DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

You can use NVIDIA DSR..,

And dcs 2 wont make low Res panel in dk2 any better.

He didn't say is would make the low res panel any better. He said is what I've said that Dcs 2 will greatly enhance the experience in dk2. I own the rift and know when I slap it on my head with a game that has poor graphics that it shows in the Rift. With games that have much better graphics things look much better as you would expect. This tells me that DCS 2 will look better in the Rift on the NTTR map, because NTTR has much better graphics then DCS has right now.

Edited by joebloggs

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy c***, I missed the stream due to other occupation.

Hopefully there will be another in the future...

Am I missing something or ED is preparing a DCS F-5?

You are correct, great news.. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144487

The stream was really good, it became clear however why Matt didn't want it recording as it was buggy to begin with and kept crashing. This obviously wouldn't look great if it were shared all over the internet without proper explanation. Hopefully the test made it easier for future streams that will be recorded for every bodies viewing pleasure. Or even captured by ED themselves and edited after the fact and uploaded to You tube etc. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more... Matt did mention he'll show the tree collisions next time around. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Taxi

Love that finally we have taxiway signs and lights, and basically high res. airports, maybe we will get some real ground ATC to go with it. :thumbup:

Great stream yesterday, can't wait for DCS2.

Thank you ED!

image.thumb.jpg.f9c1c2192b893d939658d48bc1ffaf91.jpg

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

You can use NVIDIA DSR..,

And dcs 2 wont make low Res panel in dk2 any better.

Nvidia dsr doesn't work either trust me the rift only outputs 1080p res in dcs world. Dcs 2 will make look much better as its using more features for the rift compared to dcs 1.0. Knock the low res all you want find the right settings and it looks and functions much better. Rather have that then waste time on a 2d screen.

Please wags for the next stream go over some of the rift features..

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Love that finally we have taxiway signs and lights, and basically high res. airports, maybe we will get some real ground ATC to go with it. :thumbup:

Great stream yesterday, can't wait for DCS2.

Thank you ED!

Taxiways already have signs and lights on our Georgia map and yes, they are accurate/work.

http://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EW-000.jpg

was this screenshot available somewhere online earlier? i found it on mudspike, so pretty

they have to update muspike to not show protected articles under x article :D

Yes that was an image for a yet-to-be-released article.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I look forward to an update about whether thermal imaging (a functional one) will be implemented with 2.0. It is an important shortcoming of 1.x.

I actually asked Matt this question in the short Q&A before the live stream and he replied that it is on the to-do list but it will most probably not be a part of the initial release. Still it's good news that it's being planned at least. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

I actually asked Matt this question in the short Q&A before the live stream and he replied that it is on the to-do list but it will most probably not be a part of the initial release. Still it's good news that it's being planned at least. :)

Great to hear it's in the plans :) Thank's for the info :thumbup:

He didn't say is would make the low res panel any better. He said is what I've said that Dcs 2 will greatly enhance the experience in dk2. I own the rift and know when I slap it on my head with a game that has poor graphics that it shows in the Rift. With games that have much better graphics things look much better as you would expect. This tells me that DCS 2 will look better in the Rift on the NTTR map, because NTTR has much better graphics then DCS has right now.

Also important to note that DCSW2 has a far better lighting model and 9 times out of 10 will have better contrast (take a look at the screenshots). This makes a big difference on the DK2, as the OLED screen excels at high contrast viewing. If the framerate is >75 then you can easily see the gauges (temporal AA).

Screen door and low res still not great, but engine graphics make a big difference.

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

• ED Team
Over all these questions/facts/news ... what is the status of DCS dedicated server? Is this still planned on a post patch or there were some further work been done to it?

Its still in the OP, so I assume its still planned, during the stream Matt showed off some screens of the new MP window, plus some new server options...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Its still in the OP, so I assume its still planned, during the stream Matt showed off some screens of the new MP window, plus some new server options...

oh... i think most were hopping for a completely separate .EXE for server that isn't running any GFX

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]