DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

http://algorithmicbotany.org/

Anyway, what would help DCS would be to get a map of Georgia's different environmental types (I've found a couple) and then make templates with different mixes of plants to replace the forests in each of these zones. This could create quite different combat environments depending on altitude, whether one is on a north or south slope of a hill etc.

sim itself is very very very nice:thumbup::thumbup: however it is pity that its lack of briefing capability and its static campaign system are ruining long-term enjoyablility of it especially in MP area. sigh:(

Im not saying "make Falcon4 DC system!!! or DC is the best!"

I just want campaign system that gives me random situation and enjoyable in long-term

verana out..

Edited by verana_ss

It's evolution - the briefing system, while still somewhat limited, is a vast improvement over the LO-FC system, and the campaign system - for the larger campaign that shipped with the English release of BS, if you fail a level, then for the most part you've only got a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the same mission again when you fall back (That's a lot of possible paths through the campaign. Even for only 3 phases with 4 missions per phase, that's 64 possible paths from only 3 phases). On top of that, the possibility exists for mission / campaign creators to add enough randomisation to allow individual missions to play out quite differently across a number of repetitions. Once people get the hang of it, I expect some very replayable / unpredictable missions & campaigns to be created...

Cheers.

http://algorithmicbotany.org/

Anyway, what would help DCS would be to get a map of Georgia's different environmental types (I've found a couple) and then make templates with different mixes of plants to replace the forests in each of these zones. This could create quite different combat environments depending on altitude, whether one is on a north or south slope of a hill etc.

I believe LINDA can do that.

I believe ED is working on improving the sound engine for the next DCS module.. :)

That would add so much to the immersion of the game!!! Also a big plus for vids and events like VFAT!!! Looking forward to this, and thanks for answering!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I still think that http://www.speedtree.com/ is the way to go.... They have the implementation abilities; they already have experiences in the market...

Regards

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Multicore for XP Users!

Hello,

I understand that setting affinity to multiple cores in Vista provides boosted framerates but not for XP. Could the developers please see if if you can "patch" the simulation so that us XP users can also get a framerate boost when setting affinity to multiple cores? Please, please, please? Thank you

:)

Basicaly I believe ED is looking for a brilliant trick* to

render high number of solid looking trees with low GPU and CPU utilization and LINDA does not provide this.

I think the problem is not rendering, but increase in calculations, particularly AI pathfinding, sensors and ballistics.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Bogusław LINDA pwns!

I believe LINDA can do that.

doc_1369_0.jpg

YES, HE CAN :thumbup:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Well,its obvious that the posibilities DCS offers are incredible facing future.For sure,more maps are desirable expanding and unifying the ops area.The whole Mediterranean and surroundings would be great,complemented with a Naval ops pack,featuring fully controlable and operative Carriers and CBGs.Once onboard a Carrier,clicking over a determined air platforms could make us jump into the cockpit in order to fly the selected bird.

How does that sound to you guys?

:thumbup:

I'd like to see the ability to go into the options and access everything from controls to graphical stuff, it's very frustrating to not be able to do any of this while in-game, especially the controls since we who bought the "online" version don't have the manual on paper.

Something i really missed in lockon , and to be honest i don't understand the design decision to exclude options while you're in game, just seems abit stupid :)

It's evolution - the briefing system, while still somewhat limited, is a vast improvement over the LO-FC system, and the campaign system - for the larger campaign that shipped with the English release of BS, if you fail a level, then for the most part you've only got a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the same mission again when you fall back (That's a lot of possible paths through the campaign. Even for only 3 phases with 4 missions per phase, that's 64 possible paths from only 3 phases). On top of that, the possibility exists for mission / campaign creators to add enough randomisation to allow individual missions to play out quite differently across a number of repetitions. Once people get the hang of it, I expect some very replayable / unpredictable missions & campaigns to be created...

thanks for your kindness replying.:):)

I dont have Lomac and LomacFC but from your post, I understood the campaign system that BS has now were improved from previous product.

To be frank, after seeing your post, I was made to think deeply what exact makes my feeling unsatisfied and finally I found my answer:smartass:

I think the point people want (I know Im not a representative of people and this is just my one opinion) is to be one of a soldier(pilot) and to accumulate the result in sim to win the war.

So, what I exactly wanted was not just random situation but the situation that succeeded to next mission from my previous action.:joystick:

believe me, I have no offence feeling against either you or ED.

But at least in official campaign that I have now, what I have done in previous mission doesnt affect on next mission(what I have done is simulated by mission maker at least in official campaign that I have now)

therfore I have to say the campaign is still "stage" system.

so this is why I think Im not satisfied with..

Please allow me to hope my suggestion will improve ED's(your) product.

Best regards.

Im sorry for my poor English skill.. thankyou for reading my post.

Verana_SS out.

Great Thread!

Animated Soldiers will come. If the Mi-24 Hind will be flyable, you have to transport troops in order to simulate the the combat task of this "flying bus".

My first personal wishes:

Perhaps a few "explosion models" for vehicles. Would like to see a flying tank turret after a double missile hit.

Or a significant bigger explosion after the ligt up of a fuel truck :-)))

Or something like that...

Iam sure the russian army uses different types of warheads for their unguides rockets.

Would be nice to use clusters, smoke, or combat area illumination. But only if those warheads really exist! :-)

And one little thing, I guess.

MAP ZOOMING in Briefing screen. Right now my Briefings take place in the editor :-)

So far...

Edited by Niehorst

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

A lot of work can be done in order to expand this welcome sim.New sceneries and combat areas with SRTM accurate topo data,including detailed cities and military bases.This would be a good task for third party developers,developing and releasing modules of certain terrain extension or countries,like is done with FS.

Another cool feature in a parallel way to the new air platforms release would be development of Naval modules.Think about it,the main Navies like USNavy,URSSNavy,with detailed controllable and operative 3d vessels like frigates,destroyers,cruisers,carriers,assault ships and subs why not,to complement the air part of the game.

This way,on a regular basis new units from other navies could be developed and released giving the player a wide range of platforms to choose.

This can be ALL IN ONE guys,air and naval warfare combined.Lets see if DCS people and future third part devs bring this to life.

Merry Christmas

I dont know too much about 3D but that LINDA vegetation prog can produce very low poly trees. Also textures as you like and how many leaves etc. So i guess its very scalable for performance and needs.

Yeah we can always dream at least... Im glad to get it in ArmA2 as it looks fantastic. :)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

For machinima film makers a few more camera controls would be great.

* Real zoom, as in camera FOV rather than just moving the camera forward/back

* Ability to move (translate) the camera smoothly left/right/up/down during filming rather than just rotating.

* Ability to alter the camera movement speed. ArmA achieves camera movement by allowing the user to set camera waypoints (with FOV, position, and direction) and time to take travelling between them.

* And here's the ultimate wish that is a bit "pie in the sky" - a track editor/viewer like that in rFactor that can go fowards/backwards in time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

This is more of a request for a web packedge. Of DCS logos and other things that can be used on other squad based fan sites.

Thanks

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/