Four Additional Flaming Cliffs Aircraft

Vampyre

• ED Team
No one would pay money for a dumbed down version of an already existing plane, and then pay even more for a full fidelity version of it

You are speaking of your own opinion. There are many people that wouldnt buy a DCS full fidelity module as they arent interested in all the work that goes into it. FC3 is a popular product, whether you chose to accept that or not. Adding more value and choice to it will improve that as well.

NO FC4 might not be for you, but there are many people out there it will be for.

And those that want full fidelity should be dancing in the streets honestly, this wont take many resources away from the full stuff coming out.

Again, you guys are disappointed by things you dreamed up you would be getting and now its stated you are not. You didnt lose anything here, what you guys were dreaming wasnt planned.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polls are bunk, I can change that poll around in about 30 mins, with about 1000 vpn's etc, small script. the other thread post doesn't say much. (don't test me)

30 minutes it is.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I personnaly would've prefer FC4 to add new air frames that are too full of red tape to get full fidelity. (Russian's, Rafale, Typhoon, etc)

MP Improvements are much more needed in my opinion than SP content.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

• ED Team
WOW! This turned the excitement of a FC4 around completely. What a bad bad idea! :doh: ED seriously needs to take a look at their priorities.

Or you guys need to reeling your excitement based on a short sentence. No offence guys, but you ramped this up yourselves. ED never promised the moon, so when you dont get the moon, it's not all ED's fault.

I am posting now to quell the expectations. Focus on what is coming, and what you know is coming, focusing on what you can dream up will just disappoint you. FC product line is a gateway product, and popular. You guys are already in the gate, for a lot of you, its not intended for you, the Hornet, that Hind, the F-4, the Viper, etc... those are intended for you.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hoo boy

Hoooooooo boy

pot-legal-flame-war.gif

Oh man.

Hey Nineline, this will get lost in what is now the most popular topic on the ED forums, but can you find out if FC4 aircraft and Hi Fidelity aircraft will share the same slots? Because having limited parking on tarmacs seems restrictive if we're now effectively getting more slots for the same aircraft.

This is really all I care about.

You are speaking of your own opinion. There are many people that wouldnt buy a DCS full fidelity module as they arent interested in all the work that goes into it. FC3 is a popular product, whether you chose to accept that or not. Adding more value and choice to it will improve that as well.

NO FC4 might not be for you, but there are many people out there it will be for.

And those that want full fidelity should be dancing in the streets honestly, this wont take many resources away from the full stuff coming out.

Again, you guys are disappointed by things you dreamed up you would be getting and now its stated you are not. You didnt lose anything here, what you guys were dreaming wasnt planned.

That I know of. I'm aware of how FC3 is a popular product and all. I also know of what your point of view is to bring more people in with existing planes at FC3 level. Which is why I stated this in a later reply........

Even if ED wants to make it on existing aircrafts, why not give it a motive and a deviation? Why not make them based off the existing planes but maybe tandem seat versions?

Planes like the F-15D, F/A-18D, Mirage 2000D, Mig-29UB, maybe even an Su-30M2 or possibly even SM? Who else would be ok with this?

Like as Nineline said, FC4 would be based off of existing aircraft, and the customers don't want a dumbed down version of the exact plane they're flying, so why not a twin seat version of those existing planes?

I think this will also add to the expanded use of Multicrew in online gameplay, and also help implement the new Jester AI

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

i think an fc3 level helicopter would be good (i.e ka-50 but with renewed cockpit model)

i more would like to see su-25 upgrade to full fidelity or some new aircraft into fc4 not some downgraded modules

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

As stated by many.

Not a great idea to offer simplified existing modules of the same aircraft.

There is a element of DCS flyers that look down on FC3 but please ED,don't let this influence your decesion in pressing forward with this idea as you think it's best as existing flyers are looking down their nose. I know new players are important and there is a huge benefit to offering FC4 but not in this vein.

This really does blur the lines and sets up two camps within the same community. I can see two camps evolving and many servers excluding FC4 aircraft for the reason of fairness. Is this how you want the community to develop? At the moment it is easily justified to mix aircraft but many, simplified versions of full modules is a hard to justify as a fair mix in one server.I know MP is not the be all but it is one of the major elements.

It maybe cheap,,easily and quickly appeal to the new and existing FC3 only players, but you will not make many sales with existing full module flyers. Long term,as stated new FC4 aircraft benefits everyone including ED, so why after taking so much time with maps,engines,explosions,effects etc cut corners on FC4?

How many lost sales of full modules would happen after FC4?

We need new blood but maybe listen and think about this one.

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

I was not talking about new aircraft.

Fact is they are developing FC level aircraft, even if they reduce development about half by copying flight model and systems to a downgraded module.

I've highlighted the key part of the argument. "Half" is taken out of the blue, I personally think this module reuse reduces development time by 99%. Physics, FCS, 3D, sounds,AI, DM, sensors, weapons - everything is already done.

This is so, so disappointing. :(

The FC4 had the potential to add aircraft that would not be possible to add as full fidelity aircraft, preferably for me Russian machines. Instead ED had decided to take existing full fidelity aircraft and turn them into FC level aircraft. I guess from from a pure ROI it makes sense but where is the passion for aviation? Where is the effort?

Ok, so you would be reusing the flight model, reusing the external 3d model, reusing the internal cockpit 3d model, reusing existing code for sensors and avionics. What exactly would ED add to DCS world with this move?

This is why it seems like a cash grab. It seems like a move without vision and without passion. Just a pure move for cash flow. Ed should not have said anything about this and just drop it on us if they just wanted more cash flow. FC4 brought a lot of hopes to people to add some new interesting aircraft. All that hope is now gone.

If ED had chosen new aircraft for FC4 it would have made us happy and attracted new players but that requires effort.

I am the alpha and the omega

30 minutes it is.

technically, multiplayer already won the straw poll,

499 votes + 344 votes = 843 votes for multiplayer, verse 708 for single player, and acrobatics is multiplayer and also non multiplayer so that doesn't count, but I would learn on acrobatics being multiplayer because you cant to acrobatic formations by yourself.

so ya I don't have to waste my time screwing with a stupid strawpoll (Ill be working on making DDCS better like I should be)

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Or you guys need to reeling your excitement based on a short sentence. No offence guys, but you ramped this up yourselves. ED never promised the moon, so when you dont get the moon, it's not all ED's fault.

I am posting now to quell the expectations. Focus on what is coming, and what you know is coming, focusing on what you can dream up will just disappoint you. FC product line is a gateway product, and popular. You guys are already in the gate, for a lot of you, its not intended for you, the Hornet, that Hind, the F-4, the Viper, etc... those are intended for you.

I completely see this NineLine, I'm sorry but was a bit disappointed but it will be fine. ED does what keeps the business going of course. But there are soooo many items on the wish list! And if ED as you say listen to the community, whare are for instance the dedicated server?

I've highlighted the key part of the argument. "Half" is taken out of the blue, I personally think this module reuse reduces development time by 99%. Physics, FCS, 3D, sounds,AI, DM, sensors, weapons - everything is already done.

Yes, it's taken out of the blue. Even if development in every area is reduced by more, almost non existent, it doesn't change the fact that another FC module will come to DCS World, although it was stated clearly that there wouldn't be another one.

• ED Team
And if ED as you say listen to the community, whare are for instance the dedicated server?

I have often said I think that 2.5 needs to stabilized before a dedicated server could be looked at and worked on, I see 2.5 stabilizing... sort off topic though.

64Sig.png

NineLine,

I wish to see the multiplayer aspect greatly improved. I'm fine with more FC3 style aircraft being added especially if it helps ED's bottom line. But DCS needs to focus more attention to the Multiplayer / Combined Arms aspect imo.

• ED Team
Oh one more question. If FC4 modules are simplified third party modules, will the third party creators be getting a cut from them as well?

I doubt 3rd Parties will do FC4, but I would guess this opens the door if they would like to do their own. I dont know.

64Sig.png

I doubt 3rd Parties will do FC4, but I would guess this opens the door if they would like to do their own. I dont know.

hope it's doable. would like to see FC4 JA-35

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I personnaly would've prefer FC4 to add new air frames that are too full of red tape to get full fidelity. (Russian's, Rafale, Typhoon, etc).

This would make way more sense. Then existing customers and new would buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand outrage this brought, I mean ED just just showed us that they are spending as little time as possible on FC modules instead they are going for FF, while enlarging a player base and getting more funds for development with hopefully a chance for newcomers to try out FC Helo or Trainer before dumping a lot of money for FF and then hating it. Of course I would love more REDFOR, but I really think I am going to be much happier with more frequent and better FF module releases. Keep up the good work you guys are lately doing, can't wait to master the Bug ! ;)

I really don't get why this is such a big deal. We all love flightsims but we are a niche within a niche. The first party and third-party devs need to be financially solvent. FC4 will:

1. I'm assuming inject $ into the pockets of participating third parties.

2. Bring new players into the fold.

3. You don't have to buy it.

I get the disappointment with the lack of a "new" red-for aircraft but I'm sure the devs hear everyone here. Just take a breather, take a 10,000ft view of the situation and put things into perspective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I really don't get why this is such a big deal. We all love flightsims but we are a niche within a niche. The first party and third-party devs need to be financially solvent. FC4 will:

1. I'm assuming inject $ into the pockets of participating third parties.

2. Bring new players into the fold.

3. You don't have to buy it.

I get the disappointment with the lack of a "new" red-for aircraft but I'm sure the devs hear everyone here. Just take a breather, take a 10,000ft view of the situation and put things into perspective.

1. This was the perfect opportunity to add some new aircrafts to the park with much less work than a full module would require.

2. This was the perfect opportunity to give us the chance to fly modern planes which are still largely classified.

3. It will be awesome to be shot down by someone flying the same aircraft just because this someone can skip action X and Y and therefore launch before you. You could argue that it's not much different with FC3 aircraft but at least you can expect it and act accordingly.

I think eagle dynamics is a great company and software developer but for the first time I'm really disappointed about their choice. It's redundant and a sub-optimal allocation of resources.

Moreover i'm actually slightly pissed because the announcement wasn't clear enough and i was seriously hyped during the last days.

Deep breath... ok so...

Surely ED, as an organization "knows" roughly, how this announcement was going to go down.

Rather than leaking info about FC4 over the last month, find a time in the PR schedule to make one announcement, clearly, that says "FC4 coming, has 4 previously released full-fidelity aircraft".

Dont drip feed us info, let the hype and conjecture build, then try and bury the bad news the weekend before the Hornet comes out.

(p.s. for a bunch or reasons, I also think this is not a good way forward, like... every other person that's posted)