What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to everything and i will be patient, no need to rush things. I just hope that priority number 1 is the radar lock loss. Im curious how something so esential is still there after so many updates, i guess we are facing here a difficult challenge because of the more realistic radar implementation, if that is the case, keep working guys! You'll solve it! ;)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I look forward to everything and i will be patient, no need to rush things. I just hope that priority number 1 is the radar lock loss. Im curious how something so esential is still there after so many updates, i guess we are facing here a difficult challenge because of the more realistic radar implementation, if that is the case, keep working guys! You'll solve it! ;)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

+1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

The JHMCS has nothing to do with a line. ;)

You're absolutely right: Cueing (or Cuing) System. But I wasn't referring to that. ;)

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

LOL @ the ground radar votes... The pod will be used along with GBU's, JDAM's and HARMs 10,000x more often. Maybe they have a hardon for killing boats? <shrug>

I love the A/A stuff, but ground pounding is more it's forte, and I'm a bit baffled why they developed the A/A stuff first.

jhms - harm - targeting pod and pgm - tws

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

LOL @ the ground radar votes... The pod will be used along with GBU's, JDAM's and HARMs 10,000x more often. Maybe they have a hardon for killing boats? <shrug>

I love the A/A stuff, but ground pounding is more it's forte, and I'm a bit baffled why they developed the A/A stuff first.

Well, we already have a great A/G tool in the A10C and the hornet is the first modern full fidelity jet fighter in dcs.

So HARM, PGM, JHMCS and LTWS is not enough for now.

People are amazing

Trev is a unique and special snowflake, best to just ignore his posts :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I voted HARM, since many of the other stuff can be find on different aircrafts or are partialy there on the Hornet but still WIP, but having something to finaly do human SEAD in game would be nice instead of seing people trying to SEAD with the Harrier's self-defence Sidearm :) On other words, something new.

All of it. But I voted for the helmet thing...

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

I voted for finished A2A radar. Right now, we've got a half-working system that loses locks all the time and doesn't give nearly enough target detail. In a BVR situation, the F-15 has a huge advantage simply because it gives more information on the target and doesn't lose the lock. I don't fly the Russian planes, but from the times they've shot me down it seems they have a really good weapon control system as well. I think finishing up the A2A capabilities should come first so everyone knows what they're dealing with in that capacity, and then we can focus on getting the A2G systems up and running. I think part of finishing A2A is also the IFF capability of the Hornet which will also be useful in A2G stuff.

Cheers!

i would like to see laser targeting for the FA18, along with Mavs - this would bring the capabilities up to at least what other air frames can do, for those that just want to fly the FA18 this would make for some great additions and opens up the scope for more mission types to be developed as dumb bombing is getting old now

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

JHMCS !

We have :notworthy: the Aim-9X.

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5