Any update today?

skoner

Sometimes I hope developers would push out the updates in the periodic manner with tight schedule, just to shut up the demanding "testers", so they can experience all the fun with all the bugs that comes with the tight schedule... Regardless that the aircraft would be unflyable or make whole computer crash without reason, it would be what they deserve....

Seriously, when there is something major to be developed before a something minor can be implemented, then multiple minor features gets on hold while the major part is done at the background. That can mean longer silent weeks as there is a bottleneck.

We all likely have other modules in the hangar to fly if one week there is nothing coming out. We can as well go back to fly the previous added features etc.

Being part of the Early Access means that we are testers. And one of the most important skill of tester is their patience. As they need to test, re-test and re-test stuff that doesn't interest and what has already done on the last version. You need to go through all the things that some new code is affecting, to find out there ain't new bugs.

So patience is what is required more from the Early Access users than those who wait something come out from Early Access.

This exactly!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was an auto mechanic.

I'll also speak up before you will when I know it will do some good. A lesson you never learned.

Making it personal are you?

I never said anything personal about you or your character directly.

If you'd like I can meet you on our TS and we can have a discussion

I'm not going to attack your character on a forum but I'm more than willing to speak with you in private if you want to attack me on a personal level.

Let me know and I'll PM you the address

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

cant believe that there are still guys complaining about the progress of the Hornet and communication from ED.

Wags gave you a quite detailed plan of what is being working on and what they will move to right after. He even showed you the split of the ressources they had.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3661070&postcount=80

WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE?

I would love that for the next EA, ED identify all this people and when these same guys go to the shopping cart a message would pop up saying:

YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH MATURITY POINTS FOR THIS EA PRODUCT, PLEASE GROW UP FIRST BEFORE BUYING.

No, it hasn't.

You people with "I want it all now" slay me.

Early Access.

Seriously, it‘s kinda funny. I haven’t been mad for even a secound during this early access period.

Why? Because I knew exactly what I had to expect. When I read about wip stuff from ED I think to myself „neat“ but I won‘t automatically expect to see these features any time soon.

I mean, what‘s the alternative here? That ED never released the Hornet in the first place and postponed the release until 2019/2020? I would have been sad if they took that approach.

People just underestimate how long early access periods can take. It‘s for avant-gardists and it requires some degree of patience. But that‘s the thing in our modern times, nobody is patient anymore.

However, I haven’t purchased the F-14 yet. One early access module is enough for me currently. When the F-14A and B are bug free and fully functional with all the selftests, weapon modes, systems, damage model and all its bells and whistles included I‘ll buy it in a heartbeat.

Guys, hold your "fury" until end on month.... Wags said October, and they sometimes breaks de two weeks OB updates "routine"...

I was waiting for an update today too, but for sure they are working to bring it to us ASAP.

Enjoy the DCS Hornet meanwhile :)

Making it personal are you?

I never said anything personal about you or your character directly.

If you'd like I can meet you on our TS and we can have a discussion

I'm not going to attack your character on a forum but I'm more than willing to speak with you in private if you want to attack me on a personal level.

Let me know and I'll PM you the address

You must be kidding? When you quote me I assume what you say in that post is directed at me. Just like i'm doing right now to you. Go read again what you said to me and if that's not personal I don't know what is.

PM me if you want to talk in private.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

And that very thread said to expect several things this month, and it looks like we might get none of them.
No, that thread said they were trying to get things out by the end of the month. The thread DID NOT say that x was going to be available on 24 Oct.

So an update might be nice, and that's the point of this thread. Jesus.
Actually, no. The thread was started before the OB update was even released and the OP was wondering if there was any update at all today - you hijacked it for your nefarious scheme.

I really don't get how so many people confuse "could we have an update as it looks like the time frame you gave us has slipped" with "GRWRARAH GIVE ALL THE THINGS TO ME NOW". Can you really not tell the difference?
Or you could be mature enough to realize that stuff happens and ED / Wags will give us some information when they can. There's no rule that says that they cannot release two updates to OB in a day... There's no rule that says we my not get another update this week or next week. Just like we got a patch for OB last week.

You simply need to grow up.

I understand but when you see nearly no improvements or fixes in 2 months its concerning.
That is a flat out lie. In fact we got a patch last week and the week before that for OB. There were items fixed on the Hornet in those patches.

Something that atleast sounds as simple as stopping the radar scan bug that not one other module in dcs has and or ever had.
Really? How simple is it? If it is so simple why don't you provide the code to ED to fix this simple issue? The radar was rebuilt from the ground up to support all of the features that are coming with the Hornet. They didn't just copy and paste the F-15C radar code into the Hornet.

Oh yeah, you have no clue what you are talking about.

And lets be honest most of us that have been fans of the f18 since it was anounced years ago already bought the hornet.
This is irrelevant.

ED had the big payday from the majority that where ever going to purchase it. From a business standpoint it makes sense that it isnt prioritized as high afterwards. But i remain hopefull.
I'm sure ED has had lots of success with the Hornet. That does not change the fact that you pre-purchased a product to gain early access to an unreleased product. The Hornet is a priority for ED, it's obvious in the quality and detail in what we have and what they are striving to achieve.

If it was not a high priority it would have been released as a FC3 module for $39.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

baby+birds+with+mouth+open+hungry_young_birds_3.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

the real problem here IMHO is the lack of ED personel working on the hornet : 4 guys, each one on a differeny system.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Very frustrated with the lack of a Hornet patch and the lack of some communication (Did things hit a snag? Will it come out Friday instead? 31st instead? Never? Tomorrow? If it wasn't a likely release then why tease us with it?).

I've been pretty patient and a vocal supporter of ED, early access in general and the pace of development since the Hornet was released, pre-purchased it ONLY because I have/had a lot of faith in ED as a developer to introduce updates to the Hornet at a steady pace, I've been a fan and supporter since A10C Beta days. They came out of the gates strong after Hornet release with the first handful of patches for the Hornet, but things have really slowed down to almost a standstill and it's starting to get frustrating.

I'm aware that there are some very complex tasks to tackle to move forward with the bigger systems (ATFLIR, A2G radar, etc) and I'll remain patient on that stuff, but there's plenty of softball stuff they could give us in the meantime (like buddy lased LGBs...) to keep the players entertained and feeling that we aren't getting burned on the $80 module we purchased. From an outsiders perspective, priorities at ED just don't seem to be on the Hornet anymore and that is frustrating.

I'm not one to pick up a pitch fork, I'm not one of the "I want it all right now" people, I'm still a big fan of early access, so maybe someone in the right position will read this and take note that some of the people who are/were strong supporters of ED are starting to feel alienated by the seemingly strange priorities. I'm losing faith in ED. Might seem over-dramatic, but we can only form our opinions based on ED's interaction with the community and with the pace of released updates.

+1

I think there is a general feeling of frustration and I'm glad to see it being voiced.

ED has a very strange set of priorities. I think we all understand that things like ATFLIR and A/G radar take time to get right, but there's loads of small things to add that would add to the experience. A steady stream of small additions and effective bug fixes would help keep the customers happy.

I was very surprised that there's only 4 guys working on the Hornet.... It's ED's flagship product, it was promoted, sold and priced as such, it would be nice to have evidence that progress other than small scale, sometimes ineffective bug fixes are being made. Surely 1 extra guy could work on the little things, why isn't it properly resourced?

I think its fair to say the majority of us are not whinging 16 year olds of the 'want it now' generation. I'm a 34 year old aviation professional, with a passion for flight sims that dates back 2 decades. I'm sure others are similar. We brought into Early Access due to this passion and longing for such a sim, not because we are inherently impatient. We need a little respect from ED here.

It's slightly ingenuous of ED to hint and imply that a big update would be released today. Because that's kinda what has happened, we are all aware of the open beta / release update schedule and 99% of logic says an update was due. To be left disappointed is frustrating. Personally I think we'll see an update to open beta next week instead of the stable, but that's only half the point.

More progress please.

Edited by AvroLanc

Truly entertaining...

The advantage of age is maturity and wisdom.

Hang on Grasshoppers, you will achieve this one day as you progress through life.

Loving the EA Hornet and appreciate that we actually have it.

Thanks ED for the allowing early access...Very much appreciated.

Apparently, some here have forgotten that “EVERTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE”

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It's slightly ingenuous of ED to hint and imply that a big update would be released today.

ED DID NOT hint nor imply a big update would be released today. YOU assumed it was since this is the week for an OB update.

We are all aware of the open beta / release update schedule and 99% of logic says an update was due.
An update was released today; maybe you should check your logic again...

To be left disappointed is frustrating.
This is your own doing.

Actually, no. The thread was started before the OB update was even released and the OP was wondering if there was any update at all today - you hijacked it for your nefarious scheme.

I did no such thing. This thread got derailed by post #6 with the usual 'early access' response.

I can't be arsed with this anymore. Those calling people immature and impatient whiners are the very ones who are throwing around the insults and refusing to take the time to understand someone else's point of view.

calm down guys.

it is not problem as long as programmers are working hard on this plane.

and they surely are as Wags said.

There are some other modules that nothing is being said and nothing is being fixed. so you can worry about these moduels instead :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I did no such thing. This thread got derailed by post #6 with the usual 'early access' response.
That was still not the purpose of this thread, as you put it, try to deflect all you want - you were wrong.

I can't be arsed with this anymore. Those calling people immature and impatient whiners are the very ones who are throwing around the insults and refusing to take the time to understand someone else's point of view.

When you behave in an immature manner you will be called out for it. Don't get mad because there is no safe space for you to scream at the sky.

We've heard your point of view time after time and it is the same repetitive BS. It has been explained by the community, ED, Wags and forum moderators and you still behave as if you are entitled to whatever you want when you want it.

The problem is you cannot accept that people don't share the same point of view as you. That is what this boils down to.

+1

I think there is a general feeling of frustration and I'm glad to see it being voiced.

ED has a very strange set of priorities. I think we all understand that things like ATFLIR and A/G radar take time to get right, but there's loads of small things to add that would add to the experience. A steady stream of small additions and effective bug fixes would help keep the customers happy.

I was very surprised that there's only 4 guys working on the Hornet.... It's ED's flagship product, it was promoted, sold and priced as such, it would be nice to have evidence that progress other than small scale, sometimes ineffective bug fixes are being made. Surely 1 extra guy could work on the little things, why isn't it properly resourced?

I think its fair to say the majority of us are not whinging 16 year olds of the 'want it now' generation. I'm a 34 year old aviation professional, with a passion for flight sims that dates back 2 decades. I'm sure others are similar. We brought into Early Access due to this passion and longing for such a sim, not because we are inherently impatient. We need a little respect from ED here.

It's slightly ingenuous of ED to hint and imply that a big update would be released today. Because that's kinda what has happened, we are all aware of the open beta / release update schedule and 99% of logic says an update was due. To be left disappointed is frustrating. Personally I think we'll see an update to open beta next week instead of the stable, but that's only half the point.

More progress please.

….I wish I was 16...or even your age bud Good post. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

You guys do realize there is about 3 people that are loudly complaining about slow progress in this thread? There are some that only say 'dissappointed' or 'slow progress' but there is literally only about 3 people constantly reacting and telling people they dont get it. Talking about noisy minorities.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

It's not like you can just grab a can off a shelf and out come a squad of talented, subject-interested programmers and engineers. We're lucky to have as many as there are. And if there was a secret can full of aviation-minded talented software engineers, to pay for triple the engineers would triple the cost. Are you prepared to pay 400 bucks for your hornet?

To me, its all good. I can wait. I have a lot of game to play already.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL