a week ago, mentions that the module is "pretty much finished" with the exception of QC, core integration, and testing. None of those things are manuals, which tells me the manuals are finished. So, y'know, it would be really appreciated and would shut up everyone who is bored to death for the week. It can't take much longer than add attachment > mig21manual.pdf > submit reply and even if it does take longer, it'll make the wait seem shorter. Oh, and people would be more prepared when the module is released, so that means more people online. This is a win-win-win situation.

Just an extremely strong recommendation.

The manual is most likely subject to QC as well.

(But yes, I too would want to have it ... ;o)

Okay so the official Leatherneck website says that Ground Controlled Intercept is implemented, but the simulated MiG-21 does not have the Lazur GCI system. So... you don't need dedicated GCI avionics to actually use GCI? What does Lazur do in the first place that makes it worth having then?

I guess this means we're getting the Fishbed-N with the ILS systems instead, right?

Edited by Zakatak

Okay so the official Leatherneck website says that Ground Controlled Intercept is implemented, but the simulated MiG-21 does not have the Lazur GCI system. So... you don't need dedicated GCI avionics to actually use GCI? What does Lazur do in the first place that makes it worth having then?

I guess this means we're getting the Fishbed-N with the ILS systems instead, right?

I think it was Dolphin who explained that the "implemented" GCI system is the built-in AWACS function present in DCS World. He had a good post, maybe someone here knows where that is.

[EDIT] Here it is! http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2059640#post2059640

Edited by NoJoe

guys lets drop the temper tantrum attitude. Its finished and is being polished. Period.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

WOW it's hot, for me I can wait because I prefer one module well finish and who work fine with DCS than one product wrong finish.

There's few month I've created few skins for the Huey (for my pleasure) and sometimes it's more long for created one beautiful or perfect skin because I've meet any problems so I can understand that created one complete module is not one easy thing.

Yes of course I'm a great fan of this MIG-21 and future F-86 (BST) but I can wait always many weeks or month because it's the price of the quality.

DCS is not FSX, with FSX all the weeks on addon is release but I don't like these addons for many reasons.

With DCS we have not many modules but each module is a real master piece, a real perfection.

So I can understand that Leatherneck think, it's not easy or good for them to read all these negative messages from few forums...

Cobra847 I can just talk for me and I would like to say you have created one future great module for DCS, maybe the best but we must wait with patience, now it's the summer and it's time go at the beach, it's the good atitude ^^

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English, Cobra847 thanks again for all and best regards. Skull

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

WOW it's hot, for me I can wait because I prefer one module well finish and who work fine with DCS than one product wrong finish.

There's few month I've created few skins for the Huey (for my pleasure) and sometimes it's more long for created one beautiful or perfect skin because I've meet any problems so I can understand that created one complete module is not one easy thing.

Yes of course I'm a great fan of this MIG-21 and future F-86 (BST) but I can wait always many weeks or month because it's the price of the quality.

DCS is not FSX, with FSX all the weeks on addon is release but I don't like these addons for many reasons.

With DCS we have not many modules but each module is a real master piece, a real perfection.

So I can understand that Leatherneck think, it's not easy or good for them to read all these negative messages from few forums...

Cobra847 I can just talk for me and I would like to say you have created one future great module for DCS, maybe the best but we must wait with patience, now it's the summer and it's time go at the beach, it's the good atitude ^^

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English, Cobra847 thanks again for all and best regards. Skull

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

+1 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I guess guys now ball is not in the LN hands, they have done their work, as I understood from Cobras post, it is ready, now it is ED who are testing and integrating MIG to the DCS world. But I have question: why do they need to integrate it ? So is this Mig-21 model developed in some kind of vacuum and now it should be put in to DCS world? or how does it work? I thought that LN had this 1.2.8 Free download version of DCS world and they developed and integrated module in it during work process, am I wrong? anyway now I think it is ED who , if there will be delay will be the cause of it.

My guess is let's assume an A-10 is targeted by a Mig-21 in multiplayer. If that's the case, then they have to make a whole new icon for the RWR. Likewise the F-15 if it targets a Mig-21, the devs will have to design the Mig-21 icon as well. I'm sure there are other examples, but that's what I assume when they mean integrating.

My Channel

My guess is let's assume an A-10 is targeted by a Mig-21 in multiplayer. If that's the case, then they have to make a whole new icon for the RWR. Likewise the F-15 if it targets a Mig-21, the devs will have to design the Mig-21 icon as well. I'm sure there are other examples, but that's what I assume when they mean integrating.

This. It works in DCS, at least as far as I can tell from the video we saw a while back, but they are probably just bug squashing right now. I wouldn't imagine it will take too much longer.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Misery. Hopelessness. Despair. MiG. :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Plus it takes time to do the bug squashing since there's a bit of back-and-forth between testers and developers. A tester finds a bug and submits a report; someone on the dev team then has to read the report, implement a fix, and that fix has to be incorporated in the next test build. The original tester then checks to see the bug is fixed once that test build is made, etc...

It's a bit of a process. :) Even though Cobra mentioned that the code is basically complete, I bet they're still working really hard at this point. I'm sure it will be a huge relief for them when the plane releases!