About the last Hornet Update (April 2nd)

borba_eagle

Thanks Wags for this great update! All ED community are proud with this brilliant work!

Some questions that I have about that and maybe someone from the ED Team could answer:

- The ATC will call for ME callsigns or Board Numbers?

- There is any way to create some callsigns like the used by US Navy in example? We need more callsigns, the old ones are too restrict to multiplayer environment.

- The deck crew will be able to work with Multiplayer?

Thanks again for the great work done and incoming!

Yeah, I agree, this sounds absolutely amazing. It's gonna make the Hornet, F-14 and DCS as a whole much, much more fun. I can't wait!

Good question regarding the MP, borba_eagle.

Also I presume it is going to be a paid module, apart from the ATC?

Can't wait for more info, pics, and video! Particularly interested in the parking situation! Hopefully we can fit 30+ spawn points! Hopefully we can set them like we do for airports in ME with slot numbers...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Superb for immersion !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man, I can't wait to see GA's video on the new carrier.:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

This is going to be good... except all those landings we just stick on the one wire which instead will be “Wave off, wave off”.

Also will the new Nimitz replace the Stennis as a drop in to missions or will it require re-inserting into the mission (given the Stennis is a Nimitz class carrier). How will things work in those who buy vs those who do not?

Edited by Cytarabine

I wonder, if I place the paid carrier in a multiplayer mission, will all clients who spawn or land on it require the paid module, or will they still be able to use the basic functionality just without the extras?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I have a question: Personally, if I choose not to buy. Can I still use the ACL function of F/A18C?

I was under the impression the carrier was free and to be part of DCS World.

Where have they said it will be a purchase?

:huh:

I wonder, if I place the paid carrier in a multiplayer mission, will all clients who spawn or land on it require the paid module, or will they still be able to use the basic functionality just without the extras?

About this question I think that it will be like maps or "mods". If you don't have it, you can't join the server.

;3869002']I was under the impression the carrier was free and to be part of DCS World.

Yes they did a while back but a search will be required to locate the information..

As I understand it, it is a fully fleshed out carrier compared to the free one. Think elevators and such.

About this question I think that it will be like maps or "mods". If you don't have it, you can't join the server.
So in this case, there has to be a free carrier somewhere in the mission for those who did not purchase the new animated carrier to land on.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Edit

It would be a better option not to be able to land rather than being kicked out of the server

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Weekend news 11/01/2019

Can you guys please post a link to the carrier related new? Cannot find anything.

Although we released a greatly improved and free Nimitz-class aircraft carrier at the time of the Hornet release, we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. This product will have an incredible level of detail and include such features as a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier.

Once this project is complete, the team will finish up the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer and then return to and release the updated Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Proper ATC comms, a buzzing carrier deck with red, green and yellow shirted deck crew, Mule parking aircraft, elevator taking aircraft down below and bringing up aircraft, all these and more in a flight sim world? It will be epic and really immersive.

Looking forward to this.

;3869002']I was under the impression the carrier was free and to be part of DCS World.

Not sure, but I'd be selling it if it is really good. These folks need to make money to stay in business. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I wonder how it's going to be in VR. I'm sure it'll be a first-person view, but will be able to walk around? It doesn't have to be the entire ship but at least some areas. Also, I'm sure ED would agree it's about time to be able walk up and enter the A/C. Seems like HB has figured out how to load aircraft profiles on the fly e.g. Pilot/RIO profiles.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals