What comes after the Hornet?

Guest Guest

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
F-15E - love the A/G and A/A capability, as well as the various systems that could be used

Dynamic Campaign

AH-64D

I was under the impression that there was already a Strike Eagle in development.

The issue is Eastern Fighters, Especially Modern Ones.. have very little official data available to re-create the aircraft in the detail needed.

Western Fighters have more information available, Eastern States are simply VERY strict on the data being available..

Many current NATO countries operated the MIG-23 and MIG 29 in several variants. There are de-militarized MIG-29's in civil ownership. The data is out there. Legal issues with the Russian government (and ED being based in Russia) seems more likely.

What's a dynamic campaign? A campaign that can have different missions depending on the results of last mission, instead of just the same no matter what?

Yep, basically the outcome is unknown and can be totally different each time you fly it. In fact you are just a piece of the puzzle within the overall campaign, you can do your job well... but if the team fails you could still lose ground. You could also see tanks in one spot in your briefing but once you get on station they are long gone or at least changed position.

At least that is how I define it. DCS at the moment is a bit static.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

A-6 Intruder (any version but ideally early A/B - Yes I'm old) and Dynamic Campaign would do it for me.

To be really really honest I'd love a Package of ONLY-AI entities dedicated to Vietnam. Exactly how it was for WWII.

Yes, I'd pay for all of that.

I like to see Mig-29 9-12 and after Fulcrum, F-16A offcouse, and after that maybe Tornado IDS and USSR WW2 plane will be very intresting (LA-7 or Yak-3)

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

+++

HQ.jpg

And after that EA-18G, F/A-18A, F/A-18D, F/A-18F, CF-18AM, YF-17 etc...

DCS need more hornets.. =)

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

HQ.jpg

And after that EA-18G, F/A-18A, F/A-18D, F/A-18F, CF-18AM, YF-17 etc...

DCS need more hornets.. =)

This is just my thoughts.

I would like to see F-35 Litening after Hornet or SuperHornet.

If u don't like it - it's your problems ;)

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

I think if we want to see a big improvement in the software performance, ED needs to be implement vulkan API ASAP. This would work in everybody's favor.

Its hard to believe were still running on an engine that uses bassicaly only one core. So much waste of performance.

I think ED has many departments for different tasks. Such as aircraft development, game engine and graphics development, WW2 development, map development. So while they are making an aircraft they are also working on other things like performance issues and graphics, maps, weather developments in parallel.

I also want better performance, carrier ops, dynamic campaign, nice weathers, better AIs. But for a new aircraft my vote is F16.

Edited by c@sper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, basically the outcome is unknown and can be totally different each time you fly it. In fact you are just a piece of the puzzle within the overall campaign, you can do your job well... but if the team fails you could still lose ground. You could also see tanks in one spot in your briefing but once you get on station they are long gone or at least changed position.

At least that is how I define it. DCS at the moment is a bit static.

Sounds hard to make. Are there just a bunch of pre-built missions, or a random generator?

A Rafale or Gripen would be pretty cool.

Yeah!

Sounds hard to make.

Well Falcon 4 was able to make it 20 years ago. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

After the Hornet it would be good to focus on core improvements before doing new modules. I really appreciate that DCS did a great job with free Caucaus but there are lots of improvements, fixes and weapon issues on the list.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

We will never see in the next years a 4th gen russian fighter in DCS at full fidelity like the Mig-29 or Su-27. Under goverment secret laws.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

F-16 no question. Even if they started working on it today imagine how long it would take them to develop it.... We wont see it until like, 2024.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

look at the description from the new DCS trailer!

I think that could be the hint for the next big "ED-thing" coming after the F-18.

F-16C_hopefully.thumb.jpg.f4f3def4be450a1077a4581f0692e8f2.jpg

Mr. Matt Wagner, was that a hint?! :D

ED, please make the viper come true!

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Until we get F-16, we could get Su-17, MiG-23 or Su-25TM. They are old planes, with ancient equipment. Even Russia progressed a bit and their force is not full of stoneage like before so I do not see problem with licence.

So, ED, grab manuals and make us Su-17 for a start :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ