DCS September Newsletter

Revelation

And here people thought landing a on a Med/Short Runway was hard.....

I cant wait to see the crashes of people landing PFM Hornets, lol...

Many souls will be crushed when people realize that they aren't cut out for carrier ops.lol.gif Not being a jerk but it is sorta funny.

• Like 1

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, the -21 will be an unstable pony at high AoA...

Has there ever been a PFM/PSM Aircraft modeled in a Naval Sim?, I wanna see how people react to carrier landing difficulties.

I want to see people land on a carrier deck that is pitching up and down 10 to 20 feet :D

I want to see people land on a carrier deck that is pitching up and down 10 to 20 feet :D

If the sim can get the carrier, and water, to look reasonably realistic while pitching like that then I shall thoroughly enjoy every single mishap. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If the sim can get the carrier, and water, to look reasonably realistic while pitching like that then I shall thoroughly enjoy every single mishap. :)

So right,

If is like that, I will share the joy of perform a wave-off for the first six or seven times before I could bring that jet to the deck.

No the benefits of EDGE were the fact that a lot of the workload would be moved to your GPU, no talk has been made about multi-core.

So does this mean people with medium GPUs that have good FPS now will suck after implementation of "FPS friendly" EDGE or what?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I imagine many DCS carrier landings would look like this, just with a fireball at the end of it:

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

yeah, the -21 will be an unstable pony at high AoA......

Not at all.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Its not fully optimized yet, but I am running a single 580GTX with 3gigs, I am doing ok so far.

Are you testing Edge ? :shocking:

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

So we should see an open beta sometime in the near future?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Everything is subject to change.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

F-18 Updated with Cockpit Screenshots

For those of you who have not seen the new newsletter released Sept 4th. It includes updated information on the F-18 development at the bottom of the newsletter! Including screenshots! Here is a direct link and quotes from the update:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129630

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Update

Perhaps the most eagerly awaited DCS module, the Hornet, is indeed in progress... it really does exist! More so than any other of our past and current projects though, the Hornet requires a massive amount of work, not just the creating of the art assets and programming of the cockpit functions, but also a great deal of research, design documentation, building of supersonic aircraft flight dynamics (F-15C with BST and Su-27 have been helping to create this technology), acquiring source data, and creating several new technologies like air-to-surface radar.

In addition to the actual aircraft, there are other elements that need to be created such as an improved Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, much better carrier operations, and a new combat theater map tailored to this aircraft.

We hear you and realize that many of you are very anxious and looking forward to hearing more about this project. As we get closer to an early beta, we will be discussing this more.

For those of you who have not seen the new newsletter released Sept 4th. It includes updated information on the F-18 development at the bottom of the newsletter! Including screenshots! Here is a direct link and quotes from the update:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129630

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Update

Perhaps the most eagerly awaited DCS module, the Hornet, is indeed in progress... it really does exist! More so than any other of our past and current projects though, the Hornet requires a massive amount of work, not just the creating of the art assets and programming of the cockpit functions, but also a great deal of research, design documentation, building of supersonic aircraft flight dynamics (F-15C with BST and Su-27 have been helping to create this technology), acquiring source data, and creating several new technologies like air-to-surface radar.

In addition to the actual aircraft, there are other elements that need to be created such as an improved Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, much better carrier operations, and a new combat theater map tailored to this aircraft.

We hear you and realize that many of you are very anxious and looking forward to hearing more about this project. As we get closer to an early beta, we will be discussing this more.

Your about 357 post too late.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am I the only one who was very, very surprised by this newsletter?

Silence and them bam they’re discussing DCS 2.0, 1944, three new maps and about a dozen new modules/updates and most of it seems to be coming this year hopefully.

Oh and there’s a sale 20-70% off too.

I’m currently a bit busy but I’m planning on maybe really getting into DCS this winter.

Does anyone know if there will be a x-mas sale too? Do they usually have 4 sales a year or something such?

The current sale is great but if there was another one in December then that would really be perfect for me anyways.

"We also plan for this module to include multiplayer front seat / back seat capability."

:weight_lift_2: Gettin' ready for it. :p

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.