88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

More options in OPTIONS like this:

Cockpit language: English-Russian-Other

ABRIS language: English-Russian-Other

EKRAN language: English-Russian-Other

Caution Lights-Warning Lights: Russian-English-Other

Tooltips: English-Russian-Other

This simply language list could make our life easier a lot....

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

At least I don't know if that was mentioned before, but: A improved sound-engine would be great! The actual one is extremly unreal when it comes to "when does a sound appear/disappear", "how loud does it get" etc. The actual limitations are the main reason why you hear NOTHING of the jetsounds when watching the VFAT-Stream. We tried to modify the sound.cfg but had no success at all. So if that's not too much of work it would be great to have more realistic sounds (not the audio-files themselves but the parameters where one can hear them and how loud they are on certain positions relative to the sound-source (helicopter/plane whatever...)).

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hi. Im verana_ss

-------first--------

no doubt, BS itself is awesome indeed. thankyou for making this sim.

-------about limited activation--------

but I REALLY dont like limited online activation....

you see? your product is already easily pirated on bittorrent site, while my activation is limited.

its odd that buyer takes disadvantges. please think of it...please!

------about next product---------

I want you to make F-16C or F-15E for next product because it is multirole fighter which is not limited as attacker or fighter like A-10, F-15C...

Best regards

verana_ss

Edited by verana_ss

• ED Team
At least I don't know if that was mentioned before, but: A improved sound-engine would be great! The actual one is extremly unreal when it comes to "when does a sound appear/disappear", "how loud does it get" etc. The actual limitations are the main reason why you hear NOTHING of the jetsounds when watching the VFAT-Stream. We tried to modify the sound.cfg but had no success at all. So if that's not too much of work it would be great to have more realistic sounds (not the audio-files themselves but the parameters where one can hear them and how loud they are on certain positions relative to the sound-source (helicopter/plane whatever...)).

Thank you!

I believe ED is working on improving the sound engine for the next DCS module.. :)

I don't believe ED will implement this, but it is nice to check these screenies and dream a bit. I guess it is part of Armed Assault 2?

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

More. As far as I can tell DCS is still using 2 crossed polygons for its trees. However LINDA is also for ground troops so its trees will be more detailed than is required for DCS. However it would be nice to get some kind of middle ground between the two, where there is still as minimal a load on the system as possible, but some better detail at the most complex LOD level.

I have been experimenting with some ultra low poly trees, I'll post em up when I get them in game.

Shaman, why not? I believe it's so flexible you can use it to populate world with sticks with a single leaf on top of it :D This is the main reason why i posted it here. I'm not one of those "give me hammer nails in the doors of those houses and make it more pink and blury" guy. And yes - it is from ArmA2. Read on-the-shots descriptions for more info. 16 LODs! I'm not much of a modeler but I guess this would be the last thing ED would coplain about.

Basicaly I believe ED is looking for a brilliant trick* to render high number of solid looking trees with low GPU and CPU utilization and LINDA does not provide this. It is not its purpose. The purpose of LINDA is to help automaticaly populate the world with vegetation which meets parameters entered by creator (developer). What IS done realtime is the rendering of LINDA created vegetation using current game engine.

* History knows such brilliant 3D engines which was initialy described by many as "impossible for their time". For DCS new engine going the opposite way than current water and flares rendering may be sufficient.

Bucic I think he means ED probably wont use it because its made for Arma2. It is highly likely that LINDA is optimised for their own engine rather than being truly third party, like speedtree for example. This may change in the future, but at the moment I think LINDA is heavily centred around Arma2, as it was developed for that purpose.

I think when the time comes ED will probably develop their own solution, as that is usually the best way to get the best performance. Third party solutions are usually used to save time, especially when a company is using a licenced engine that they did not develop themselves.

• Like 1

A F-16 would be interesting (well, i'm not that interested in that plane normally, i prefer a nice MiG or Sukhoi :smilewink:) the systems of the F-16 are quite interesting because of the multirole capabilities, the technical data is more easy to get instead of those of a modern warplane like a Su-35BM or a F-22 (:sleep:) and its SEAD function is also interesting for me (i didn't like the SEAD missions from the Su-25T that much) reconaissance missions and so on...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Bucic I think he means ED probably wont use it because its made for Arma2. It is highly likely that LINDA is optimised for their own engine rather than being truly third party, like speedtree for example. This may change in the future, but at the moment I think LINDA is heavily centred around Arma2, as it was developed for that purpose.

I think when the time comes ED will probably develop their own solution, as that is usually the best way to get the best performance. Third party solutions are usually used to save time, especially when a company is using a licenced engine that they did not develop themselves.

Read it again

for realtime visualisations, games, simulations or CG generated nature
And they offer it as a service!

LINDA is target engine independent. I doubt you'll find a single sentence to support your assumption. Again - LINDA does not render. LINDA creates 3D models for use with the target engine.

The only good point you've made is that LINDA can save time. Plus it gives the best effects I've ever seen.

Linda is particularly based on one way L-systems for fast simulation, but with statistical analysis of phytohormone distribution in plant body and the possibility to control many dependency aspects.

It's biosimulator for God's sake!

If anyone didn't bother to imagine human 3D modeler vs LINDA aiming for the same results competition consider these:

• 3D modeler would have to have good overall knowledge about vegetation types and vegetation growth mechanisms
  • 3D modeler would have to multiply himself by <pick your number> to do the job in the same amount of time
  • 3D modeler would have toapply his own way to randomize vegetation shapes
  • 3D modeler would not have an integrated tool for LODs creation, polycount/performance analysis and global optimization
  • others (that would emerge with high probability)

I would rather wait for response from ED (or leave the topic as it is) who could professionaly analyze official information on LINDA rather than fighting with assumptions which don't even stand against LINDA highlights. I don't count on it much though as I didn't even get reply good shaped algorythm regarding collidable trees (see my sig).

I only hope that the new DCS engine will make my ideas look stupid. But you know how it is with hope... In sims a good competition would make better :P

BTW:

To anyone who has done the current DCS trees - I pay my respects!

Edited by Bucic

Do you work for Bohemia Interactive?! Anyway easy on the hostility bigman, I was just trying to point out some of the reasons Shaman might think that.....

Yup, maybe you're right. Maybe it will be excellent and just what DCS needs. But I can assure you its not the only new approach to making good looking trees, and as far as I am aware has only been used on the Arma 2 engine so far. Also you must consider the differences in what is an acceptable polycount. In Arma the models can have a higher polycount, whereas I imagine ED would want the best looking trees for the bare minimum count. On the surface this might sound the same, but BI might be happy with their trees looking good at a minimum of 100 polys, where ED may want theirs looking good at 16.

All I'm saying is, that in my opinion, you cant beat stuff developed in house, which is possibly why BI made this rather than use speedtree?

Edited by Drav

i have asked similar questions about trees and also why are they not collideable... the answer i got was because of performance.... lockon's map is bigger than anything ArmA 2 has and it would kill performance :\ but its nice to dream..... it might be possible though for extremely high end rigs?

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Hard copy ring bound manuals (price could also include a donation to an international environmental tree fund of some description).

With perhaps a yearly subscription of some kind, so as to receive updated pages as and when errata and updates arrive based on changes made to the software as it progresses through hotfixes etc.

Sorry for the trees and environment but for a software simulation of this complexity a hard copy manual would be appreciated.

Hard copy ring bound manuals (price could also include a donation to an international environmental tree fund of some description).

With perhaps a yearly subscription of some kind, so as to receive updated pages as and when errata and updates arrive based on changes made to the software as it progresses through hotfixes etc.

Sorry for the trees and environment but for a software simulation of this complexity a hard copy manual would be appreciated.

Get ready to be happy: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=589600&postcount=46

I think Black Shark would be better if a manual comes with it where will be displayed all the functions of the heli, strategy guides, combat maneuvers, rules of engagement and everything you need to know to fly and engage with the Ka-50. I think this will also improve players' skill.

www.myspace.com/kitharodos21

Intel i7 960 3.2Ghz / 6GB RAM / GTX 470 / Windows7 64bit