Four Additional Flaming Cliffs Aircraft

Vampyre

My guess for FC4:

P-51D, FW190-D9, Bf109-K4 and Spitfire LF Mk. IX

Four aircraft made by ED.

Might interest casual flyers from other WWII sims.

Good flight models. Systems and switches will translate very well into Flaming Cliffs environment.

Given NineLine's latest interview with Nick Grey, seems like ED has not yet given up on WWII and they have more

modules in the pipeline.

Edited by Schmidtfire

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess for FC4:

Good flight models. Systems and switches will translate very well into Flaming Cliffs environment.

Given NineLine's latest interview with Nick Grey, seems like ED has not yet given up on WWII and they have more

modules in the pipeline.

NineLives already said that No WW2 birds.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• ED Team
I guess it never occurred to ED that people buy FC not because of the lower fidelity but to be able to fly the aircraft and their favourite aircraft that aren't available as full fidelity.

The majority of people that buy this product will be ones that are forced to just to keep up to date.

Again, dont make things up, no one will be forced to buy this.

FC is meant to be the gateway to DCS, its easy access for those that dont want or have time to learn full fidelity. They are expanding the offering to try and attract more people in. Chances are if you are reading this right now, you are not the target audience for this expansion, you are the target audience for things like the Hornet.

No matter how a few people might use it, this is what the Flaming Cliffs line is meant for, entry level with a low price point.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
My guess for FC4:

modules in the pipeline.

WWII stuff would come with the Flying Legends pack, not Flaming Cliffs.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

#1 This is slightly off course but how about using resources to build out the support of multiplayer(I'll even PAY for a properly supported and built dedicated server client that sync's data to clients properly!), how do you grow a game this day in age without extensive multiplayer support?

#2 if there is a high fidelity module and an fc3 version of it, im not going to put the fc3 version of it on the DDCS network(they cause enough balance issue as is).

If you want to grow the player base drop this single player, 1-2 time play through campaign, way of thinking, this is not the future. (try DDCS, seriously, I have what you guys need, some more API support and BOOM, a online game that can do what falcon BMS does!, People will FLOCK to it in massive numbers!)

I agree with the above poster, i think the future of DCS should be concentrated on multiplayer, Single missions can only be played so many times, which is true with any competitive game/sim.

I just hope that at least they will be easy to differenciate in MP lobby, and not share the slot between full fidelity and FC4.

I also hope their performance will be lower compared to full fidelity counter part as to not give the advantage to the FC4 version thru simplicity of operation.

At least bring a different version, variant of it or something.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

a1208265357_5.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I also hope their performance will be lower compared to full fidelity counter part as to not give the advantage to the FC4 version thru simplicity of operation.

Actually full sim should have the advantage as full sim gives you the ultimate control of the airplane and its sensors. As long as you've learnt it well of course and not fumbling around the submenues and flicking through manual in flight, full sim will give let you manage fuel better, navigate with more precision, fine tune radar beam to squeeze the most performance and so on.

Again, dont make things up, no one will be forced to buy this.

FC is meant to be the gateway to DCS, its easy access for those that dont want or have time to learn full fidelity. They are expanding the offering to try and attract more people in. Chances are if you are reading this right now, you are not the target audience for this expansion, you are the target audience for things like the Hornet.

No matter how a few people might use it, this is what the Flaming Cliffs line is meant for, entry level with a low price point.

"FC3 owners will get a discount on FC4"

There are two options here

1. FC3 gets updated to FC4 and you have to buy it to stay up to date because FC3 gets phased out as did FC2 and FC1 as well as BS1.

2. FC3 and FC4 sit side by side in the module list and ED update both seperately.

Which makes the most sense to you?

It is pretty obvious adding extra content to FC gives ED the excuse to double up their FC3 sales by forcing the update on the customer or their FC becomes redundant. It's happened every time, why is this time going to be any different.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• ED Team
"FC3 owners will get a discount on FC4"

There are two options here

1. FC3 gets updated to FC4 and you have to buy it to stay up to date because FC3 gets phased out as did FC2 and FC1 as well as BS1.

2. FC3 and FC4 sit side by side in the module list and ED update both seperately.

Which makes the most sense to you?

It is pretty obvious adding extra content to FC gives ED the excuse to double up their FC3 sales by forcing the update on the customer or their FC becomes redundant. It's happened every time, why is this time going to be any different.

We already have options for FC3, you can buy stand alone versions, you can buy the pack, all get updated no matter what you own, nobody has been forced to buy the FC3 pack if they only purchased, say, the F-15C alone.

Again, stop making stuff up. I get it, you are mad, you had a thought of what you wanted FC4 to be, now it isnt that. But all this doom and gloom and evil ED stuff isnt going to change that, so unless you have something valid to add based on actual information about FC4, then I will start assuming it OT.

64Sig.png

I would stay on the positive side and say thank you to EDs work so far, and if ED make Su-27SM I would sell my dog and send the money as donation :)

I would love to see a Su-27SM in FC4. For me that would be my dream option. Even if not, I'll be happy to see whatever other aircraft they decide to bring in. More generally upgrading to FC4 is a no brainer for me - I'm happy to pay to help support future development.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

There is a good side to this. 2 kinds of people will be happy with this decision.

First are the people, mostly young pilots, who don't have the money/will to buy non fc3 modules. Now they will be able to fly those planes.

Second are pilots that don't use fc3 and wish Ed would use all resources for general improvements and the fully simulated modules. Ed chose the simplest and fastest way to get more fc3 modules out.

For multiplayer I trust our awesome mission and server admins to find a good solution.

I think FC4 would be perfect for tandem seat fighters, as a mirror FC3 and some of the full fidelity planes. FC4 could have the F-15D, Mirage 2000D, Su-30, Mig-29UB and such?

+1

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

I think their choice is economical.

If we -simmers- like to lose ourselves in the meandering systems of our dear devices, it is not the same for the majority of people. Only us, the simmers, are not enough to finance our desires and requests !

It is most certainly a commercial choice to finance projects more "Juicy" from our point of view!

As for the rest, the atmosphere of a game is only what we do! Remember LOMAC ..

signature%20giat%203rd.jpg

"Si je disposais de six heures pour abattre un arbre, je consacrerais les quatre premières heures à aiguiser ma hache. " Abraham LINCOLN

I think their choice is economical.

If we -simmers- like to lose ourselves in the meandering systems of our dear devices, it is not the same for the majority of people. Only us, the simmers, are not enough to finance our desires and requests !

It is most certainly a commercial choice to finance projects more "Juicy" from our point of view!

As for the rest, the atmosphere of a game is only what we do! Remember LOMAC ..

I would insist that most of us that fly FC aircrafts do it because it is our favorite, and not becouse it FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4 and so far. Its just that we dont have any other choice, I dont agree with that people want easier way in, they would go for world of Warplanes or War thunder then. Remember DCS started with Su-27/33, F-15, Mig-29, Su-25/T and A-10, all were on FC level, its just unfortunate some models got full fidelity and som could not make it. But we are stuck with what we started loving this sim for.

We still are very grateful that ED are making FC aircrafts with PFM, good work there, if that would not be done Su-27 would be dead.

Thank you!!!

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

If Su-25A and Su-25T would both be payware in FC3 level (now Su-25T is free) and I could have a option to buy both in clickable cockpit modules, I would go for clickable modules myself - after buying the FC3 and tried them out.

So why does people feel that ED is trying to do a low blow to new virtual pilots who WANT TO FLY - NOT OPERATE SYSTEMS!?

There are thousands of new virtual pilots wanting to get to fly something Cold War era aircrafts, not WW2. They don't want to spend their times after school or work to read hundreds of pages of manuals just to get the bird up in the air!

The fanatics for highest possible simulations should step down from their high horses and understand that FC3 level keyboard functions etc is more than enough for huge amount of virtual pilots who want to fly in VR and wants to get their friends in too to fly online or just fly around and blow things up!

FC4 means that there is more for everyone, not less. Nothing is taken away from any existing module owner! We just gain more as we can get more new people in DCS World!

In future some of them will decide they want to experience more, so they will buy full clickable cockpits modules!

This is as well good answer from ED to countries where prices for single module is same as 2 month salary. So someone can save up couple years and get then 4 modules at once but non-clickable!

Even today most hardcore A-10C and F-15C pilots has been flying seriously nerfed adversaries not just up in the air but as well on the ground. Would they be happy if the Su-27S pilots would be blowing up F-15C pilots without them ever even realizing they were shot at in BVR? Would they be happy that SAM system shoots them down with just couple second warning time?

No, because what they are now flying is illusion of the real combat, and that is area that should be improved a lot. The whole YouTube is full of elitist flying Air Quake and dodging missiles and thinking how superior they are.

If they would be flying realistically, they wouldn't care what so ever do they have clickable or not cockpit in their possession as likely they would come down. And FC4 is not directly changing that, but it ain't going to put owners of such package to be better or worse compared to others.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

allow me to quote myself again, because i think this is quite an important issue and i've seen multiple users over on hoggit voicing similar concerns due to the experience of people being confused about the flaming cliffs brand...

[...] it is extremely important to clearly distinguish the fc variant from the full fidelity module. this could be done by making the fc version a different lot number f.e., even if the differences that would arise from a different lot don't get simulated.

f.e. "F/A-18C lot 20" vs "F/A-18C lot 10 (FC)"

otherwise people might buy the fc version and expecting the full fidelity version (two of my friends nearly bought an fc module, because for them DCS was all about hardcore fidelity and they did not know, that those smiple modules did even exist. luckily the low price made them suspicious)

also it will confuse people who seek help, because every online guide, or every helpful thread would need to clarify which version is it about and i could imagine that some newcomers with the fc version might not even be aware of the full fidelity version. this could get super confusing.

so i would highly advice to find a good naming convention for the new modules. i think a disclaimer on the shop page will not be enough, since many new customers won't even be aware of the concept of fc.

another minor aspect is to be aware of the DCS brand, as of now i think it stands for the hardcore, full fidelity experience and i think it is important to not water that down.

i think of this more of a marketing problem than anything else though: i do think it's a valid strategy to try to grow dcs by opening it to more audiences, as long as this does not change the general perception of the product and brand.

Edited by twistking

allow me to quote myself again, because i think this is quite an important issue and i've seen multiple users over on hoggit voicing similar concerns due to the experience of people being confused about the flaming cliffs brand...

I understand your point but I would want to clarify that there is as much workload in FC air to air aircraft as in full fidelity, the biggest difference is in setting up the systems, when that is done you should not have to press more buttons then on a FC aircraft. that have been a know fact since Ka-50, At the same time a full fidelity aircraft should have more potential when mastered. As you know FC aircraft are PFM. And I would dear to say that Su-27s have one of the better ones :)

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube