Hornet Roadmap Discussion

Wags

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know what to think.

Now you are doing a survey.

Meaning what, that the features with most votes are going to be prioritized?

That doesnt sound very good, its supposed to be done by the develop team. Not dictated by popularity but from what you are working and can achive with your team. You should know better than us about that

Sorry to say but doesnt sound very professional if you do that

I had no problem accessing it by clicking the link .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• ED Team

That doesnt sound very good, its supposed to be done by the develop team. Not dictated by popularity but from what you are working and can achive with your team. You should know better than us about that

We value our client feedback and we want it to be an important factor in moving forward, but not the only factor.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The only order I'd like to see is an effective one according to development process, other than that, as long as you don't follow the survey and produce a training bomb first, but do follow the survey and fix the touch and go, IGE etc, especially on the carrier, I'm good with anything :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

We value our client feedback and we want it to be an important factor in moving forward, but not the only factor.

thank you

While having feedback is great, you guys must know wich is the best way to optimize development. So you can get the Hornet out of EA and beyond, in the best and fastest way.

And we can show more interest, for example, in having the AG radar instead of the ATFLIR. But at the end that could not be the best or fastest way to get both.

I hope you see my point and why i expressed those concerns

Regards

• ED Team
While having feedback is great, you guys must know wich is the best way to optimize development. So you can get the Hornet out of EA and beyond, in the best and fastest way.

And we can show more interest, for example, in having the AG radar instead of the ATFLIR. But at the end that could not be the best or fastest way to get both.

I hope you see my point and why i expressed those concerns

Regards

As mentioned we value our client feedback and we want it to be an important factor in moving forward, but not the only factor.

Thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As mentioned we value our client feedback and we want it to be an important factor in moving forward, but not the only factor.

Thank you

We understood.... is it just to please the players then? and calm drama?

No I think we understand, we just don’t care. :)

And that is a problem. But if you are ok with this as a consumer, then don't be surprised when you buy something from them in the future based on their advertisement and not have it delivered. We have seen how bugs for 5+ years have yet to be resolved, the "sustainment" would effectively be indefinite as they shift their focus to the Viper, Hind, *new mindblowing aircraft yet to be announced*, super carrier, WW2 aircraft, etc.

Edited by Thump
qualified "not delivered" because of the expected "things change" response

Thank you

Answer with same phrase but using bold at the end?

I dont know if you are make fun of me...

But i understand you dont see my point. So i will leave it there

Very dissappointing

Good day

I figure the 'normal' stuff will get worked on when people are ready to tear their hair out because the 'difficult' and 'complex' stuff simply isn't working the way it's supposed to work, and who wrote this crappy API anyway? :)

My favorite 'difficult' is the JHMCS symbology, simply because I can work around most of the rest (yes, I can work around JHMCS, too). SLAM would be fun, but there are other options for blowing things up.

Honestly, the item that would add the most is the most difficult to do (not surprisingly), and that's ground radar. On the other hand if you crack that nut for the F-18 you've advanced more than one module. Most of the rest looks (mostly) platform specific.

As much as I'd like to see a bunch of those items it seems, to my ignorant view, ground radar does the most for DCS as a whole.

I, for one, truly appreciate being included. The devs want to know what I think about this mod and what's important to me. What's wrong with that? I sincerely doubt that prioritization will depend solely upon popularity. I think it very likely that there are a large number factors that get considered. Our collective wishes are merely one of them. So, I'll just say thanks for asking for my thoughts and wait for the next round of improvements. If you hadn't noticed, they come pretty regularly.

• ED Team
An important factor because you should not lose sight of the damage to the Harpoon on the ships. This is still too low and is no longer fun. You can also see in the MP that this weapon is no longer used.

Hi

We are aware of the issue, but it is not the Harpoon at fault here, it is the ships damage model. Unit damage is something we will address in the future.

Thank you

Takes some moxy to lay it out the way it is. At least we know.

On the plus side, P3D just released V5 so Im back to VATSIM for now.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I've been learning the Litening by blowing the crap out of ships at Batumi with Mav-f's . Guess i'll have to try the Harpoon & compare .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• ED Team
Answer with same phrase but using bold at the end?

I dont know if you are make fun of me...

But i understand you dont see my point. So i will leave it there

Very dissappointing

Good day

Sorry if it came across wrong, I just wanted to make it clear it was not the only factor in decision making about the future development.

Have a good day

thanks

Renko, its a commercial product not a real military aircraft :)

Therefore it make a lot of sense to prioritize what the majority of the costumers want to see. In the end of the day, if I think that aim-9p is not important but everyone think it does - it make sense for a commercial company to satisfy the need of the majority.

I don't really care what order features are implemented. I will experiment, enjoy, and use new features as they become available, in whatever order that happens.

I don't think that was the point of most of the posters in the last 24 pages of replies. Most of the disagreement seems to be around declaring to the general public that the aircraft is "out of early access = released" when there are still major weapons, features, and equipment to be included.

If the announcement was "hey we're pushing development into 2021+" we'd probably only be sitting at 15 pages of replies LOL!

Going through the survey I would like to voice my opinion here as best I can.

I believe the main priority should be fleshing out the Hornet flight model and flight systems first. Everything revolves around actually piloting the jet to perform any task. This should be no less than the absolute priority in my mind.

The second priority should be small features that seem in theory simple to execute, these include quality of life upgrades to add HOTAS functions, mission card, increasing the number of countermeasures, etc. These should be quick to complete functionality for

The third priority should be completing the weapons and systems that already present within the Hornet module. Such as completing the HARM and its Pre-Briefed system.

Fourth priority should be implementing new weapons, I believe the user base certainly wants to see all of the promised weapons on the Hornet, but I cannot say that I am personally eager to have the SLAM-ER, we have many weapons that can accomplish a very similar mission, I'd rather see those completed as much as possible.

Final priority should be completing the, in my eyes, numerous small details such as introducing the TALD decoy, gun sparks at night, BIT Tests, etc.

To summarize, finish what we have first, add additional items second. Complete the simple items first, delay the more difficult tasks for later.

In closing, thank you to ED and the Hornet developers for all of their hard work over the many years, as a user I can say that I am extremely pleased with the product that has been offered and I am excited to see what will come in the next few years of development. I cannot begin to understand how complex some of the systems that are retained within the module are, and I am more than happy to be patient in waiting for features to be introduced.

We as a community are very vocal and will speak our mind, whether that is positive feedback or not, we do this because we are just as passionate as you are. We all grew up wanting to be Maverick, very very few of us have ever been able to make that a reality, Eagle Dynamics and its Third Parties have given us the chance to make that dream possible in a lot of ways.

The only thing that I ask is that you remain open and realistic with your communication and announcements.

Rome was not built in a day.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals