DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

That is a bummer . And I had the day off from work too...It is what it is but since they are not giving any idea of a new time frame I assume it is going to be many months to maybe a year before this thing sees the light of day. I just don't get why wait to the release date to inform everyone when it was known at least 4 or 5 days ago that it was not going to make it . If I had to guess they had an idea it was not going to make the release date weeks ago. I can get why a lot of people get upset when you give people something they get excited for then squash it like a bug it tends not to sit well with some.

If things with it are as bad as they suggest reading between the lines with the limited information given then I can understand why its a no go even though I do not play multiplayer at all I am sure there are issues with Single Player as well. As they say. Life Goes On.....

Edited by Manhorne

I'm so dissapointed in ED and how they managed everything in regards to the supercarrier, obviously they don't care. Delaying a module for MP issue? What? Just don't use carrier group that generates the desync and let the SP people enjoy. Thanks for the hard work, but boy communication is hard for you.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

Just glad to get some communication on what is going on. Don't care if it is delayed, as long as you guys are working through it and trying to release in the best state possible that is all I need to know at this point.

Those asking for refunds because it missed the date today should be given their refund and also banned from ALL EA going forward

Yes, better to delay then add more bugs.

I hope ED continues to work on the base sim because without a stable base we have nothing. ED's biggest problem is there cryptic communication with the community and their over zealous opinion of their skill and ability to complete projects. I'm not saying this to be rude but ED has a history of saying they will do A,B,C when they partially implement A only. ED should be a classroom study in PR failure and extremely poor project management. Again, not trying to be rude because it is always better to say we will do A,B and then deliver A,B,C, and or D. Most customers do not care about the internal issues of a company. Customers care about getting what they've order when they are told they will get it; over estimate and stop under estimating delivery.

I'm disappointed like many others, but in my opinion, it is better to hold the release until it works. Get some new community managers or allow the ones you have to speak freely. The extremely poor and cryptic messages posted by them was ridiculous; (read the news release ;) wink wink ) was the just odd; this isn’t some sort of flirting ritual. There is no reason to be cryptic with your customers.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

They are not legitimate questions unless you happen to work for ED or have a seat on the board that has an input on a possible release date. You have your information from ED, move on and await the module, it is not that difficult.

I am not defending or insulting anyone, but thank you for pointing out I do not have to agree with someone else's opinion, but i have to see it from their point of view, similar to the way you replied to me, not.

The module is delayed, 20 pantie twisting moaners on a internet forum will not change that, live with it.

I'd love to work for you.

You pay in advance, I delay the job a few times, then I show up late the day I do show up, and maybe the job isn't what I promised. And the second you say one word about it I get to call you a "pantie twisting moaner".

I'm free next Monday if you'd like to pay me now. music_whistling.gif

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

It is actually funny how upset some folks are.

I understand if you just joined the forum or just started flying DCS, but if you've been here for the past 2 years or more and are surprised the carrier wasn't released, well...I can't post here what I'd like to without getting another infraction haha.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I understand if you just joined the forum or just started flying DCS, but if you've been here for the past 2 years or more and are surprised the carrier wasn't released, well...I can't post here what I'd like to without getting another infraction haha.

Actually, while ED have missed development goals, this is the first time I can remember them missing a release date for a new product.

I don't want an infraction, I just wanted to express my self. Maybe that's not what the forums are.

Stay safe

Agreed. But no amount of you having a dig at people is going to improve their view of ED either, so please don't.
I apologise for that and will not do so from here on out. Being in isolation had driven me a little stir crazy so I very much apologise to anyone who felt that I was having a dig at them.

All the best guys

Yes, better to delay then add more bugs.

I hope ED continues to work on the base sim because without a stable base we have nothing. ED's biggest problem is there cryptic communication with the community and their over zealous opinion of their skill and ability to complete projects. I'm not saying this to be rude but ED has a history of saying they will do A,B,C when they partially implement A only. ED should be a classroom study in PR failure and extremely poor project management. Again, not trying to be rude because it is always better to say we will do A,B and then deliver A,B,C, and or D. Most customers do not care about the internal issues of a company. Customers care about getting what they've order when they are told they will get it; over estimate and stop under estimating delivery.

I'm disappointed like many others, but in my opinion, it is better to hold the release until it works. Get some new community managers or allow the ones you have to speak freely. The extremely poor and cryptic messages posted by them was ridiculous; (read the news release ;) wink wink ) was the just odd; this isn’t some sort of flirting ritual. There is no reason to be cryptic with your customers.

100% THIS, but you and I have talked about that. Calm down before you get slapped.......lol

I don't want an infraction, I just wanted to express my self. Maybe that's not what the forums are.

What an odd thing to post.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Really appreciated. :thumbup:

+1: appreciated.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

They honestly said the super carrier is ready to go but we don’t release EA products during a sale. I know people that were preordering as late as yesterday because we were told it’s ready to go and then today at the 11th hour we get a pretty weak statement. Hey it’s not done, but look over here at all this other stuff we have planned.

I'm so dissapointed in ED and how they managed everything in regards to the supercarrier, obviously they don't care. Delaying a module for MP issue? What? Just don't use carrier group that generates the desync and let the SP people enjoy. Thanks for the hard work, but boy communication is hard for you.

To be fair, if they didn’t care, they would have released it bugs and all just to make a release date, and to hell with us if it didn’t work right. They obviously want the module working well enough so it can be usable, and while I get the fact it does state the main no go was related to MP side of things, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there are other issues relating to the SC in general.

Yes it’s disappointing especially as they didn’t let us know till day of release, certainly I was talking enthusiastically about using this for our weekly flying session tonight, and how amazing it would be and then I checked the forums.... ????????????????. The plans have obviously changed for tonight’s flight now bugger.

I get that a lot of people of stuck at home in lockdown across the world, and were looking forward to this as an escape and having the time on their hands, they could have really put it through it’s paces, but sadly these things can happen, and even though you can do programming from home I’m sure, we have no idea how the virus has effected EDs work force, and can any of us honestly act surprised that things have been delayed in this current climate.

I bet all the programmers at Ed, who have been working their butts off to get this to us, are as disappointed if not more than us about the entire situation.

IF they released it with the current issues, then they would end up spending every day fighting off the complaints that it doesn’t work correctly and why did they release it in this condition, it’s a situation that which ever way they went they were screwed.

Could it had been communicated better, YES. Were they aware it would likely be delayed 3 days ago, after the weekend test, YES quite possibly. But obviously they were trying not to disappoint us and I guess put all their eggs in one basket Hoping to get a solution in time, which has back fired somewhat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Maybe they then can incorporate the Tomcat upon the release.

Most likekly wishful thinking though. One gets used to delays in DCS.

As for ED Ill only buy close-to-finish products from now on. Except for A-7 and Eurofighther, that are 3rd party.

*sigh* another delay. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed again in another month. Just disappointing how ED keeps screwing people over. And before anyone says "It is Early Access" you are incorrect. It has been pre-order and has been pushed back twice further to even get the Early Access. Early access means I can actually access it and play it, despite the bugs.

Why does one need to take one position or the other? Doesn’t someone have the right to be pissed and understanding at the same time?

Speaking for myself, I’m really disappointed that the release has been delayed. I’m also really annoyed that news of the delay was conveyed the morning of the anticipated release with not a whole lot of detail about the actual reason for the delay and no new commitment to a future release date. That is a really bad sign.

At the same time, if it’s just not ready, it’s just not ready, and if it doesn’t work, then they can’t release, and I understand that. So, in that regard the decision to delay is also practical and perhaps unavoidable. $hit happens, we have to deal with it.

What I don’t understand is all the accolades that go out to “Kate” for making some statement on the morning of release that includes a little more information on a general development roadmap. Whoopty doo. Until yesterday, I didn’t even know who she is. She barely interacts with the community here and I’m hard pressed to view the single post as “transparency”. That honestly rubs me the wrong way much more than the actual delay. I mean the whole announcement about an announcement makes no sense. It created much more agitation then necessary. I’m just flummoxed by all the ass kissing over this announcement.

Sorry if I do not accept it at face value, remain skeptical and expect more. Ive been with this sim since the beginning. I’m not going anywhere, but I have a right to be put off, and I won’t be apologetic for my disappointment just because the CEO who I’ve barely ever heard of made some general announcement.

I agree with you, and what she said today wasn't really that different Hoggit statement anyway....

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

They honestly said the super carrier is ready to go but we don’t release EA products during a sale.

This is actually a really good point that seems to have been lost in the shuffle. They were either not being forthcoming then, or they are not being forthcoming now. This just goes to my point that the decision to delay again on the ground of "MP functionality" is illogical and doesn't make sense. There must be something more. I just don't understand why they can't be honest...and well..."transparent" about it.

As I stated previously, I'm not happy about a delay, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work and it can't be released. However, communicate it better, honestly and in a more timely fashion. Also, the announcements about an imminent announcement have got to stop. Just make the announcement once. You'll spare your customers the apprehension, anxiety and aggravation that builds in between. This is really just common sense.

Finally, on the issue of transparency...saying you are going to be transparent is just lip service. You actually have to do it.

Edited by Jarhead0331

Of course.

And as a crapton of people are out of work, money is tight, and paying customers are at a premium - unless you're selling toilet paper or MREs - it would seem like a very good time to be extra nice to those customers who are shelling out the cash. Even if that "extra nice" amounts only to good communications.

I can accept delays, it's fine. But this could have been handled a bit better.

Yup! How was your Chivas?

There is an easy answer. They thought they could make it in time.

They allways said "they aim on the 15th". That means there are bugs that would prevent a release but they are confident to fix them in time.

No. Instead of winks and innuendos about announcements about announcements. They should have cancelled, and rather release as a surprise.

If you read the posts here, people do not complain about delay, except for the MO reason. Most complain about somewhat strange communication.

What else can I say...

Everywhere things are promised, release dates are announced and not kept. Here as well as in Star Citizen and many other games. So why do they even say an exact date?

That's why all developers should take a close look at this saying:

Better to surprise positively than to fulfill negative expectations.

I don't want to belittle you dear developers, I really admire your work. Please don't always let yourself be pinned down to fixed dates, but say, it comes when it comes! Disappointments are unfortunately omnipresent. So just surprise us positively!

Damnit man. I'm pissed. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. Hopefully this delay will allow them to include more features in the initial release than previously planned. In the meantime, can we at least get some new videos to pass the time? Just some good old-fashioned customer service.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Can't say I am pleased but not upset either. if MP is that messed up, people on this forum would crucify ED for releasing the SC with messed up MP.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1