Won’t Launch from Carrier (with salute)

SonofEil

I believe I read somewhere that if you're not >= MIL power, the hand salute won't work. Check your throttle axis mapping - you might find you're a smidge under MIL at the detent.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

There are my last experiments...

I have an old mission with a carrier where F-18 uses as prinary aircraft.

Tried to replace it with F-14B.

Tomcat can't start with catapult.

Then I re-create the same mission and used F-14B from the beginning.

And it works perfect!

Tried to compare these missions but didn't find any differences yet.

So, the main problems with Tomcat came with few DCS upgrades together.

There is something changed in the ME or in DCS World logic compare with the previous versions.

I think there is not F-14B problem only because after re-saving old mission in the current actual version ME will not fix this problem. It means that some old parameters in ME are not touching anymore. Also it seems to me that I've found few script's fields in old mission which are not present in the current version of the same mission.

Have to check a little more because have some doubts. I am not sure that all missions on the all online servers were totally re-created. I think that authors just added Tomcat to the list of available aircraft and that's all.

Too strange problem if be true...

There are my last experiments...

I have an old mission with a carrier where F-18 uses as prinary aircraft.

Tried to replace it with F-14B.

Tomcat can't start with catapult.

Then I re-create the same mission and used F-14B from the beginning.

And it works perfect!

Tried to compare these missions but didn't find any differences yet.

So, the main problems with Tomcat came with few DCS upgrades together.

There is something changed in the ME or in DCS World logic compare with the previous versions.

I think there is not F-14B problem only because after re-saving old mission in the current actual version ME will not fix this problem. It means that some old parameters in ME are not touching anymore. Also it seems to me that I've found few script's fields in old mission which are not present in the current version of the same mission.

Have to check a little more because have some doubts. I am not sure that all missions on the all online servers were totally re-created. I think that authors just added Tomcat to the list of available aircraft and that's all.

Too strange problem if be true...

It´s not only the launch. I´ve got massive vr fps problems when adding the F-14 to old missions; it really sucks, fps getting down at the Gulf to 15 frames, unplayable!. Even my night missions which never get low fps in the Hornet are sucking. Building the same mission new from scratch with same amount of vehicles and at same locations I can stay at 35-45 fps. The same happens to me in Nevada and even Caucasus. All old mission suck with the Tomcat and rebuilding it (just SAVE AS ist not enough!) is really smooth in VR. Of course I deleted the folders in my saved games folder after the last updates.

I use to have this problem, then I start to do everything slow and the problem was solved. I connect to the catapult, wait for the clear to take off message, put the throttle in mil and wait for the RPM and fuel flow reach the max, only after that I salute and take off.

Try to do everything a little bit slow. Worked for me.

• 10 months later...
Now I have a mission starting on the cat and the F-14 won't launch AT ALL. No matter what I do, power up, down, disconnect , reconnect....
Try totally disconnecting, then re-taxi to a new catapult and get as close as you can to the shuttle. Reconnect with the "U" key, hopefully it won't rock around as much. Then you should be able to launch. That has worked for me in the past.

I think the sim somwtimes gets stuck in that "hooking up" process and animation, so you are not actually attached, even though it looks like it.

Hope it helps

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I get this bug if I salute before the launch bar has had time to fully engage, or should I say not waiting till the aircraft is finshed "shimming" into place if not aligned perfectly. Everytime.

So I now just take my time and make sure the I am connected to the catapult, and the aircraft is stable on deck, ready to go. And haven't had any issues, as of yet.

Hadn't noticed this in awhile but hit me last night on Bankler's trainer. I usually land and launch at least 3 times but would not launch me for anything, so had to quit and practiced aerial refueling instead.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Now I have a mission starting on the cat and the F-14 won't launch AT ALL. No matter what I do, power up, down, disconnect , reconnect....

I've had this issue numerous times. I haven't found a fix other than abandoning the mission...

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Same here, bought the F-14 a while ago but hadn't had much time with it yet.

Last weekend did set up a simple carrier take-off mission (Caucasus map, dropped the Stennis on the sea and gave it a heading to go to, placed an F-14B on it) but it will not launch every time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't (even after seeing the salute executed). Mill power, full AB power... same thing. Sometimes it get's launched when i put the throttles back to idle, if i'm not fast enough then, i'm in the drink. Frustration then kicks in.

What does Heatblur say about this?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I had this problem but very rarely. I tried it again last night just to see. I trapped, unhooked from the wires, taxiied over to the cat, hooked up, saluted, and launched, flaps up. Came back, trapped, unhooked from the wires, taxied over to the cat, hooked up, saluted, and launched this time with flaps. Worked every time.

One thing I wondered is if there was a keybind for salute as I read that someone hit salute to launch. I myself do not recall a salute keybind, and I looked through the controls list for one and did not find any. But my thought being maybe there is a salute command which does nothing more than that, salute. Like in Arma 3, you can salute, but it's more for show than anything else.

Anyway, to hook up to the cat, I lower the launch bar then hit "u". The JBD comes up, I get adjusted onto the shuttle, and then after I go to launch power, I hit LEFT shift and U, my avatar salutes, then I'm launched a second later.

When I did have the problem, I would just idle everything, wait a moment, then power up again and hit right SHIFT U again and it would be fine. Come to think of it I think I only have this problem on Cat 1. The test I did last night was on Cat 2. Maybe that has something to do with it.

<shrug>

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

When they say "salute" they mean "Lshift+U", just that.

OK, just checking because in my options, lshift-U is listed as catapult launch. In any case, I launch pretty much 99.9% of the time, all the time.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I had this start to happen again this week - no new patch... nothing... haddn't happened in ages but again.

Same as others, I have to idle for a bit and then it will launch then I go full AB to make a successful launch.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had this start to happen again this week - no new patch... nothing... haddn't happened in ages but again.

Same as others, I have to idle for a bit and then it will launch then I go full AB to make a successful launch.

Have the same problems in some missions (SP). I also just keep it in idle, salute and then it launches.

I have this too from time to time. The problem is the kneel. sometimes it just isn't comlpetely down, so while still hooked to catapult I simply lift the nose a bit and then kneel down, and make sure to keep the switch down at least for 5 seconds.

Once completely down you will notice the plane sort of locks itself with the deck (kind of like when you shut down engines on the deck and the planes snaps together with the ship). Then the catapult kicks in, so I would recommend to keep it at the mill power before you do that.