Hornet Roadmap Discussion

Wags

Thanks for the update Matt -

I appreciate you sharing the roadmap and goals for the F/A-18C.

I understand that the type of software development that Eagle Dynamics is engaged in is incredibly complex and time consuming. Things change constantly in this environment, so delays and projects taking longer than anticipated are to be expected.

Since you are asking, I would prefer to see all of the flight model issues resolved, the aircraft setup feature, and the mission card completed as first priorities.

Thank you.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest:

Where would we be without ED? There would be no other Sim like this!

Do I like the delays and sometimes broken things? No, surely not.

But do I still have a lot of fun when I'm flying with my mates with the Hornet? Hell yeah!

So again thank you ED for all your effort. 2020 will be a pretty f**** up year for a lot of us and many things won't work out as planned. But no matter what, I can still escape reality for a couple of hours playing your awesome sim. Thanks for that. I will remain a backer of you guys, no matter what. You brought my hobby to the next level.

:thumbup:

• ED Team

BonzoDCS

Thanks for the feedback but this discussion is for the Hornet Roadmap.

Please stay on topic.

Wags will be replying to questions soon.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BonzoDCS

Please stay on topic.

thank you

Sorry to say that but his Post is totaly on topic because how can we discuss a Roadmap without discuss the credibility of the old "promisses"

How can we be confident that after the Hornet is out of early access the "improvements" are made and Not been Set forever as might be imptovements?

Im not really sure if I can suggest a new player to buy a Modul after all this.

BonzoDCS

Please stay on topic.

thank you

How was posting Wags list of hornet features not on topic for the hornet roadmap?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Personally agree. As much as we would all like the Hornet to leave EA, it can’t until all features originally sold are delivered. Given we are where we are, if the Hornet ‘leaves EA’ with 27+features still to be delivered, given EDs previous track record to date we frankly don’t have any surety that they will be delivered in good time/at all.

In addition / if it is not publically sold as EA/incomplete - I believe you will be misleading new customers to a material degree, so whatever you choose to do you must make it clear (even after2020) that the Hornet is not complete, what the roadmap is, and commit to deliver feature complete with a certain timeframe - and this last point this time round we need more than words on this because over the past year EDs word has clearly not been good for it. What that could be though I do not know.

• ED Team

Yeah fair point.

Apologies, I see what he is saying.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I get it, I been exaggerating a bit. Won't quit on this for sure but everything else I said was about the roadmap. My point is the features promised to be added during EA should be added before it is called completed, out or whatever.

I cut have cut the last part but I didn't. Sorry for that.

No worries, I miss understood your reply is all.

Wags will be replying to questions soon, hopefully that will answer most of the pressing questions

thanks

• ED Team
Thing is there ain't many questions. It's more like a lot of folks disagree with that out-of-EA thingy. If ED won't reconsider, there's not many answers to make that go away.

True, Early Access is here to stay, as mentioned by Mr Grey, it is very important for us in terms of development, testing and feedback from our users.

Thank you

Unless the true goal is to to offer "Hornet 2.0" down the line so similar to A-10C 2 and Blackshark 3 in order that they can monetize us further in order to collect the resources necessary to finally finish the Hornet.

Ding ding.

I believe we'll start seeing more of these updates becoming DLC.

Granted, what is being added to the A-10C are a new and proper HMD that wasnt fielded yet when the original DCS C-model was released. But the Ka-50, I dont agree how its being handled. Long standing bugs fixed only as a DLC.

Thing is there ain't many questions. It's more like a lot of folks disagree with that out-of-EA thingy. If ED won't reconsider, there's not many answers to make that go away.

No, because most of you were whining about semantics, in stead of actually discussing this roadmap and the order of features to come.

True, Early Access is here to stay, as mentioned by Mr Grey, it is very important for us in terms of development, testing and feedback from our users.

Thank you

Knowing quite a bit about project management myself I'd say if EA products are the only or major form of revenue for ED then they'll be in a lot of trouble in the long run. As a business you should also clearly define (somewhere on the product page or in the purhase contract/terms of service) what your internal "Early Access" really means and what a product "out of Early Access" is supposed to look like and/or include. In the recent past, all these "live service" or "early access" games have mostly failed and disapointed people. Good reputation goes a long way and once trust is lost it is very difficult to restore. Just some food for thought.

Edited by Airhunter

Who cares about if its called early access when and how, thanks for the great communication Wags and a tentative schedule. I would add to what others have said, get the bird basic systems done and finished before adding space ship weapons you cant fully use due to system not fully in place.

Some of you are poll vaulting over mouse turds, go get some air :thumbup:

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Thank you

I think you may have misunderstood...

EA as a concept as used by ED we are told as infinitum will stay as it is important to the continued delivery. What it means needs updating and locking down so all are clear, but that is not the point.

The point is that taking the Hornet ‘out of EA’ while still having significant feature gaps that were originally sold as coming in the EA period is what many of us have a huge problem within it is a retrospective ‘changing of the deal’ which cuts straight to the trust that is absolutely required for EA to be a tool ED can use

Happy birthday to the hornet!

it's been exactly 4 months since this module (and all the others) hasn't had an update on stable. as the release of the OB is not yet planned, I think we are going a long time before having new feature.

See you on May 24? (I think the wags roadmap is no longer up to date)

Happy birthday to the hornet!

it's been exactly 4 months since this module (and all the others) hasn't had an update on stable. as the release of the OB is not yet planned, I think we are going a long time before having new feature.

See you on May 24? (I think the wags roadmap is no longer up to date)

Umm, to be fair it’s a Friday, not a Wednesday and there’s a possible OB update next week......

So hopefully its feature complete in 2021.

As long as it gets finished with all the features it's supposed to have to provide the most accurate simulation possible I'm happy.

There's a delay, no problem, everyone's working from home and we are in the middle of a global pandemic.

Fighting with the community over what is considered EA/Beta/complete is fruitless. Even talking about it seems to be toxic.

I'm sure once the updates and fixes start rolling out everyone will relax a bit.

Just get it done and when it's done its done. Just like everything else.

I just finished working on a project worth millions if dollars that has been delayed 2 years past it's original completion date. Everyone is calm and dealing with it just fine. It's about getting through it with a cool head. Set backs happen.

Everyone that is bunging up the thread with complaints and micro BS needs to chill out and realise what we are talking about here.

It's a game, sim or whatever you want to call it. Yeah it isn't cheap but when you buy the product you check the little box that says no refunds and all is subject to change. That includes features and timelines. Let's just let these people do their work and get this thing rollin!

And once again let's get the systems, (hotas as well please), AG radar, flight model fixes, data card and ATFLIR bumped up to the top. :)

Peace!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

So hopefully its feature complete in 2021.

it's safer to talk about 2022 now, considering the number of features to do (almost two per month in 2021, and ED is not keeping up this pace now when it is their priority )

Edited by hanab

If the terminology is not important at all, then why is it so important to change it from"early access" to something else? Like Bonzo I always was very positive about the EA program, but I am quite concerned about the latest decisions.

I really hope that this will be reconsidered by the team.

Doesn`t matter. ED just don`t have the manpower for this project to finish on time whatever the projection looks like.

It`s just matter of time some of us moving to other sim title.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

• ED Team
Totally agrre, but to set this straight : Got no problem with the EA model itself. I own a few EA modules and you don't see me on the Viper forum crying that it is delayed. Because I understand that EA takes a lot of time. I have even been happy to contribute to the developement by providing funds, feedback and bug reports.

I'm sure that you understand my only concern is that out-of-EA label on modules that are still lacking promised features.

Hi

While we posted a message on the forums of the features we planned, it was also marked clearly as very much subject to change. We do not recall this ever posted as promised features on the store page.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

If we are mistaken and if the list was posted to the store page, it was certainly not tied to early access completion, but rather a list of features planned for the product. That is largely unchanged.

Thank you

It seems this is for financial reasons. Hornet is most likely one of their top selling modules. Without the EA label they could create 25% more revenue from F/A-18 sales. (Theoretically, since the lower your price tag the higher your sales rates, but that's another problem)
Sure it might seem so. On the other hand I would like to know how many of the Modules are bought with a discount during a sale event (which takes place every 2-3 months).

I would prefer stopping sales at all if there is a need to generate more revenue. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think many guys out there who really want a module are just waiting for sales and won't buy full price modules anyway.

If they knew that the price will always be the same, they probably also would buy it but at a higher price.

Just my thoughts...

It`s just matter of time some of us moving to other sim title.

LOL

WHAT sim title??

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]