Mission Editor Top User Requested Features

NineLine

1 hour ago, draconus said:

This is not ED project.

I am aware of that but it would seem to address many of the (many) shortcomings of ME and the last time I looked ED seemed quite happy with its direction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buceador said:

I am aware of that but it would seem to address many of the (many) shortcomings of ME and the last time I looked ED seemed quite happy with its direction.

My guess here is the ME is the oldest code in DCS.  Likely created first as a tool to test the sim by setting up missions.  If so, it's likely a spaghetti bowl of brittle code that no one wants to touch.  There's a reason we don't have the most basic QOL features ... It's not that ED doesn't want them; the time, effort and risk to deliver them far outweigh the their value when compared to other revenue generating tasks.  

Therefore they are quite happy someone is tackling the ME as a mod.  I know I certainly am.

• Like 4

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

6 hours ago, Raviar said:

Ability to add more than 1 Unit into "Static Objects"
It is extremly frustraing to create hundered of units and move it 1 by 1 or link it 1 by 1

you can copy/paste in the mission editor as well. Key commands are the same as in Windows: Ctrl C for copy, Ctrl V for pasting. It will paste everywhere your mouse pointer is located, and it copies all the aspects of the unit you just laid down - heading, type, aspects...havent tried this in a while either, but fairly certain you can copy more than one unit too with click and highlight. Doesnt just work for static objects either, does everything.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

16 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

you can copy/paste in the mission editor as well. Key commands are the same as in Windows: Ctrl C for copy, Ctrl V for pasting. It will paste everywhere your mouse pointer is located, and it copies all the aspects of the unit you just laid down - heading, type, aspects...havent tried this in a while either, but fairly certain you can copy more than one unit too with click and highlight. Doesnt just work for static objects either, does everything.

I am aware of it, once you put HESCO (lets say 100) and other objects, you may want to move it, selecting object with CTRL would not work perfectly, if you have any mistake during the click (which I have it alot in 4K resolution with small objects) the objects can be deselected! it would be nice to have simple select all by mouse drag like many others GUI applications, however this is not about selecting, but moving the entire group, you can move the entire group by moving the 1 unit in the group in ME. hecne if you have 100 objects in a single group, you can move the entire group by just moving the 1st unit however the Static objects doesnt accept more than 1 unit in group or actyually there is not any group.

I am aware of the functionality, thats the selecting and copy/pasting from/within diffrent or same terrain. BUT, For instance when you place HESCO barriers (let's say 100) and other objects, you might want to move them. However, selecting objects with CTRL does not work perfectly. If there's any mistake during the click(which happens to me often, especially in 4K resolution with small objects) the objects can become deselected. It would be nice to have a simple 'select all' feature by mouse dragging, like in many other GUI applications.

However, the issue isn't just about selecting; it's about moving the entire group. In the ME, you can move the entire group by moving one unit within that group if you move the 1st object in the group. Hence, if you have 100 objects in a single group, you can move the entire group by just moving the first unit. However, static objects do not support grouping more than one unit, or actually, there isn't any group feature for them.

and If you didnt already comperhand my point and if you want example, please try to move this:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332419/
New_3.png

Edited by Raviar
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

CTRL+Z

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

10 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

CTRL+Z

Some more info how this should work ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet