DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

What a HOOT!! Thanks ED, great job!

i7 12700K,   RTX 4090,  MSI Z690 Carbon WiFi,  32GB x 2  DDR5 5200Mhz Ram,   Windows 11,    DCS Stand alone,   OpenXR Toolkit,   Pimax Crystal,   Thrustmaster Viper Stick with RealSimulator  FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra Base,    Winwing Orion 2 10th Anniversary with F-16EX Throttle Grip,    Virpil ACE Interceptor Pedals

Weird problem. With any SC launch mission with F18 or F14, I start over the ocean instead of on the ship. Using PC version.

Tried repair/clean.. no mods.

Anyone else see this?

EDIT: Nevermind. I updated DCS, but didn't install the SC module. Duh! Too excited to get into this I guess.

Looks amazing so far!

Edited by zappa
I fixed the problem myself

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

I am a 100% stable DCS user but I would go to OB if ED said 9 months is realistic.

Same here but I setup an OB install a couple weeks ago as I knew I'd want to run it as soon as it arrived :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Someone mentioned about 6-9 months I believe

Please stop spreading false info around. This is how rumors get started. There has been no official word from ED about stable version. Stable version will be updated once Open Beta is stable enough for it.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Please stop spreading false info around. This is how rumors get started. There has been no official word from ED about stable version. Stable version will be updated once Open Beta is stable enough for it.

Thanks Pimp.

I downloaded OB just to see the carrier. A little frustrating because I have to re set up my HOTAS, and my rudder pedals are not being recognized. All work fine in the stable version. grrrrrrr

Thanks Pimp.

I downloaded OB just to see the carrier. A little frustrating because I have to re set up my HOTAS, and my rudder pedals are not being recognized. All work fine in the stable version. grrrrrrr

I simply copy the input folder from stable to OB and vice versa when I setup controls. Always worked so far.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Weird problem. With any SC launch mission with F18 or F14, I start over the ocean instead of on the ship. Using PC version.

Anyone else see this?

EDIT: Nevermind. I updated DCS, but didn't install the SC module. Duh! Too excited to get into this I guess.

Looks amazing so far!

Lol I did the same :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Who says its false? The user asked a question and I replied with what I had read.

No need to throw your toys out of the pram because the answer isnt to your liking pal.

Anyone else see this?

Looks amazing so far!

I have the same problem, bu I have the SuperCarrier installed!!

Thanks Pimp.

There are ways to share controllers setup between stable and OB.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

To be honest for what it is, I am happy.

Flying in and out was alright, cool. What really got me was the LSO platform with the screen, I had a blast, an amazing time with it and directing people. Great stuff.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

It’s incredible, loved the line up directions, so much more immersive. Have failed every time to land hit the back of the carrier, stall into the water etc etc. so going to love practicing in this

Glad I went for the pre launch purchase although didn’t see any discount for already owning the. F18

1 bolter with Tomcat.

1 bolter and 1 trap with Hornet.

So happy despite my lousy grading.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I got 3 traps in during my lunch break. 2 to the Abe Lincoln on the F-14 Instant Action and 1 to George Washington. Couldn't find the Hornet missions though very briefly saw the three carriers in the mission editor though was rushed for time. Will be trying the qualification missions later.

Glad to finally have it. They look great. Experienced stutter on the communications transitions (see you at 10 etc) and never saw the ball call in the menu. Had a 2 wire and 4 wire. I was a wave off on the other, but landed anyway and Jester called Bolter. Had to get back to work.

Will be on all night for sure!

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Didn't work. I deleted Input folder from OB and pasted Input from stable. No luck. Any other ideas?
I share them with hardlinks in Windows. They're not even in my saved games folders, on a different drive actually.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Correct. If you don't buy it, you can't trap.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Used it today both Sp and Mp. 3 hrs not a single crash with excellent frame rates without changing anything. Only issue I am having is when I look at the island I get a “black strobe” flashing from eye to eye. Goes away when I look away. Frame rates stay over 45. In the F14 with my index. Don't even know where to start . Everything else works fantastic!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.