What comes after the Hornet?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

What will ED's next flagship simulation be after the Hornet? What would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see a dedicated EW/SEAD jet to work with strike hornets. Something like a Raven or Tornado.

For the sake of balance a high fidelity Mig-29 would also be great too.

Edited by Heavy-D69420
I wanted to clarify and narrow the scope of my original question

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need for anything beyond the Hornet. The Hornet is the world, the solar system, the universe. :)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Guest Guest
F-16 of course :)

I've heard the excuse that ED wouldn't do an F-16 because of BMS, but I think ED could smoke BMS. The game is old old old. To me it seems like having an ED high fidelity flight model, an updated version of DCS designed and intended to operate on modern systems, plus not having to bother with a ton of mods would be enough to win over a lot of BMS people.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

F16

i am backing the F16 too

Just make it like this photo enjoy

F16_SCANG_InFlight.thumb.jpg.370e2c77a0ee4f417d17e547a65a7eb3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

There is no need for anything beyond the Hornet. The Hornet is the world, the solar system, the universe. :)

Ehmmm.... that would be the Tornado :D

Being fully serious, I would hope for... no module. Instead, more AI units, potentially a dynamic campaign engine. Give more breathing air for already existing aircrafts. Evolve DCS from modules to air combat environment simulator.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Guest Guest

I think a high fidelity Mig-29 would be nice because it's good opposition to the F14/15/18, plus there's been 1600 of them built according to Wikipedia.

Why the Yak-52 of course.:smilewink:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Guest Guest
Hornet -> Super Hornet ;-)

A multicrew Growler would be cool, but I bet it'd be extremely hard or impossible to get adequate information to model the systems. Do you think that the Super Hornet is different enough from the Legacy Hornet that ED would pursue developing it? The Cortex Super Hornet got the axe for that reason and also it was competition for the Legacy Hornet too, right?

Edited by Heavy-D69420
I wanted to add to my comment

I take it this is more about the next "DCS Flagship" since there's a lot more talk about the F-16 than the more likely Yak-52 so I'm just gonna throw in the Apache which was also named as an interesting future addition to DCS by Wags in the same F/A-18 live stream. While I wouldn't mind the F-16 if it were to be the next big aircraft on ED's horizon, I would much rather see them move onto something that isn't a western multirole fighter.

Guest Guest
I take it this is more about the next "DCS Flagship" since there's a lot more talk about the F-16 than the more likely Yak-52 so I'm just gonna throw in the Apache which was also named as an interesting future addition to DCS by Wags in the same F/A-18 live stream. While I wouldn't mind the F-16 if it were to be the next big aircraft on ED's horizon, I would much rather see them move onto something that isn't a western multirole fighter.

Yes, the next DCS flagship simulation was my intention for this discussion. I just didn't clearly state it but I will edit that into my original post.

F-16 would be great, there is no good sim of it on the market.

Or Su-27, not available in any sim yet ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I did think I'd read that the Russians don't like giving away too much info on new aircraft, so that probably limits those. The Typhoon is probably out for the same reason, as is a newer Tornado. An older Tornado could be interesting.

I also thought I'd read that the Apache was a no go.

I do wonder if the bigger bombers have not been done due to the additional complexity of their systems and the need for multiple crew.

Of the more well known aircraft, Jaguar, G4 Tornado or F16 do seem to be a reasonable thought.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I believe, some sort of dynamic campaign engine would bring DCS on a completely new level, and I wish either ED or a third party group could focus on that instead of making another plane.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

I believe, some sort of dynamic campaign engine would bring DCS on a completely new level, and I wish either ED or a third party group could focus on that instead of making another plane.

+1 agreed. Would be a great addition and I could see there being a LOT of demand for that.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

MiG-29 would make the most sense as a Hornet adversary. The F-16 would be fundamentally so similar to the F-18, it'd be nice to see resources put elsewhere.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Guest
MiG-29 would make the most sense as a Hornet adversary. The F-16 would be fundamentally so similar to the F-18, it'd be nice to see resources put elsewhere.

I like the F16 and wouldn't complain if we got one because the Navy uses it as an adversary, but having a red multirole jet like the Mig-29-even if it's an export variant-that is competitive with the Tomcat, Eagle and Hornet seems like a logical next step to me.

The Russians might not like to give out info on new jets so that eliminates hopes of generation 4+ jets like a Mig-35 or Su-30, but ED already has some info on the Mig-29A/S/G it just needs a new flight model, clickable cockpit and a wider variety of AG weapons including PGM's

Edited by Heavy-D69420

Id love to see a Block 52 F-16CJ/CG as the next Aircraft...

That being said an AH-64D Apache or An UH-60 (preferably a "G" model) would be great. (UAE has AH-64s and a couple of variants of the Viper. And Blackhawks)

I'd also like to see a Heavy Chopper be it a Chinook or a Jolly Green.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Why not an Apache? ;-)

It could work really well in VR with the Apache's little eye piece instrument system.

I would love for any multi-role two seater to happen. Choppers or jets, F-15E, Su-24 AH-1, AH-64 etc Because as amazing as DCS as single player, playing a mission with a buddy is all that more fun. And it's a great way to get people into DCS - it's not hard for them to be a turret gunner in the front of a helo and then they get interested in DCS further.

Edited by NineGzuz