Very poorly visible HUD and HMD.

Padonis

After the last update, HUD and HMD are very poorly visible. Similarly with DDI, they are very dark. Similarly with HUD in A-10C. This is very little visible. Virtually nothing can be seen on a lighter background.

+1

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

This applies to the whole game, everything is much brighter, you should go down in GAMMA. Unfortunately, the cockpit becomes very dark, HUD, HMD and DDI are created very dark and barely visible. Applies to all aircraft. The new patch has a lot of interesting patches and news, for which I thank you very much. However, the lighting has become tragic.

Here, too, and also with the F-16.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

+1 Hud is very weak in the bright day on Persian Gulf

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Yep, the lighting is off in this new patch. Everything is too bright and turning down gamma just makes cockpits too dark.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Surprised this has gotten worse rather than better. The new lighting is a total mess during daylight, what it really is is just a HDR filter.

I like how the other sim does it. A visor you can toggle during the day that cuts down on hdr and increasing hud and jhmcs readability.

+1 at first I thought the sun was behind me causing the glare but it didn't make a difference which direction I flew.

Gamma 1.6, Cockpit Illumination=OFF

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Time for a hotfix! lol It seems like external and point light sources are better, The Position Lights, Caution/warning are all better then they were. But whatever was done globally needs to be tweaked so sunlight doesn't washout everything. Its not just the HUD and HMD its lighting in general.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

+1

I play in rift. I really like how the crosshair moves now when you move your head. I play rift and this makes it way easier to get a track when you have to swing your head one for one in game but the brightness on the hmd and hud are absolutely horrible now. I can barely see anything. the hud and hmd are way washed out now.

Yeah I flew the F-16 over the new Channel map and couldn't see my HUD well at all, the map is great though.

Same on Caucasus map on F-16: can barely see HUD and tanker lights

Screen_200603_232245.thumb.png.f9e69ff8a7d52c1074507970ed6c7dbc.png

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker