DCS 2.7 shader edits

So basically the Drawing Distance is enforced to Extreme despite the settings?

Draw distance is dictated by the distancFactor parameter yes, 1.5 is the default for Extreme so I use 3.0 which is twice the 'bubble' size.

P.S - mod package updated to 1.06 in first post.

Draw distance is dictated by the distancFactor parameter yes, 1.5 is the default for Extreme so I use 3.0 which is twice the 'bubble' size.

cool, downloading! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi Mustang,

Why did you merge your Flat Shadows Removal mod into this one, if I may ask ?

In my humble opinion, these mods have two very different goals : Adjusted Shaders makes things more beautiful, and Flat Shadows Removal enhances performance by reducing the graphic quality.

So, I use the first one in my daily DCS missions (2D) and the latter only in VR.

Now I won't be able to choose, will I ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Hi Mustang,

In my humble opinion, these mods have two very different goals : Adjusted Shaders makes things more beautiful, and Flat Shadows Removal enhances performance by reducing the graphic quality.

So, I use the first one in my daily DCS missions (2D) and the latter only in VR.

I like flat shadows too. Looks much better at dawn or dusk.

You can just delete Bazar/shaders/metashaders folder from this mod after downloading and unzipping.

Hi Mustang,

you could always use his previous release?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi Mustang,

You could though, just package them into two mod packages yourself and use a mod manager to switch when needed?

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think as well these two mods are better separated as they serve different purposes. Or it could be zipped into one archive file but with two folders indicating which one is the shader and which one the shadow mod. I like the shader mod, but the shadow mod makes almost no improvement on my system so I prefer to keep the flat shadows.

I think as well these two mods are better separated as they serve different purposes. Or it could be zipped into one archive file but with two folders indicating which one is the shader and which one the shadow mod. I like the shader mod, but the shadow mod makes almost no improvement on my system so I prefer to keep the flat shadows.

You can manually remove the flatshadow.hlsl from the archive yourself using Winrar or 7zip, it takes just a matter of seconds, I will be keeping this portion of the mod in the pack for the time being.

Due this is there any fps hit? What if having default 1.5 parameter? what is file with the modification?

You can manually remove the flatshadow.hlsl from the archive yourself using Winrar or 7zip, it takes just a matter of seconds, I will be keeping this portion of the mod in the pack for the time being.

Remove the flatshadow.hlsl file or metashaders folder, what is it correct ?

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Due this is there any fps hit? What if having default 1.5 parameter? what is file with the modification?

Naturally there is an FPS hit but the enhancement to visuals is well worth it so long as your PC can cope with it

GEmmWoa.jpg

as you can see the graphics.lua is edited directly here and 3.0 is used for Extreme.

You *will* need to raise the memory buffer size for the render instancer so you don't get any visual pop-in, you can obtain this via this edited terrainoptions41.lua (place into DCS World OpenBeta\Config\terrain folder)

Naturally there is an FPS hit but the enhancement to visuals is well worth it so long as your PC can cope with it

GEmmWoa.jpg

as you can see the graphics.lua is edited directly here and 3.0 is used for Extreme.

You *will* need to raise the memory buffer size for the render instancer so you don't get any visual pop-in, you can obtain this via this edited terrainoptions41.lua (place into DCS World OpenBeta\Config\terrain folder)

Been using this MOD for a while and really like it, can't say I've noticed any FPS drop personally, but the above info is interesting. Given that the MOD archive only contains the Bazar folder (and I'm using OVGME to activate/deactivate) should I also be manually editing the graphics.lua file (as above - I am using extreme currently) and replacing the attached terrainoptions41.lua file upon every DCS update?

Thanks,

Ross.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

GEmmWoa.jpg

Many thanks, one more question, that parameter also modify the distance of objects like building etc... or only the distance of terrain mesh?

Many thanks, one more question, that parameter also modify the distance of objects like building etc... or only the distance of terrain mesh?

All scenery objects, trees etc will be affected try it and see - just be mindful that it affects FPS so be sure not to push this parameter too far.

I play in VR with Index SS supersampling of 202%, so maybe I will wait to 3090 to test it, with that settings I´m sure I couldn´t maintain minimum of 45 fps in VR. Thanks.

Yeah I wouldn't recommended this for VR at all with the current tech, in 2D however it works very well provided you have good hardware.

Yeah I wouldn't recommended this for VR at all with the current tech, in 2D however it works very well provided you have good hardware.

so basically to get this work we need : shaders + terrainoptions41.lua + editing of distance drawview extreme at 3.0 ?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

SHIMMERING Tips?

Anyone,

Are there any settings or shaders that reduce the shimmering I believe is coming from objects corrected with Anti-aliasing?

It is worse on runway lines, fences and detailed buildings.

I am currently using your adjusted shaders and latest ReShade with SMAA because I wanted to get away from DCS MSAA x2 and improve my FPS and overall look of DCS.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]