[CORRECT AS IS] Badly designed system integration.

=4c=Nikola

The fact I need to undesignate target to be able to slew AGM-65 is just stupid. It resets all sensors for no reason other than to prevent you confirming target destruction. A-10C has much more streamlined workflow, and additionally it automatically creates markpoint so you can easily snap back to it even if you lose TGP sight.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

I didn't think you could slew the TGP when the AGM-65 is selected

You absolutely can. MAV takes priority for FOV change on Hotas, though.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

you can slew the TGP - you just need to "sensor select" the side of the cockpit you have TGP on and/or Mav (back and forth).

It does work, you don't need to totally undesignate, and I agree with you and look forward to the markpoints - the A10c has a much better "workflow" when it comes to blowing stuff up

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

You absolutely can. MAV takes priority for FOV change on Hotas, though.

Prior to latest OB, it depended on which DDI the SOI was located. Either the MAV or TPOD/FLIR. The "RAID/FLIR FOV select button" affected that SOI selected display. Now it only affects the MAV, no matter the SOI. I do not think this is correct.

Why would the NATOPS call the button on the throttle as mentioned in quotes above? Now I have to take my hands off of HOTAS and and manually press an OSB to change the FLIR FOV? Makes no sense and I believe it is now in error?

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

Prior to latest OB, it depended on which DDI the SOI was located. Either the MAV or TPOD/FLIR. The "RAID/FLIR FOV select button" affected that SOI selected display. Now it only affects the MAV, no matter the SOI. I do not think this is correct.

Why would the NATOPS call the button on the throttle as mentioned in quotes above? Now I have to take my hands off of HOTAS and and manually press an OSB to change the FLIR FOV? Makes no sense and I believe it is now in error?

---

The FOV switch only affecting MAV when MAV is on a DDI change was made a bunch of OB updates ago (not in the last one). It's been confirmed multiple times since then that it is correct behaviour.

I rarely have any trouble with this, usually the Mav's gate closes by itself without a problem shortly after it is within range. You can uncage the Mav seeker, switch TDC back to the FLIR, and then slew both around together using the FLIR. Once the TD passes close enough to an object, the Mav will automatically lock on and track. Honestly, I prefer this control system over the A-10, it's simpler and fewer buttons presses. It's super easy to get 4 Mavs off in a single pass very quickly using the FLIR in the Hornet. When using the Mav slaved to the FLIR, it is actually advantageous to be able to toggle the Mav FOV without needing to switch my TDC away from the FLIR page.

It's definitely worked this way for longer than just the last OB. It works that way on current Stable, and I'm pretty sure it did on Stable before that as well. Mavs only take control of the FOV button when they're selected as the active weapon, so most of the time the button works on the FLIR pod as advertised, even when you have a Mav onboard.

I also find poking buttons on the MFDs to be pretty simple and easy. I have Cougar MFDs to make it easier for me playing DCS, but it stands to reason if it's pretty easy for me to poke a button on my MFDs it's probably easier for a pilot to do it in the real jet.

There are dozens of things you guys see in the DCS Hornet that are not the way the real thing works. Some are due to incomplete systems modeling and will make much more sense later in early access (like tons of HOTAS commands), some others are due to ED's misinterpretation of documents that were later corrected after a user pointed it out (JDAM logic, TGP features, etc). I strongly suspect that the whole sensors + TGT logic is wrong and that ED needs to re read the available docs. There is no way any airforce would pay more than 10 dollars to have the systems logic that the DCS Hornet has, no one would have approved that.

Stay safe

The HOTAS functions aren't all currently implemented. There are many great commands available and ED is waiting to have all the pages and modes done before they implement (Like AZ/EL page, which many HOTAS commands interact with). It's not as intuitive in my opinion as the A10, but the A10 is the newest of the modeled HOTAS implementations and the one I have the most experience with by far. I remember on Jello's podcast an interviewed A10 pilot said they took feedback from Viper and Hornet pilots to see what they liked and didn't like with their HOTAS and made modifications.

As for the MAVF FOV, it's a little clumsy, but Hornets rarely employ MAVF and the MAVE implementation is outstanding. It's so easy to engage with laser guided munitions in the Hornet.

The MAVF workflow, being able to initiate track without having to change SOI is pretty great. You can still use the digital zoom if needed on the FLIR page.

In my opinion, the Hornet and Harrier HOTAS make more assumptions of what you want to do with certain pages open, whereas the Viper/A10 went with a more universal workflow. I find the Hornet implementation is great for the most often used processes, with less bouncing SOI around to do what you need to get done.

I rarely have any trouble with this, usually the Mav's gate closes by itself without a problem shortly after it is within range. You can uncage the Mav seeker, switch TDC back to the FLIR, and then slew both around together using the FLIR. Once the TD passes close enough to an object, the Mav will automatically lock on and track. Honestly, I prefer this control system over the A-10, it's simpler and fewer buttons presses. It's super easy to get 4 Mavs off in a single pass very quickly using the FLIR in the Hornet. When using the Mav slaved to the FLIR, it is actually advantageous to be able to toggle the Mav FOV without needing to switch my TDC away from the FLIR page.

It's definitely worked this way for longer than just the last OB. It works that way on current Stable, and I'm pretty sure it did on Stable before that as well. Mavs only take control of the FOV button when they're selected as the active weapon, so most of the time the button works on the FLIR pod as advertised, even when you have a Mav onboard.

I also find poking buttons on the MFDs to be pretty simple and easy. I have Cougar MFDs to make it easier for me playing DCS, but it stands to reason if it's pretty easy for me to poke a button on my MFDs it's probably easier for a pilot to do it in the real jet.

That's pretty much what I do. Changing to narrow FOV when at max range helps with Mav seeker lock. When in close, he narrow view is not available.

One thing I noticed when uncaging the MAVF ahead of FLIR designation, you have to have master arm on in order to uncage the missile. Powering up by boxing the Mav on the stores page is not enough:noexpression:

I refuse to believe the US Navy and Boeing would put pilots into combat with the current implementation.

You must not have spent much time reading about the history of military aviation...

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

You must not have spent much time reading about the history of military aviation...

Sounds like he didnt spend time in any military, ever, tbh :D

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Wrong on both accounts.

Not sure why you guys feel the need to personally attack me, strange community this one, says more about you then me I guess.

There is definitely something wrong/missing with the current implementation on the targeting system.

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject