"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

Ok, Ka-50 and ABRIS provide the tools for you to do that. But if I fly the Mi-8, or pretty much any other airplane in DCS at the moment, do I really need to have the Caucasus map printed at my desk? Really, let’s not make the things more complicated than they should be.

To be clear though - markers and automatic own position enabled at the same time seem almost like cheating. Markers on their own, without the position should not be such a big problem though. Ok, the fact that they are visible for others is more than just being able to mark something on the map for yourself but still I would consider that more of facilitating rather than replacing the communication. Think that BF is a constant action, with people joining and leaving all the time, without a proper briefing. You can try to organize with a group of friends, but it’s really hard to expect that a group of strangers with different real life schedules will share a priority to organize themselves to the same level. It’s a different setup from flying a specific sortie with set amount of people, pre-planned scenario, briefed together before the mission, etc.

I agree though, it's really comes down to the attitude. Requiring everyone to be on SRS or TS, disabling labels and own position will not magically make people to PTFO. The fact is that I’ve seen several times the team with 2-1 advantage, most people on SRS, all flying so called “CAP” and just a single guy in an attack aircraft without anyone in transport heli. But I guees the fact that I check the online map, PAC intel, spawn locations of both sides and ask on chat that I can fly the troops to the FARP being attacked means that I don't care about the goals since I'm not on SRS.

What's the problem having it printed? In fsx I have tons of checklists and charts printed.

I don't have to expect this what you say from people, I tought the server expects it. There are lots of servers that are expecting nothing but join take off and shoot whatever you can before someone shoots you. I tought BF is expecting people who are joining to be more involved in flying and in combat tactics. This is why you have to register submit aplication etc..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use the Doppler navigation (drift, distance, map angle) in the Mi-8 to get where you need to. The only modern modules that I'm aware which have less than ideal (although possible) navigation are the FC3 planes.

I'm in agreement. If the own position map marker was removed the markers wouldn't be such a big deal, though I don't think they'll be a big deal as it stands anyway since all the assets are static.

Yes, and I perfectly love to use the dead reckoning with doppler navigation in Mi-8. It's just that, heaving the possibility to mark for myself and maybe other guy with which we're setting up a Kub the location where the crates were dropped just saves the paper and simplifies the communication.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Sorry but I have to disagree. I and our squadron makes plans and the server settings are plan-friendly so even a person new to DCS is confident to enter, read the rules and make his own plan. The realism comes from the people that fly, not the server but it is a great factor.

The use of the F10 is also really the same as the kneeboard does, you can also make a "magical line" with a key and it will show your actual and perfect postion and if you are with your F10 all the time, where you can only see yourself you will be dead and to get to the objectives, where the fight is you will need to navigate, find the point and plan your flight to get there.

I do think the kneeboard marking needs to have an option to disable it. The kneeboard position is a far cry from the F10 position though. It's really only giving you a very general position since you can't zoom it. The F10 can give you a GPS position.

I'm not sure how you handle the F10 view, but I can ignore all my instruments in the game, and just navigate using F10. It makes things way faster too, because I can spool up and go. At some point I'll need a more precise direction, so I'll open F10, draw my line, then head off where I need to. Without my aircraft position I wouldn't be able to do this.

Yes, and I perfectly love to use the dead reckoning with doppler navigation in Mi-8. It's just that, heaving the possibility to mark for myself and maybe other guy with which we're setting up a Kub the location where the crates were dropped just saves the paper and simplifies the communication.

Yep, it's a little arcade like, but not too much as long as the own position marker isn't there. We just assume the other pilot marks the appropriate spot you tell him (the arcade part), and then as long as they know where they are they can plot a course to your marker.

Now if only we could drop radio beacons, and then home on those.

Okay Al Gore, how can I not have a clue when you're spelling out exactly what you want? I only mentioned 16AGR because it's what you spelled out, and yes I like 16AGR because like I said I'm not all about uber realism all the time.

You want BuddySpike to turn Blue Flag into a casual experience which suits your needs because you're unable or unwilling to run that type of server yourself, and apparently unable or unwilling to check out other servers. Since there are endless amounts of air quakes servers, and at least one casual dynamic campaign, I personally don't want to see the single slightly hardcore server go the casual route.

Unlike you, I don't think there is only one server out there.

You didn't listen to anything i said did you. That is what you get out of all of it? Because i defend markers? Sorry but that is very narrow minded.

And endless amount??? Maybe if you count the servers with 1 or 2 or even 0 players in it. Sorry to burst your bubble but there is not much MP gameplay at all. Only several servers where you can play with a good amount of players.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

You didn't listen to anything i said did you. That is what you get out of all of it? Because i defend markers? Sorry but that is very narrow minded.

And endless amount??? Maybe if you count the servers with 1 or 2 or even 0 players in it. Sorry to burst your bubble but there is not much MP gameplay at all. Only several servers where you can play with a good amount of players.

It's all I got out of it. Perhaps your English runs deeper than mine.

It's all I got out of it. Perhaps your English runs deeper than mine.

Probably yes... reading and understanding things at the same time is very difficult for you it seems. You just take what you want from it and that's it. But what was i thinking trying to explain my point and show different views. Nobody wants to really understand things these day's anyway.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

• ED Team
Probably yes... reading and understanding things at the same time is very difficult for you it seems. You just take what you want from it and that's it. But what was i thinking trying to explain my point and show different views. Nobody wants to really understand things these day's anyway.

Maybe you guys should take this to PMs and work out your issues, not sure anyone wants to see it in this thread.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It seemed like the Pro-No-Markers side was actually the ones using passive aggressive techniques. XD

Also, the quip about lone wolves goes against the SOP.

This is from the SOP:

""Operation “Blue Flag” is a 24/7 PvP campaign for DCS World organised by “Buddy Spike”.

Registered squadrons and lonewolves will consist 2 sides (RED / BLUE) which will fight each

other in order to capture and hold airbases, FARPs, cities and communication arrays. The

map is divided into PAK's (areas of interest)."

I'll leave it at that, we've all stated our opinions now, just felt you guys were alittle rough on winchester and he was just standing his ground.

The last week or so someone on Red has some how found a way to spawn all Red AI fighters at once. Every time they do this the server crashes soon after. Yesterday they spawned both blue and red fighters. I have screen shots of every time it has happened and one player is a constant. Please ban him. I am sure you aware of who it is.

The last week or so someone on Red has some how found a way to spawn all Red AI fighters at once. Every time they do this the server crashes soon after. Yesterday they spawned both blue and red fighters. I have screen shots of every time it has happened and one player is a constant. Please ban him. I am sure you aware of who it is.

Yes checking how this can be done as we are still running a testing round.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Yes checking how this can be done as we are still running a testing round.

Greg

Dunno why you quoted that post, but I guess you meant my question about road bases and Viggen ?

Planes can be refueled/rearmed and repaired by FARPs technically, since they hold all the supplies. You just have to be close enough. So if some logistics units got moved closer to some roads at some farps that would be enough already. Spawning probably is not an option until we get placable aitstrips.

But getting rearms/refuels from some FARPs would be very cool already. Or just FARPs with no helos spawning there, so its just a forward refueling/rearming point for planes and helos.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Dunno why you quoted that post, but I guess you meant my question about road bases and Viggen ?

Planes can be refueled/rearmed and repaired by FARPs technically, since they hold all the supplies. You just have to be close enough. So if some logistics units got moved closer to some roads at some farps that would be enough already. Spawning probably is not an option until we get placable aitstrips.

But getting rearms/refuels from some FARPs would be very cool already. Or just FARPs with no helos spawning there, so its just a forward refueling/rearming point for planes and helos.

lol sorry this is if you are trying to post through the phone...

I meant to quote mia389's post about the possible hack.

I suspect the BF team have long since turned off reply notifications.

:D

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

lol sorry this is if you are trying to post through the phone...

I meant to quote mia389's post about the possible hack.

:D

Greg

ehehe :D

Would the roadbase thingy possible though ? :music_whistling:

I would also be fine with just an EWR and one of the command bunkers which are mostly under the surface, so its actually quite stealthy :D No needs for defenses and stuff. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ehehe :D

Would the roadbase thingy possible though ? :music_whistling:

I would also be fine with just an EWR and one of the command bunkers which are mostly under the surface, so its actually quite stealthy :D No needs for defenses and stuff. :D

I would wait with such a feature, because we will get placeable airfields soon and they might bring stuff that might be useful for such a feature.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It seems like most of the people are like "lol blue flag is the real thing" then they join and behave like in 104th.

High five bro.

Edit: My 2 cents: it should be 1 live per server restart or at least 20-30 minutes respawn penalty or it will remain airquake in the peak hours.

Edit: also limit missiles and fuel way more, so each side should be cautious for resources and may be there kwill be more important fuel convoys which can be attacked. It will make things much more interesting.

I like the idea, but better not have any connection issue, otherwise you're trapped forever, that's the only downside of having a single life, but I'll support this though, my other 2 cents. I assume people would get more cautious, implicated and focused on their aircraft with harder restrictions. I'm also a pro-no-marker person aswell, as I believe navigation is one of the first main perks to master, I always believed Blue Flag isn't for rookies. On top of that, GCI may provide alpha checks to homeplate or either snaps. Regarding rotary wings, mixing IFR & VFR is manageable to reach any TA in my own opinion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would wait with such a feature, because we will get placeable airfields soon and they might bring stuff that might be useful for such a feature.

We will get them with the new caucasus map at best. Because current caucasus is old standard.

Also having an entire Airfield is much more luxury then just a road to land on ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]