2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Feels like summer here yesterday and today... but I dont think ED can be fooled into an early release that way for the Hornet :D

What's this "Spring" people speak of? The Midwest has no such thing. :helpsmilie:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

They are going by Russian Spring, which ends at the end of May. Hornet EA will be out by then.

sooooo, the mentioned persion Gulf release set to end of may 2018 will then go hand in hand with EA of the Hornet? That pretty much makes absolute sense...great...so, just 4 weeks left to wait :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Spring end 2018 in Northern Hemisphere is June 21st

I was saying end of May (the forecast release point for the Persian Gulf map) and end of Spring (release forecast for the Hornet). I was not suggesting the two time points are related, though I can see where the confusion arose.

June 21st is also the longest day - which according to the film - took place on the 6th June entirely in monochrome, so there is lots of confusion out there if you look for it. :music_whistling: :music_whistling: :music_whistling:

Do you guys remember a couple of years ago, we were racking up hundreds of pages in the Hornet thread, discussing any vague mention of anything resembling the word "Hornet" by Sith, Wags, or Skate. Or even going as far to google translate the Russian side of the forum. I even remember one guy asking for screenshots of the Hornet code, in lieu of art shots. At that point we were waiting each week for words.. since then, we have seen screenshots, videos, open discussion with Wags, and now we are actually WEEKS from having the Hornet module on our computers! It actually, genuinely, feels like every day from now until release is Christmas eve.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The eagerness has altered my perception of time. More or less there's still a month to wait for the EA, but it seems like a year to me.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Encouraging news in today's newsletter! Awesome lighting improvements!

Seeing these shots brought a tear to my eye. So happy to see this effort is underway. It has been my white whale to see DCS get their night time environment together. THIS is finally looking like the counterpart to DCS daylight that I have been waiting for. So happy to see this and look forward to it improving even more so as more work is done.

Nice work ED team, keep it up, can improve it even further I bet.

is this new lighting going to be implemented to other maps as well?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes

so that update will worth more than a million usd finally

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Doesn't that Sukoi look gorgeous!?

more than gorgeous. i want to fly with this duck mouth plane

Youtube

The lighting update looks really promising! Thanks ED!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

more than gorgeous. i want to fly with this duck mouth plane

I've always loved the look of the Su-34. Appreciating that we'll likely never see it as a full DCS module, I'd love it if we got it as one of the new FC4 planes.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yeah the Fullback looks amazing. Glad to see the blue afterburner. Although the plume and the reflections on the fuselage are still yellow. The blue flame is a characteristic of the russian engines. Due to a higher amount of oxygen and higher temps too.

But one thing I'd love to see is true shock diamonds and dynamic afterburner (hopefully NL will pass this along :D)

Thanks for the Updates

A while back, there were a bunch of complaints on the forum about lack of information on work in progress. I'd like to thank ED as in recent weeks, I have noticed a significant improvement. The weekly newsletter now contains WIP in addition to information about sales and pre-purchases. Also I notice quite a few more posts from ED reps showing screen shots and work in progress. I now look forward again to the weekly newsletter to see the snippets of things to come. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Newsletter 28-11-2017

Dear ED,

This sentence is from the newsletter 28-11-2017.

We are also developing our engine to take advantage of the Vulcan API to further improve game performance.

I am very curious at what stage ED is now for this one. I know busy times now for the F-18 and the map persian gulf.

But with the prices for GPU sky high, and the love for flying in the oculus rift. You know that the performance is not a whoooaa.

The benefit of Vulcan Api would be a fantastic boost for the framerate.

A little word is enough without details. :D

Thank you in advance.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: