FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

if it was IPD wouldn't be that bad for everyone... try resetting the IPD to 1.1 and the running a mission and then resetting it back to 1?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

7 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

if it was IPD wouldn't be that bad for everyone... try resetting the IPD to 1.1 and the running a mission and then resetting it back to 1?

Yeah 1.1 regains some clarity but gets me back to about the same as if I run at 80-100% SVRSS

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, Mistic said:

Failure to recognize the problem is to belittle users.  This post (hidden medium) where it speaks for itself, if you go through Discord, Reddit, the people who have this problem are many.  And there is another even greater one that does not participate in the networks that have told me that they also have fps drops.  Without another word.

Seriously, do you think tackling ED in such a way helps in any way?

First - ED has NOT negated that there is an issue. Just pointed out, that it does not effect ALL users (as usual) and therefore is hard to pin down.

Second - Bignewy acknoledged the problem and stated early, that they don't have a solution, YET.

Third - You're on open BETA!!!

Suggestion, quit the whining and try to help with some facts. 🙄

EVERY SINGLE TIME - the same drama....

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 5

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

and then reset ? back to 1?

Get's 45fps back

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

49 minutes ago, Hiob said:

If you want to call feedback drama, then that's what you want to call it. I'd call it feedback. And feedback is always useful, at least if it's taken seriously. If it isn't well, then that's another issue entirely. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

First - ED has NOT negated that there is an issue. Just pointed out, that it does not effect ALL users (as usual) and therefore is hard to pin down.

Second - Bignewy acknoledged the problem and stated early, that they don't have a solution, YET.

This is not helping anyone.

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

Seriously? 

People do have a superior ability to make anything about themselves, don't they? Go read my (entire) message again. 😘

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If you want to call feedback drama, then that's what you want to call it. I'd call it feedback. And feedback is always useful, at least if it's taken seriously. If it isn't well, then that's another issue entirely. 

I didn't adress you, did I?

I, in fact, explicitly quoted someone else, didn't I?

8 minutes ago, =37.Sqn= Mjugen said:

This is not helping anyone.

But the quote, I've referred to, does?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

7 hours ago, Hiob said:

AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz CPU , ATI RX 560 4 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

On a side note - don't you think it was a bit risky to run win11 on such a rather outdated cpu? The trouble with dcs performance aside, I can't imagine that this runs well, or does it?

runs better IMO...that was the point of upgrading to win 11...they (the internet) were reporting an increase in performance for OLDER systems...but what they didn't take into account apparently was the NEW systems having issues.They have fixed that from what I've heard though.

On a side note...that I can run the blackshark on medium and high settings and get 35-40 fps at tree top level(pre patch 2.7.7.14727) is a testimonial to the 8350

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

hace 1 hora, Hiob dijo:

if it bothers you, keep going, and play with your planes with good fps

• ED Team

Dear all, please only post here if you have an issue, all other comments are not helpful towards the issue. Thanks.

Post should include, DCS.log, dxdiag file, track where you see the issue, or if you cant provide a track, at least module/map/mission info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

58 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Dear all, please only post here if you have an issue, all other comments are not helpful towards the issue. Thanks.

Post should include, DCS.log, dxdiag file, track where you see the issue, or if you cant provide a track, at least module/map/mission info.

Dxdiag attached to add to previous trk etc. 

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I uploaded a log and dxdiag but no track earlier in the thread. I was on the channel map in the mossie. Its a night mission I put together and was running fine before the patch. Then after the patch as soon as you hit the channel french coast it turns into a slide show and unplayable. My cousin also tested using jericho mission and as soon as he hit the coast got terrible stuttering in game. Prior to the update we both flew the mission on multilayer with no problem and without altering settings. He runs a 1080ti and my gpu is an rx580, his system is Intel i7 and I'm on amd, both systems have 32gb ram and the forum recommendationsfor page files. Hope this info helps.

No mods installed. Turning off cockpit global illumination has helped but there's still an fps loss that is affecting things a lot. I get that I have a lower end system so maybe have been flying borderline fps for a while but people with higher end systems also reporting problems since the update and I guess are able to deal with it to varying extent.

If this is the future then ED might have to update its recommendations for minimum syst requirements. It's got me concerned as I've pre ordered the apache and am now worried my machine won't cut it anymore without lowering settings way below what I'm used to, despite having been fine for the last year. I was also flying on pretty high settings on a lesser machine until I put this machine together a year ago.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi,

Same here. Since last update, big loss of fps and lot of cloud shimmering from the horizon in VR.

I used to have a very smooth experience and no shimmering/aliasing/tearing before. Performences was around 65fps and now between 35 to 45 with effects listed above. I didn't make any change on my settings before. Just apply the update.

I was able to gain a bit by setting visibility range from ultra to medium and reduce clouds resolution to medium. Got about 10fps but still shimmering on clouds.

(Intel core i5 9400, 24gb ram, rtx 3060 8gb oc, oculus rift S. Settings High|ultra, SS=1.4, syria map, m2000-c, no-mod)

Hope you will fix it soon !

Thanks

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Iceviper said:

I uploaded a log and dxdiag but no track earlier in the thread. I was on the channel map in the mossie. Its a night mission I put together and was running fine before the patch. Then after the patch as soon as you hit the channel french coast it turns into a slide show and unplayable. My cousin also tested using jericho mission and as soon as he hit the coast got terrible stuttering in game. Prior to the update we both flew the mission on multilayer with no problem and without altering settings. He runs a 1080ti and my gpu is an rx580, his system is Intel i7 and I'm on amd, both systems have 32gb ram and the forum recommendationsfor page files. Hope this info helps.

No mods installed. Turning off cockpit global illumination has helped but there's still an fps loss that is affecting things a lot. I get that I have a lower end system so maybe have been flying borderline fps for a while but people with higher end systems also reporting problems since the update and I guess are able to deal with it to varying extent.

If this is the future then ED might have to update its recommendations for minimum syst requirements. It's got me concerned as I've pre ordered the apache and am now worried my machine won't cut it anymore without lowering settings way below what I'm used to, despite having been fine for the last year. I was also flying on pretty high settings on a lesser machine until I put this machine together a year ago.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Can you send me the mission, if you dont want to share it in public, send it to me in PM, thanks.

Goes for anyone, if you have a mission or track you know was smoother before than now, I can use it to compare in most cases, thanks again.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

9 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Can you send me the mission, if you dont want to share it in public, send it to me in PM, thanks.

Goes for anyone, if you have a mission or track you know was smoother before than now, I can use it to compare in most cases, thanks again.

@NineLine you can pick any stock missions for me and the performance drop is the same across them all.  Ive also tranplanted different modules in many of them and whilst the baseline differs the same 10-15pfs drop occurs between Stable and OB regardless of module employed. Ive also tested many of them with Full Screen options on and off but again, whilst there may be some placebolic effects in flow, the base fps continues to demonstrate the same drops btween Stable and OB.  

The problem is compounded for me with the hits to the cpu that triggers within missions cause. Flags and AI activations, mortars firing and even ogg files triggering heavily impact on the CPU. Destruction Zones are also very costly in terms of fps. But thats not an OB issue.  As such the demand on my CPU isnt merely getting enough grunt to produce about 60 fps for the vsync and the head tracking but finding the additional headroom on top to support those hits in addition.  An unscentifiic and grahical benchmark for this would be being able to produce no less than 75 - 85 fps minimum at any time in any given mission in order to ensure this. 

At 20000ft this isnt an issue and in missions when thats where the trigger action starts its all good. It does occur to me that perhaps some if not more of us Non- VRers in this thread happen to be helo players or mud pushers and, as such, more prone to finding themselves in situations where perhaps their meek and aged systems are straining. Which, in turn, may,  may, go some way to explaing why the fps reduction is not unversally experienced even if it may be unversally present. 

Probably the best stock example I can think of to demonstrate these impacts is the Mi24 PG Disaster Relief quick mission. By no means a heavy mission in terms of unit activity in itself but barely playable for me in stable and utterly unplayable in OB due to the constant presence of destruction, clouds, smoke and low level flight.  

• Like 7

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

@NineLineI have been using a track in instant action to track perf in VR whilst I have had to recreate it every now and again, it’s a very similar profile I use, with the head position stabilised to minimise any differences… I have been doing this since 2.5.x …

performance track 273.trk.

whilst I don’t have as bad a loss as some people (I typically seem to be down about 1ms gpu of frame time across the same track even from 2.7.3 on the same settings…  that’s about 1/11th of your total budget for performance in vr or 1/22nd of your absolute budget depending on how you count. It’s not that I can’t reduce my settings I can and I do (dropping from high to medium water seems to improve the frame time impact… but this is not the first time , the same was true with clouds and so forth. Given that most people are close to the edge of that budget every time I suspect many are running at 8-10ms or consistently above 11ms on older hardware… that increase is much more impactful than the number appears to imply.

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Still experiencing degraded performance with the latest open beta.

RTX 3090 and 9900K with a Valve Index.

I know it's hard, and you have to start troubleshooting somewhere -- but if many users have side-by-side installations (stable vs. open beta) and they can benchmark the same tracks in both versions and see an obvious discrepancy no matter what mission is being simulated -- what good is getting users to submit tracks going to do?

Seems like it's been clearly established that the problem is something that was changed in the actual game binaries! C'mon guys.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

Can I get back to version 2.7.6.13436 without losing my config files?

I got it

steps:

open the cmd with admin privilegies

go to BIn folder at your dcs instalation path , my pc: E:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

Execute the dcs_updater.exe with this parameter E:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin>DCS_updater.exe update 2.7@release

Then will be installed the last released version 2.7.6.13436 of the 29 september (without losing settings/configs files) and your lost fps will be back

Be Happy.

Edited by felipesm
fps is back

Yes, you can your config files are held in the saved games directory 

• Like 2

@felipesm For future reference, you don't always have to revert back to stable - it's possible to get back to older Open Beta build as well, using the same method but typing relevant version number after "update" part.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Adana test.trk@NineLine In this mission is very reproductable, just Ctrl+F11 on Adana Sakirpasa airfield, fixed view, standard towards city without any head tracking. In pre 20 oct got solid 60FPS, now 51. Yesterday patch help a little, so 9 FPS loss for me at the moment.

Edited by Miro
put wrong file

:pilotfly: