In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

I am missing something on the install. Can Someone tell me how to correctly install this mod please.

Installation

Copy the Scripts folder into your DCS Saved games folder.

Usage

Toggle the scratchpad with CTRL+Shift+X

Use Esc to remove the textfield focus, but keep the scratchpad open

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Great work on this profile guys (post 50). Nice work. Also I found out that if you say (comma) between each group of 2 numbers you will get a pause. Something like this N (,) 42 (,) 15 (,) 20, the read back will be something like this N...42...15...20. I am not even using the scratchpad now just the dictiction readback. Great stuff.

Thanks again.

Edited by hammer97

Great work on this profile guys (post 50). Nice work. Also I found out that if you say (comma) between each group of 2 numbers you will get a pause. Something like this N (,) 42 (,) 15 (,) 20, the read back will be something like this N...42...15...20. I am not even using the scratchpad now just the dictiction readback. Great stuff.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear it. Appreciate the feedback.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

What is the best way to refocus input to the In-Game Scratchpad™ for input?

This is one of those simply mods that comes along once in a blue moon and changes the way I fly completely. Well, in this case, less "fly" and more m mission prep. Anyway, I'm loving this mod! :thumbup:

The problem I'm having is that I can't get the focus back onto the window for input, once I've given it away with <Esc>. Open and close with <Ctrl><Shift><X>, once the window was open, simply opens and closes the window. I'm having to click on the window to return the input focus to it.

The problem with that, is that the pointer for over-the-cockpit layers can only be seen, if it is actually over a layer, and in this case, it's a little like finding a needle in a haystack.

On top of that, I'm often clicking outside the DCS World window inadvertently, which switches the input focus to windows, which means I have to switch out to window, and then back into DCS to get input focus back into DCS *ugh*.

One solution to that, is to set the mouse pointer to be locked into the DCS window and switch to Real-Full-Screen-Mode™, but that is a PITA if I actually have to switch out of DCS into window to do something *double*ugh*.

Any tips?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Many Thanks!!

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

What is the best way to refocus input to the In-Game Scratchpad™ for input?

This is one of those simply mods that comes along once in a blue moon and changes the way I fly completely. Well, in this case, less "fly" and more m mission prep. Anyway, I'm loving this mod! :thumbup:

The problem I'm having is that I can't get the focus back onto the window for input, once I've given it away with <Esc>. Open and close with <Ctrl><Shift><X>, once the window was open, simply opens and closes the window. I'm having to click on the window to return the input focus to it.

The problem with that, is that the pointer for over-the-cockpit layers can only be seen, if it is actually over a layer, and in this case, it's a little like finding a needle in a haystack.

On top of that, I'm often clicking outside the DCS World window inadvertently, which switches the input focus to windows, which means I have to switch out to window, and then back into DCS to get input focus back into DCS *ugh*.

One solution to that, is to set the mouse pointer to be locked into the DCS window and switch to Real-Full-Screen-Mode™, but that is a PITA if I actually have to switch out of DCS into window to do something *double*ugh*.

Any tips?

VoiceAttack solves that if you're using it.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

VoiceAttack solves that if you're using it.

I've used VA, but I stopped, bc between DCS not actually understanding keyboards --DCS thinks EVERY keyboard is a US keyboard - thanks ED :mad: -- and similar with VIACOM2. Besides Windows thinks I talk like a New Orleans Street Whore™ and that doesn't help matters.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I've used VA, but I stopped, bc between DCS not actually understanding keyboards --DCS thinks EVERY keyboard is a US keyboard - thanks ED :mad: -- and similar with VIACOM2. Besides Windows thinks I talk like a New Orleans Street Whore™ and that doesn't help matters.

VoiceAttack will allow you to use a Hotas button to position the cursor anyplace you program it to AND Left click to refocus if need be. Makes it easy to "find" the cursor as well. Just a thought.

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

VoiceAttack will allow you to use a Hotas button to position the cursor anyplace you program it to AND Left click to refocus if need be. Makes it easy to "find" the cursor as well. Just a thought.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that. I'll keep it in mind.

The better solution would be if Scratchpad™ had an input to take the keyboard input focus; no need for extra software.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Is this where I am suppose to place the folder? For some reason, I cannot get it to work.

No, inside DCS.openbeta.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I talk like a New Orleans Street Whore™

You got a twangy accent do ya? :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No, more like Cajun: Yooh haav to ah-pees thee gods, yooh must make thee sakree-fise. Go to so-da ma-sheen, git bah-tul... ko-kah-ko-lah... :blink:

Hell, I don't know. I grew up in Michigan. Must be that heavy Mid-Western drawl.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Have it installed correctly. Actually, I had it working before.

Unfortunately, I cannot get it to open up now.

Running VR with the F14. I am able to get the SRS interface to launch.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I cannot get it to open up now.

Just tried the Mod and it is not working anymore sad.gif ... I've sent a mail to the author, at GitHub, to see if he can update it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I was able to use this for a while, but have not been able to get it to launch now for at least a month or so.

Great tool though for VR. Nice to copy and paste radio freq's and waypoint info...

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 2 weeks later...

awesome mod ... couldnt download the files however.

Just created the files and the filestructure and followed the instructions - et voila :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts