Would You Be Interested in a DCS Subscription Service for Bonus Content?

StevanJ

Would You Be Interested in a DCS Subscription Service for Bonus Content?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. So, alot of people want to support DLC, Would you be interested in Donating a small fee every month for Bonus Content? ie Special Skins, One off Asset Models for the Mission Editor, Special Forum Flair, Custom Missions, and maybe some miles points too?

• Yes, I want to support DCS!
    • No, I want to support DCS through individual purchases please.
    • Id consider it, only because of the offer custom content (ie miles points) but im on the fence..

So, alot of people want to support DLC, Would you be interested in Donating a small fee every month for Bonus Content? ie Special Skins, One off Asset Models for the Mission Editor, Special Forum Flair, Custom Missions, and maybe some miles points too?

To add: This is Hypothetical. And just for fun.

Edited by StevanJ

• ED Team

We have no plans for a subscription based model or donations.

thanks

• Like 7
  • Thanks 21

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Mars Exulte said:

Seeeaaaaarch

For what?

Peoples opinion changes.

Fresh data is good for everyone.

Everyone that’s clicking ‘yes’ is a customer that actively wants to help grow the game.

And the percentage is the revenue that ED is missing out in each month.

While this poll is purely hypothetical, it’s interesting to see people put their money where there mouth is when they say they ‘want to support DCS’..

For bonus content? No

A subscription model with access to all paid content? Maybe

WWII assets pack is already a PITA, let´s not make DCS community more divided, no "Extra content for those who pay more" please

• Like 3

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Please no loot boxes thanks, I know you havent suggested them but one thing leads to another...

I run from those games like I was being chased by great white so as soon as those kind of models come here I'm out.

Or those games that keep you playing, like if you play for certain amount of hours you unlock this item, that you actually need, but it has been locked behind a wall that you can unlock by playing the game, it is free tho but you have to spend time in game to get it,

and they do that just to keep you playing so they can show their shareholders how they have people online, nvm that the content is utterly boring, they don't keep you playing with creative and fun content instead they make you grind for your item, or in our case it would be a missile or a bomb.

That's how your proposal of subscriptions evolves cause when they start losing people cause of paywalls, than they start creating artificial reasons to keep you gaming, which makes a computer game feel like you are at work. You log every day to put in those hours of for example kill this many enemies and pick this many flowers to gain this and that.

that's why I run from games that have those kind of mechanics.

Majority of games now are with that kind of model just to earn money,

no joy or passion in creating a game.

So no thnx.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 2

I'm strongly opposed. If Eagle were to ever change their mind on subscriptions, I think it would be better to have special events , access to all DCS products and physical merchandise give-aways instead of exclusive content. I know we don't have physical DCS / Eagle merchandise but if Eagle used some drop shipper I'd consider buying a DCS t-shirt. Also if Eagle licensed their name to some model company- I'd buy the kits. 

• Like 6

why do you keep serving this food. nobody wants it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

thats not official, 

official one is here https://merch.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, StevanJ said:

For what?

Peoples opinion changes.

Fresh data is good for everyone.

Everyone that’s clicking ‘yes’ is a customer that actively wants to help grow the game.

And the percentage is the revenue that ED is missing out in each month.

While this poll is purely hypothetical, it’s interesting to see people put their money where there mouth is when they say they ‘want to support DCS’..

Everyone clicking NO is actively involved in helping grow the game with each purchase they make. Your opinion that unless someone wants to make monthly donations, they aren't supporting ED grow DCS World is just that... an opinion.

What I find ironic is that as someone who claims the Asset pack is fragmenting the community because it has a sale price, you are proposing that people donate money to simply get recognition as a "FAN"! How does dividing the community into those willing to pay for recognition, and those that aren't improve anything? I would quite simply just prefer to pay for the modules I want to use. And that would include the WWII assets pack, especially if it helped improve my multi-player gaming experience.

I didn't come to DCS to get recognition as a fan, I came to enjoy the experience of using very detailed and highly realistic models in a digital combat simulator.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Callsign112 said:

Everyone clicking NO is actively involved in helping grow the game with each purchase they make. Your opinion that unless someone wants to make monthly donations, they aren't supporting ED grow DCS World is just that... an opinion.

It's also worth nothing that, as I was hinting in my response above, clicking NO in this poll doesn't necessarily mean you're opposed to a subscription model. It's just that the options provided are… lacking, let's call it, and they're also marred by how the suggestion itself is phrased to make it block out all kinds of potential support votes.

It's not just that the OP's opinion is just an opinion, it's that his opinion hinges on a rather silly assumption that is reflected in the poll itself, which ends up doing something pretty rare: it makes the opinion objectively wrong.

• Like 3

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Thanks for the clarification @Tippis, but whether you support a subscription model or not, you are still helping grow the game with each purchase you make. My point was not so much to point to the overwhelming NO response to a subscription model, but more toward the OP's opinion that unless you donate monthly you aren't helping.

Whats more, knowing the OP's staunch opinion against paid for content, it is hard to believe the same person authored this thread if you take the concept being discussed here to its final outcome.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Callsign112 said:

Thanks for the clarification @Tippis, but whether you support a subscription model or not, you are still helping grow the game with each purchase you make. My point was not so much to point to the overwhelming NO response to a subscription model, but more toward the OP's opinion that unless you donate monthly you aren't helping.

Whats more, knowing the OP's staunch opinion against paid for content, it is hard to believe the same person authored this thread if you take the concept being discussed here to its final outcome.

All true. No matter how you cut it, you simply can't draw any equivalence between the funding model and the “support willingness” of the customer — either way, you're giving ED cash to keep their doors open. At best, your preference may give the vaguest of hints as to whether you skew more towards supporting for past or future output, but even then, any such interpretation would rely on very naive notion of how income from module sales is used.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

ah that time of the month again when this lame idea is put forth again

If you want to support DCS / Eagle Dynamics, there is nothing stopping you OP  from buying extra modules and giving them away to others

• Like 3

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

18 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

ah that time of the month again when this lame idea is put forth again

If you want to support DCS / Eagle Dynamics, there is nothing stopping you OP  from buying extra modules and giving them away to others

The only good thing was the link to the official DCS hoodies. If I had known about it when I was taking the aviation sheet metal class I would have been wearing them. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Callsign112 said:

I have no problems with asset-packs I don't like the idea of getting exclusive content in a subscription model. 

• Like 2

If anyone wants to 'support DCS', they can buy more stuff. If they already own all the stuff, they can still buy more, and gift it to someone else.

As for 'bonus content', creating new material and then only making it available to a subset of your customer base is almost always a poor business decision. If it is worth having, sell it like anything else.

• Like 3