Hornet update?

Ragnar65

So thankful ED got the TDC axis assignments implemented. In light of some of the other posts in this thread - the lack of IFF is definitely on the top of the list of things I hear about when flying the hornet with friends.

While, I'm not demanding it be prioritized or anything like that, it certainly will be nice to have when it gets here. Comments like "special kids" referring to people who don't actively use whatever VoIP you enjoy makes me feel I'm listening to/reading from someone rather "special" myself. Not every one who plays the sim is going to play it your way or have your experience level. No matter what we think or say - buddyspikes from friendly Hornets will likely be something we have to deal with until we get IFF. Nothing has stopped me from successfuly landing on a carrier or a runway at this point.

That being said I'm patiently enjoying the updates we're getting, and appreciate having the opportunity to fly this beautiful bug in DCS. Can't wait to see what this thing is like by the end of this year.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could get the update... too much issues with the updater now, been trying for ober 5 hours now fluttershysad.png

Yo, with these gigantic updates, first a 9GB one then a 15GB one (one after the other).... we really need an option to download the updates to a separate drive...

Since all my drives are too full, I junctioned the _downloads to a RAMdisk of 24GB which is too small as well... but this worked totally well when the Gulf and the Hornet have been released.

No delta patches actually... having 13GB and 22GB downloads, but they won't finish.

It's only been a week since release and we've already released two updates and a planned hot fix for Friday. Please be patient.

I actually start considering skipping this update... but then maybe comes the next one in a week. I wish the updater would just do it's job...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I wish I could get the update... too much issues with the updater now, been trying for ober 5 hours now fluttershysad.png

Since all my drives are too full, I junctioned the _downloads to a RAMdisk of 24GB which is too small as well... but this worked totally well when the Gulf and the Hornet have been released.

No delta patches actually... having 13GB and 22GB downloads, but they won't finish.

I actually start considering skipping this update... but then maybe comes the next one in a week. I wish the updater would just do it's job...

Part of the reason your updater may have issues getting the update is because your drive is full. I've seen posts before of people having the same issue.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Since all my drives are too full,

The problem doesn't lie in the updater. It has to do with the size of your drives. You can get a 250GB 2.5" sata III SSD for less than the cost of the hornet module. Personally if 250GB was all the space I had on a drive and I wanted to use it for DCS, I would ONLY use it for DCS. Instead, I have a 480GB PNY SSD i picked up for cheap years ago, and it's only half full with DCS, 1 other sim, and 1 other game. SSD's by design also perform better if you leave some free space on them.

My build for example has 1 240GB sata III SSD for boot, and any programs/drivers related to my system and peripherals, 1 480GB sata III SSD for simming, 1 480GB SSD for anything I might use on steam, and a 4TB HDD i dedicate to video storage/rendering and maybe older programs that load fast enough without the use of an SSD. I'd really love to have NVME drives but I also live on a budget. So those are items on the wishlist for the time being. Every now and then I get to check an item off that list.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything, but the solution to your dilemma is simple and not the fault of ED. I'll also point out that this advice relates to using a desktop PC, which by chance if you're using a laptop upgrading/swapping out drives may not be so easy or doable at all, although it does provide another example the choices made by the end user relating to the limitations of hardware.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Whelp, my 250 GB dedicated DCS drive is about full... time for a 1 TB dedicated DCS drive. :D

>.< Okay. let me rephrase my post :P i'd dedicate a 250GB SSD to DCS World 2.5 Open beta alone. I only have use for one client >.< however, add a few maps and modules and I could see saying the same thing in a year or two.

Dat Hornet tho.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

>.< Okay. let me rephrase my post :P i'd dedicate a 250GB SSD to DCS World 2.5 Open beta alone. I only have use for one client >.< however, add a few maps and modules and I could see saying the same thing in a year or two.

Dat Hornet tho.

That's what I figure... more maps will come out and more modules... so I might as well get the extra room now.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

It's only been a week since release and we've already released two updates and a planned hot fix for Friday. Please be patient.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Was MP Carrier spawning fixed in this patch?

I thought it was, I started flying with my team and at the beginning of the mission we spawned on correct parking places. I got really happy but then after respawn we started spawning on the same place at the elevator :(. So no clue

Since the patch, I've had an issue launching the Hornet from a carrier. It's at about 90 kts off the cat, which puts me in the drink.
Odd. Was playing last night online and I had no issues launching from the carrier. When I left the cat I was at around 180 knots. I always try and launch from cat 4. Did you check to see if speed brake was left on?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• ED Team

We plan (not promise) a hot fix for tomorrow to include:

Yes, there are other items to fix and add like IFF and carrier spawning, and those will be resolved as soon as we can.

F18: velocity vector length calc moved to DLZ()

Hornet: Sound disortion when passing through Mach 1

"PAI : Hornet: AI aircraft has incorrect surfaces position with cold start option

PAI fix for default control surfaces after landing "

F18: bugfix 0043934: Hornet: Re-arming error

F-18: fixed stab pos for issue #0044050

F-18: engine fuel feed lines volume corrected

F18: Target range in RNE indication fix

F-18: fixed hook bypass position at cold start

F/A-18: - APX-111(V) CIT placeholder class added.

F-18: external tanks indication on fuel page on ddi

F-18: BIT for Avionics Undercool Warning Temperature Sensor (bugfix 44076)

connectors are rotated for new missiles AIM-7M (F)

F18: Raero, RNE, Rmax calculation using DLZ func

F-18: added new pitch trim in PA mode

JTAC radios comms error due to SA-18

Edited by Wags

Yes, there are other items to fix and add like IFF and carrier spawning, and those will be resolved as soon as we can.

"PAI : Hornet: AI aircraft has incorrect surfaces position with cold start option

Sounds like lots of fixes. Interested in the new pitch trim, this will probably help in the PA mode and make it easier to trim out when full flaps and gear down.

Really appreciate the effort you guys have put in getting these out so soon after the release.

Thanks for the update Wags, hope it makes it to release status tomorrow :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Wags that is good to know. Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

So what does this mean?? google says apx-111(v) is and iff Interrogator Transponder, so does this mean we are getting iff or is this the groundwork for it?

Joe

:helpsmilie:

thanks Wags!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So what does this mean?? google says apx-111(v) is and iff Interrogator Transponder, so does this mean we are getting iff or is this the groundwork for it?

"Yes, there are other items to fix and add like IFF and carrier spawning, and those will be resolved as soon as we can."

Not sure how more clearer he could've put it.:doh:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals