Mission Editor Top User Requested Features

NineLine

If not already suggested:

Ability to save multiplay missions in progress to continue at a later time.

Marquee around multiple objects to allow a group to move.

3D simple elevation map by sector to allow specific placement of vehicles.

Ability to add an airfield.

• Like 3

Similar to how the triggers work for "Message to Group" or "Sound to all", it would be wonderful to have a "Start Delay" option under AI Task push. 

As a mission creator, I use delayed triggers via AI task push very regularly for units, sounds, radio transmissions, etc.  As it stands now, If I have with a triggered action to make a radio transmission, I use AI task push when needed to activate it.  If I want a 2nd unit to respond (ie other group, ground controller, atc, etc), I create a flag along with the first trigger/transmission, then create a whole new trigger with a "time since flag" condition, then the response from unit 2 via AI task push.   It would save so much time to have a "Start Delay" option available for the AI task push because things could be stacked  within one trigger.   

Other huge wishlist items:

1.  Undo last action.  I don't know how many times I've deleted the group accidentally.....after spending so much time setting things up.

2. Ability to copy/paste triggers between missions.   

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Ability to edit/add kneeboard pages from Mission Editor.

Edited by rwbishUP
  • Like 5

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• 1 month later...

Be able to 3D view object and terrain on editor, so you do not need to run the mission to see if you have putted correct the ground unit.This will have a lot of time in mission editing.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could we have the ability to link the start or end of one task to another?

Example: AI plane has two waypoints. WP1 has a Search Then Engage Task. WP2 has an orbit task. Both tasks are set for 10 minutes. If The STE at WP1 is triggered before the plane gets to WP2, then it's possible that it spends 10 minutes engaging targets and then 10 minutes orbiting when the intention is that it only spends 10 minutes total following the waypoints.

The problem can be avoided by putting the STE and orbit on the same WP, but this is not always desirable. If instead the end condition for the orbit could be linked to the end of the STE, then the AI would skip the orbit if it already spent 10 minutes engaging targets.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

11 hours ago, slowmover said:

Be able to 3D view object and terrain on editor, so you do not need to run the mission to see if you have putted correct the ground unit.This will have a lot of time in mission editing.

X2...It can be so frustrating having to start a mission multiple times, just to get something positioned correctly.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RichCotte said:

X2...It can be so frustrating having to start a mission multiple times, just to get something positioned correctly.

This is a feature SO BADLY NEEDED !! 

• Like 2

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

On 1/9/2024 at 4:00 PM, slowmover said:

I´m absolutely seconding this. It really can be a pain in the ass to jump in the Mission quite a lot just to build a good ground structure

• Like 4

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

A triggered task which would allow an object to turn to a specific heading/altitude/speed unlimited or for a certain time.

It would be good for carriers as a command to align them to the wind.

53 minutes ago, Caveman655 said:

The ability to set a ROE coalition wide instead of by individual units.

X2 on this.  It would be much easier to set the entire coalition, then adjust on a by-unit basis if needed.

• Like 2

Im yet to be able to measure distance with ruler in editor. is that just me?

abilty to grab all units in an area and send them to a location would be cool.

Edited by BoomBoom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, buceador said:

I'm guessing this kind of overhaul of ME is on the back burner due to the imminent release of DCS Web Editor?

This is not ED project.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria