DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

7 hours ago, Sneethe said:

It's a bit strange to me that some people think of the MiG29A as a modern stand-in for red, it really isn't it's more so another cold war aircraft (which is cool 80s cold war is awesome)

SU-30MKK may still be on the table for Dekka. It would be the saving grace for modern REDFOR and give it a strike eagle equivalent. Together with the JF-17 (technically nonaligned) I think modern pvp could still work. 

The alternative is always being a bit creative and having EU vs US PVP. Eurofighter, Tornado & Mirage should do well against the current US lineup.

Well, it was the best ED could do at the time of that project starting. I'm not complaining, since the 80s and 90s are my jam

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

6 hours ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

Well, it was the best ED could do at the time of that project starting. I'm not complaining, since the 80s and 90s are my jam

I do wonder if a third party could model a NATO Mig29, say the German or maybe Polish ones. But at the same time the fact that these countries have all the info on the plane doesn't mean it's declassified in Russia and I get why they might want to be careful. 

I personally would love to see a Yak-38 someday, should be completely doable and would be awesome, even if its basically a VTOL L39

5 minutes ago, Sneethe said:

I do wonder if a third party could model a NATO Mig29, say the German or maybe Polish ones. But at the same time the fact that these countries have all the info on the plane doesn't mean it's declassified in Russia and I get why they might want to be careful. 

I personally would love to see a Yak-38 someday, should be completely doable and would be awesome, even if its basically a VTOL L39

Take acount the Mig-29 / Su-27 / Su-25 can be "blocked" as ED module, and no available to 3rd parties.

2 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Take acount the Mig-29 / Su-27 / Su-25 can be "blocked" as ED module, and no available to 3rd parties.

I guess you're right, I suppose that internally ED has called dibs on a lot of popular stuff, maps especially. That's the reason why we don't have Iraq or Afghanistan for example, they'd sell the best and ED wouldn't want a new third party doing a poor job at it, it's likely the same with certain aircraft. Just speculation of course but it seems logical.

It did surprise me that they let razbam do the Mig-23 though, I recall a while back some ED dev stating that it's something they want to do themselves, so I guess there's still a chance that we see someone else do an early MiG29 or SU25

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sneethe said:

It did surprise me that they let razbam do the Mig-23 though, I recall a while back some ED dev stating that it's something they want to do themselves, so I guess there's still a chance that we see someone else do an early MiG29 or SU25

Remember RAZBAM has making a "Cuban Mig-23MLA", no a Russian versions as a MLD/S. by FC-3, Su-25/Su-25T/Su-27S/Su-33/Mig-29A/S/G can be blocked.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

13 hours ago, Sneethe said:

In theory yes. And IMO ED is gonna pull like BST kinda deal to do the 29 if they end up doing it and its likely gonna be an export 29. Which sorta sucks because some sensor stuff will be degraded if they model it right. But oh well.

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

7 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

In theory yes. And IMO ED is gonna pull like BST kinda deal to do the 29 if they end up doing it and its likely gonna be an export 29. Which sorta sucks because some sensor stuff will be degraded if they model it right. But oh well.

I posted a very detailed translated technical lecture on the N019 a few pages back. I don’t think it’s likely we’ll get a worse radar then that. There is only a single mode different between the Soviet and Warsaw pact N019 and it wasn’t used much in service. 

Т12 RLPK ENG.pdf

On 1/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, F-2 said:

I posted a very detailed translated technical lecture on the N019 a few pages back. I don’t think it’s likely we’ll get a worse radar then that. There is only a single mode different between the Soviet and Warsaw pact N019 and it wasn’t used much in service. 

Т12 RLPK ENG.pdf 926.71 kB · 4 downloads

Do not get me wrong, but this appears to be at least 3rd hand in information passing from original documentation toward these translated slides, which kind of look google translated if I am correct.

On 14/1/2023 at 3:22, Harlikwin said:

The old BST studio has from part of ED from some many years ago, and has building the last ED modules.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

25 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Do not get me wrong, but this appears to be at least 3rd hand in information passing from original documentation toward these translated slides, which kind of look google translated if I am correct.

Yea, I have the original though in Ukrainian which I’m sure ED has staff that can read it.

https://studfile.net/preview/5383872/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

As mentioned before, the Mig-29 is something we would like to do, but we have no news to share currently. 

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY I am interested in purchasing the Mig-29 as a full-fidelity jet.  Investing time, effort, and resources are very likely to result in virtual pilots buying it.    When  I read the comment that ED wants to do it, I am left with questions.  I do not understand why we see the Mig-29 video on Tik Tok along with ED's website.  I do understand why ED shows a video clip of the Mig-29 but confused as to why ED does not move forward with the decision to make it.  

Mike Force Team

• ED Team
Just now, Mike Force Team said:

@BIGNEWY I am interested in purchasing the Mig-29 as a full-fidelity jet.  Investing time, effort, and resources are very likely to result in virtual pilots buying it.    When  I read the comment that ED wants to do it, I am left with questions.  I do not understand why we see the Mig-29 video on Tik Tok along with ED's website.  I do understand why ED shows a video clip of the Mig-29 but confused as to why ED does not move forward with the decision to make it.  

Mike Force Team

We also have a Mig-29 in flaming cliffs, there is no mystery here. 
As I have already mentioned, the Mig-29 is something we would like to do in the future, but we have no news to share currently. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Mike Force Team:

Mike Force Team

They may have already made the decision. It is quite possible that the module is already in development and has simply not been officially announced yet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Germane said:

They may have already made the decision. It is quite possible that the module is already in development and has simply not been officially announced yet

Quite possibly, just like the possible C-124 Globemaster II module.

C-124C_Globemaster_II.jpg

Edited by exhausted

It's more likely that they're trying to gather enough data to even start working on it. Remember, a lot of work needs to be done before the first line of code is even written. A cautious approach is very much warranted, because any work on an aircraft that does not have enough data legally available to model it is work wasted. 

• Like 1

Some knew, NineLine.

We will get it.

I feel it in my fingers ... Fulcrum is all around me... 

In the meantime, enjoy this nice impression of Fulcrums supporting special ops (with it's cannon, rockets and iron) that I found on the net: 

FulcrumsSpecOps.jpg

• Like 5

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta