Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

I have a question for the Mirage experts. What are the differences between the Spanish F1CE and the Greek F1CG? As both are wired for the 4 Sidewinder armament, they look remarkably similar. Are there any differences in avionics or cockpit instrumentation/labeling?

The F1CE used as an F1CG substitute might make a really good fit on the Cyprus map.

45 minutes ago, MBot said:

I have a question for the Mirage experts. What are the differences between the Spanish F1CE and the Greek F1CG? As both are wired for the 4 Sidewinder armament, they look remarkably similar. Are there any differences in avionics or cockpit instrumentation/labeling?

The F1CE used as an F1CG substitute might make a really good fit on the Cyprus map.

This is an excellent (electronic) book where you can see the differences between various cockpit variants, including CE and CG. 

CE and CG have the same basic C cockpit layout but there are some differences.  Most obvious difference is the radar scope and the RWR / self protection system. Also the CG's cockpit is english labbeled, the autopilot control panel in the CG is moved down in front of the stick to free space for the RWR, the CG has also an aural altitude alert systhem (Σ.Π.Υ.) with the respective panel poistioned on the left side, and there are some other minor differences here and there. https://dogfight-editions.com/fr/hors-series/2-cocardes-digital-hors-serie-n01.html

Edited by jaguara5
  • Like 2

6 April 1987.   A Canadian F-18A Hornet aircraft leading a Belgian Air Force F-16A Fighting Falcon aircraft, a Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16A aircraft and a French Dassault Mirage F.1CR aircraft. These aircraft were part of a larger, 15-aircraft formation taking part in an aerial review for Allied Air Forces Central Europe.

CF-18_F-16s_and_Mirage_F1_in_flight_1987.jpg

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/15/2021 at 4:09 AM, hi41000 said:

the 80s charlie hornet likely would have nctr, infact the mirage 2000c originally got its nctr in the 80s

No, Mirage 2000C RDI did have NCTR upgrade in mid 90s.

I don’t know about the Hornet. It looks like F-15C got it during Desert Storm, but it doesn’t mean it was the same on Hornet...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

2 hours ago, dorianR666 said:

cant wait for this.

is there a good chance for release this summer?

We re awaiting news. my bet is that the next announcment will be either on the F1CE capabilities on DCS or announcing the pre-order/EA release of the Mirage F1

3 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

After the video in may it seemed like they were close to EA but I guess they got stuck on the avionics/hud which is fine.

The video also did not show weapon firing or radar.  I think they did a great job with what was shown there, but suspected after watching it that we still had a few months to go to finish those systems.  It's entirely possible they were partially complete even then, and I also imagine the better radar API in DCS now will help with development, but I'm not surprised to not have a lot of news yet.  I would be surprised to not hear more within a couple more months.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

The video also did not show weapon firing or radar.  I think they did a great job with what was shown there, but suspected after watching it that we still had a few months to go to finish those systems.  It's entirely possible they were partially complete even then, and I also imagine the better radar API in DCS now will help with development, but I'm not surprised to not have a lot of news yet.  I would be surprised to not hear more within a couple more months.

TBH, I think the FCR is gonna be one of the harder things for them to do "right". I've lately been impressed with the work Razbam has been putting into the RDI, so I'm hoping "good" radar modeling "radars with problems" becomes a new thing. But yes I'm sure "avionics coding" is taking a ton of time.

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For those saying that in order to simulate a cold war era, limiting existing modules is enough...no it's not.

What is cool and immersive is the aesthetics and the feeling of being surrounded by old stuff.

Limited weapons is not and never be enough.

Personally, I like flying in that era for the airplane shapes, flying atmosphere and, of course, the limitations imposed by the technology.

Flying an 18 with displays, even if using guns only, completely destroys that feeling from the beginning.

Edited by Night Flier
  • Like 8

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

7 hours ago, Night Flier said:

For those saying that in order to simulate a cold war era, limiting existing modules is enough...no it's not.

What is cool and immersive is the aesthetics and the feeling of being surrounded by old stuff.

Limited weapons is not end never be enough.

Personally, I like flying in that era for the airplane shapes, flying atmosphere and, of course, the limitations imposed by the technology.

Flying an 18 with displays, even if using guns only, completely destroys that feeling from the beginning.

I couldn't agree more. I don't consider the F-18, F-16 "cold war planes" When I think cold war I think Mig-23, Mig-25, Mig-21, Su-15, F4 phantom, F-100, F-105 thunder chief, A4 sky hawk, F-104, Mirage IIIC, Mirage F1, English Electric Lightening, F-8, A-7, A6 and many more.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, potatoman530 said:

I couldn't agree more. I don't consider the F-18, F-16 "cold war planes" When I think cold war I think Mig-23, Mig-25, Mig-21, Su-15, F4 phantom, F-100, F-105 thunder chief, A4 sky hawk, F-104, Mirage IIIC, Mirage F1, English Electric Lightening, F-8, A-7, A6 and many more.

I mean really the "teen" series were used right at the end of the cold war in the 80's for the most part (aside from the 14/15 which I would certainly count as 70's planes)
But yeah, your list is more what I think of when I think cold war planes. 

• Thanks 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm finally happy a module is taking a long time. I had a water cooling  failure and destroyed  my computer  and it's going  to take me some time to save up for a high end VR machine. I  would hate to know that beauty is  out and flying  and I couldn't touch it! I'm joking and don't  really  hope it gets delayed, but it will be tough waiting on  a new computer when it is released. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jester986 said:

I'm finally happy a module is taking a long time. I had a water cooling  failure and destroyed  my computer  and it's going  to take me some time to save up for a high end VR machine. I  would hate to know that beauty is  out and flying  and I couldn't touch it! I'm joking and don't  really  hope it gets delayed, but it will be tough waiting on  a new computer when it is released. 

I'm sorry for your loss!  Still can't wait to lay my hands on the F1. Call me insensitive 😉

• Like 4

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

Como vais, Aerges? Supongo que no queréis enseñar nada hasta tenerlo más terminado pero... un poco de hype estaría bien. Un par de fotos? 🥺

Owned sorted by use: F-5E | JF-17 | F/A-18C | FC3 | A-10C II | L-39 | M-2000C | New adquisition: F-16C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C

In the spotlight: Mirage F1 | Syria        🔸Terrains: Nevada | Persian Gulf