Question: center or right have side stick

BlacleyCole

Ok who all fly the viper with a side stick like the real thing or do you fly it with a center stick like most fighters? I’m not sure how to do a poll here.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I use center stick, because thats my mounted setup. At some point, I will get the pressure base and put my warthog stick on that and mount it to the side. Then use the hornet stick in the center mount.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Side stick. Actually a FSSB R3 Lighting with the 12 degree axis offset just like the real thing. Feels great! I use a centre stick for most other aircraft.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I use a stock TM Warthog side stick for the F-16C and A-10C and a Hornet grip on a VPC T-50 base with an extension and a desk mount, for everything else.

If I had to choose one, I'd keep the one in the middle, for the added precision.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

If you fly only viper, then side stick. If you fly others too, center.

I had couple years a side mounted stick, and returned after all that time to center, and really prefer the center stick.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

had to make another investment on the controls when the 16 came out.

now with side stick of course! :joystick:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I have tried to do side stick, but for some reason it is too awkward to me. So, I have finally settled on keeping it centered out of convenience and comfort.

Lol. I'm the opposite. Cant fly center because it's not comfortable at all for me.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Side stick for all of my birds... Much better access to the keyboard and desktop for me. Been flying that way in sims for years, so rather used to it by now... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Lol. I'm the opposite. Cant fly center because it's not comfortable at all for me.

Interesting lol. I don't know could be just muscle memory for me using center stick. But, I haven't had any luck getting used to the side stick. I might give it another try though, couldn't hurt lol.

160th Virtual Fighter Squadron "Dixie Vipers"

Alabama Virtual Air National Guard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same as Javelina1 - have always used side stick, have the stick turned a little on the desk mount to offset it not being in the center. Makes for better access to the keyboard and MFD's in my setup.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Side stick all the time, easier access to the keyboard, MFD's and mouse. It's pretty natural feeling now.

Maybe one day if I build a pit I can do both...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

picked up the rssb v3 lighting just before the viper released. Best thing ever!

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

Side stick with the FSSB Lighting base for the Viper- awesome!.

VKB ctr stick for everything else.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok who all fly the viper with a side stick like the real thing or do you fly it with a center stick like most fighters? I’m not sure how to do a poll here.

I have both. I have a center Stick Warthog Base with Hornet Stick and a Side-mount Warthog Base with a Cougar Stick. ( I scored a "Broken Warthog on ebay for a song. 1 wire in base cold solder joint.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.