Map Performance

C3PO

extremely strange gameplay where I can fly in VR with 45 fps in the harrier zero stutters extremely smooth. Low level, high altitude. Then all of a sudden I find FPS drop into the 20s, not flying over any built up areas, just low level. Sim is like a slide show, but if I climb above 1,300ft stutters stop, solid 45fps and smooth gameplay. Drop below 1,300ft and then severe stuttering.  

• Like 4

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

This is what I sent several times this year to Mr RazSpecter and I am still waiting for a response!
(hello Mr Raz_Spectre
I say thank you because the map is even more beautiful than before and the fps have clearly increased yay but despite your efforts the same problem remains in VR as soon as I want to land or dock as soon as I pass the threshold of A 900 feet fps collapses and drops from 70 FPS to 6/8 FPS
IN VR but in 2D the fps does not move it remains stable.
What is going on?
We are counting on you to resolve this problem and thank you in advance.😊)
and this problem has existed since the release of the card for several people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PLUTON said:

This is what I sent several times this year to Mr RazSpecter and I am still waiting for a response!
(hello Mr Raz_Spectre
I say thank you because the map is even more beautiful than before and the fps have clearly increased yay but despite your efforts the same problem remains in VR as soon as I want to land or dock as soon as I pass the threshold of A 900 feet fps collapses and drops from 70 FPS to 6/8 FPS
IN VR but in 2D the fps does not move it remains stable.
What is going on?
We are counting on you to resolve this problem and thank you in advance.😊)
and this problem has existed since the release of the card for several people.

It’s strange because I load a flight and sometimes it doesn’t do it for a good 5-10 minutes it’s all running fine. Then it starts. So it shows it can run smoothly, there must be something that triggers it I guess. Let’s hope they look into this and can find a solution soon. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

On 11/18/2023 at 6:45 PM, westr said:

extremely strange gameplay where I can fly in VR with 45 fps in the harrier zero stutters extremely smooth. Low level, high altitude. Then all of a sudden I find FPS drop into the 20s, not flying over any built up areas, just low level. Sim is like a slide show, but if I climb above 1,300ft stutters stop, solid 45fps and smooth gameplay. Drop below 1,300ft and then severe stuttering.  

I have the same issue in 2D.
I can have almost everything maxed out and have around 100 FPS unless I am on deck. Then I get 27 FPS.
Found out it's the Terrain Texture set to HIGH that's causing it for me. When I set it to LOW, with otherwise the same settings, I'm at 90 FPS on deck.

• Like 2
G6XLe1V.png

On 11/18/2023 at 3:30 PM, BJ55 said:

I'm having severe stutters even above forests when flying below 900ft AGL...

Hi,

Forset and vegetation according me wasnt touched yet. Still the problem exists here as it was with poor performance compared to other maps with the same quantinty of trees for example (Caucasus).

Here is short test (track) and mission if you want to check the performance - short flight on Su-25T (so everyone who has SA map can test it). @Raz_Specter can you check the track with FPS on too?

test4.miz test4.trk

image.jpeg

But I can definitely attest to the FPS improvement on the buildings 👍.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

While watching the replay I've had no stutters and GPU usage was from 70% to 90%, flying your mission I've had no stutters and GPU usage was below 80% with some spike, then I decided to do some low passes above Puerto Natales with the Su-25, GPU usage was below 70% and no stutters at all! Quite strange... So I've also tried with different aircrafts, Mirage 2000 85% no sutters, Mirage F1EE 99% heavy stutters. Probably with this map and complex aircrafts my GPU reaches it's limits. (2D, limited at 60FPS, 2560x1440)

• Like 2

I7-12700F, 64GB DDR4 3600 (XMP1), Asus Z670M, MSI RTX 3070, TIR 5, TM WH VPC base, Win10 Pro

28 minutes ago, BJ55 said:

While watching the replay I've had no stutters and GPU usage was from 70% to 90%, flying your mission I've had no stutters and GPU usage was below 80% with some spike, then I decided to do some low passes above Puerto Natales with the Su-25, GPU usage was below 70% and no stutters at all! Quite strange... So I've also tried with different aircrafts, Mirage 2000 85% no sutters, Mirage F1EE 99% heavy stutters. Probably with this map and complex aircrafts my GPU reaches it's limits. (2D, limited at 60FPS, 2560x1440)

If you have FPS locked, there is no point in doing the test :-), you will only see the differences if you have FPS unlocked (the standard for DCS is 180 FPS).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

180 FPS with a 3070 8GB? You're askin' too much. BTW, my monitor has a fixed refresh rate, so for me 30 or 60 FPS are the only choice.

• Like 1

I7-12700F, 64GB DDR4 3600 (XMP1), Asus Z670M, MSI RTX 3070, TIR 5, TM WH VPC base, Win10 Pro

1 hour ago, BJ55 said:

180 FPS with a 3070 8GB? You're askin' too much. BTW, my monitor has a fixed refresh rate, so for me 30 or 60 FPS are the only choice.

180 FPS is a max but yes, in this case you are limited by the refresh rate of the monitor so each map will probably show you the same FPS limited by your screen.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

thought I had solved the problem on this by putting terrain textures to low. Flew for 20 or so mins with no issues then flying low over water as soon as I go below 800ft frames go from 45 to 22 with stuttering 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 5 weeks later...

I never had any problem with this theater flying low level, regarding to performance. My SQN is flying now in Liberation and I have flown two missions starting up in El Galazate with F15E. Initially everything runs smooth but after some minutes, suddendly GPU frametime increases from 13ms to 45 ms, and fps decrease from 72 to 22 with a lot of sttuter. I have read in forums problems in performance with people flying low level below 900 ft AGL and so on but what I dont understand is the reason why Im able to maintain good performance low level and suddendly, something is loaded in my GPU that destroys performance completely. Im with 3080TI and VRAM is always below 90%. I think this happens just after last openbeta update. F-16 and F18 is very smooth all time.

Enviado desde mi 21051182G mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 3:14 PM, chichowalker said:

I never had any problem with this theater flying low level, regarding to performance. My SQN is flying now in Liberation and I have flown two missions starting up in El Galazate with F15E. Initially everything runs smooth but after some minutes, suddendly GPU frametime increases from 13ms to 45 ms, and fps decrease from 72 to 22 with a lot of sttuter. I have read in forums problems in performance with people flying low level below 900 ft AGL and so on but what I dont understand is the reason why Im able to maintain good performance low level and suddendly, something is loaded in my GPU that destroys performance completely. Im with 3080TI and VRAM is always below 90%. I think this happens just after last openbeta update. F-16 and F18 is very smooth all time.

Enviado desde mi 21051182G mediante Tapatalk

Same here with 3080, the only thing that helps a little is setting textures to medium but it still hapens at some places. Map performance seems to be getting worse every update unfortunately.

I have checked also with other aircraft now. Using F16 or F18 is the same. Once you enter in the cockpit, start up, taxi around the airbases or carrier everything is smooth. When you take off and climb 1000 ft everything continue smooth. Problems appear once you descend below 1000 ft, then suddenly fps drops from 72 to 20-15 till you climb again above 1000 ft that fps recover 72. So, it is independent form the aircraft you fly.

Enviado desde mi SM-G981B mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 8:17 AM, chichowalker said:

I have checked also with other aircraft now. Using F16 or F18 is the same. Once you enter in the cockpit, start up, taxi around the airbases or carrier everything is smooth. When you take off and climb 1000 ft everything continue smooth. Problems appear once you descend below 1000 ft, then suddenly fps drops from 72 to 20-15 till you climb again above 1000 ft that fps recover 72. So, it is independent form the aircraft you fly.

Enviado desde mi SM-G981B mediante Tapatalk

Excellent write up.

Same here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stanley bushes got fixed with today's update (2.9.3.51704). You should not experience dramatic FPS drops flying over Stanley anymore.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

9 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Stanley bushes got fixed with today's update (2.9.3.51704). You should not experience dramatic FPS drops flying over Stanley anymore.

Yep, tested already and I see nice FPS improvements, however in the other parts of map vegetation (forests) has stil FPS issue. Thx for the update!

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

15 hours ago, Flappie said:

Test of vegetation (forest only!):

This problem is not solved still. The last patch for DSC was awsome, I see great FPS boos to terrains but even here it doesn't improve it. There is still work to be done by the authors of this map in terms of performance, even trees only.

• Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

When flying low over the town next to the airbase at the F-15E take-off IA mission, my fps doubled 🤩
It's still lower than on other maps, but this improvement is remarkable. And as stated above, forested areas are still a problem.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

OB 2.9.3.
This I get when looking to the WEST in Port Stanley. The spikes have to do with where I am looking to.
Unplayable ATM, I will leave this map out for the time being.

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

This is the only map the I didn't get any improvement on in VR at all, I also noticed a lot of texture loading when switching from the map view back to the cockpit view at 20000ft the textures were all blurry on the mountains and details were lost until they loaded back in which took about 15-30 seconds.

Still quite a bit of work to be done to make this map frame rate friendly even on a 4090 on VR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Similar to the video above, but over on the mainland (Instant action - F15 take off free flight), I'm seeing 45-50fps down low but 120fps (capped 120) a few thousand feet up. I currently have a powerful system that generally  performs well.

• Like 1