F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

USARStarkey

1880 members have voted

1. 1. F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

• YES. THE MIG-21 NEEDS ITS RIVAL
    • YES. Because I just want the Phantom
    • No, I don't like cool planes
    • No, I love the myriad of lame trainers and far flung planes with no historical opposition.

And along with that MiG-19 mod and the A-6 the razabam is making, the UH-1H, and the MI-8 we should be able to make some good Vietnam esq scenarios

Razbam is modeling the A-7, not A-6. If they were doing the Intruder, I would offer them my first born child.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Razbam is modeling the A-7, not A-6. If they were doing the Intruder, I would offer them my first born child.

Yeah, I myself am 100% NOT interested in the A-7 lol. Not when I have the A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Phantom would be amazing I can just imagine cruising through the DCS sky at mach 2, then firing a sparrow or 2 at some migs :D

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I really hope that within the next few years DCS get a whole load of new aircraft from WW2 onwards.

I'd like the complete US teen and century series jets first please ;)

MiG/Sukhoi adversaries are also welcome.

I'm VERY interested to see what other project Leatherneck have been putting so much work into after the MiG-21.

Have they gone on record and said it's not the Phantom?

I don't recall them saying explicitly that it is not the Phantom, but Cobra had this to say about the F-4 which suggests the Phantom is not the next project:

We love the F-4E. Really, who doesn't?

However, I think it goes without any saying how difficult building an aircraft such as the F-4 really is.

Not only is it an incredibly complex aircraft, but just the additional gameplay considerations that have to be accounted for as well: like building an AI RIO for you when you're flying Solo.

If we were driven by market demand alone, the F-4 would probably be at the top of our list.

However, it is important for us to follow our passion, vision and if we are to invest thousands upon thousands of man hours into building DCS aircraft, we need to do something we genuinely care about.

It is the only way to ensure that everyone really wins.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Dont do the F-4! F-8 all the way, the last true gun fighter! An A-4 is my close second, and would be a lot of fun to fly.

I'd also love for a MIG-25 or MIG-31, if they wanted to keep the MIG theme going.

Edited by jared9191
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dont do the F-4! F-8 all the way, the last true gun fighter! An A-4 is my close second, and would be a lot of fun to fly.

I'd also love for a MIG-25 or MIG-31, if they wanted to keep the MIG theme going.

How can anyone not love the F-8. sexy as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-86gSKcBZCU

I would give my right nut and my first born son to fly a dcs F-8

Good Grief

• 2 weeks later...

It's because it's in the background of the information page for the Mig-21...I see :music_whistling: :pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Merged Threads

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Im pretty sure someone from LN has already stated the situation.

Even so, Im pretty sure someone from Milviz is registered here as well.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I used to do work for MV, and we still retain, at times, a business relationship (including cross-licensing of artwork).

sooo, a possiblity of having a phantom?

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love an F4, but the poll is unfair in its descriptions. I'm very much looking forward to training aircraft such as the Hawk and Tucano down the line. There is plenty of room under the DCS: World roof for a whole variety of different types. Even as a fast jet fan myself I'd love to see aircraft such as the C-17 and B1B created also...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'd love an F4, but the poll is unfair in its descriptions. I'm very much looking forward to training aircraft such as the Hawk and Tucano down the line. There is plenty of room under the DCS: World roof for a whole variety of different types. Even as a fast jet fan myself I'd love to see aircraft such as the C-17 and B1B created also...

These kinds of polls are utterly loaded to start with.

"Would you like another flight sim in a day and age where sim offerings are anemic and this is one of the most popular sim platforms available?"

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Decided not to vote because of lame vote opportunities...

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5