Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

We do a little trolling, but I don't know why I wrote army, lol. I blame my Navy dad.

Might get it anyway if the campaign is really good or I end up with zero self-control. Just want the Navy ones more than the land ones since I think carriers make much cooler airports.

Edited by Croaker47
  • Like 2

We do a little trolling, but I don't know why I wrote army, lol. I blame my Navy dad.
Might get it anyway if the campaign is really good or I end up with zero self-control. Just want the Navy ones more than the land ones since I think carriers make much cooler airports.
I think it'll be a while. After the A-6 probably.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Any more news on ''the Phantom family'' types/variants etc that are possibly going to be included?

I know the Naval version is likely included, but anything on RAF/Royal Navy versions whispered about in quiet corners or alleyways? :grin:

I'll be buying it regardless...

Only confirmed the Naval variant past the E, sadly.

Made a direct attack against the German F-4F. Didn't specify if the ICE upgrades were on the table or not.

I personally only expect maybeee the Japanese variant past the F-4E and one of the Naval variants, and it'll be very, very low on the module totem pole in terms of how much attention is going to be dedicated to it. 

Or instead of the Japanese variant, maybeeeeeee the much later variants that we can see in Turkey or Greece today with better radars and AMRAAM capability. I have my personal doubts on those, but I'm also biased in that I don't own or intend to buy a single module capable of AMRAAM slinging in game, except maybe if they bring one of those very late model Sea Harriers in. 

Edited by Czechnology

On 1/24/2023 at 6:42 AM, WarbossPetross said:

I think most people here will eventually get both the Phantom and F-15E, but if they were to come out at once, what would I buy - a jet that requires me to actually pay attention and learn stuff or yet another MFD button-pusher? Hmm, maybe this will inform my decision...

Still an F-14. 🙂

But since I already have that, Phantom. 🙂

• Like 1

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Any news on the F-4E?

• Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

5 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Any news on the F-4E?

Supposedly there will be some news in the next 6 months according to some post by someone from HB some where...Personally I feel its a year or more out from release. But we will see. Im not optimistic about it at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Manhorne said:

Supposedly there will be some news in the next 6 months according to some post by someone from HB some where...Personally I feel its a year or more out from release. But we will see. Im not optimistic about it at all.

There was another thread where they said they were unsure who said the 6 month mark, and continue to emphasize ASAP. Didn't DISPROVE the 6 month post directly, but saying they aren't sure who said it means it wasn't an official stance. 

Also, we've been getting little drips of information on the discord, mostly responses to questions about systems and capabilities, but it's been a few days since we last got anything on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm personally in the camp of the more the HB staff are focused on cranking this bird up for release and less on forum chit chat, the better. Based on the Tomcat's rollout, I have a feeling HB has something pretty special lined up for it's pre-order and launch for them to be this quiet.

• Like 2

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

vor 4 Stunden schrieb WildWeasel303:

I'm personally in the camp of the more the HB staff are focused on cranking this bird up for release and less on forum chit chat, the better. Based on the Tomcat's rollout, I have a feeling HB has something pretty special lined up for it's pre-order and launch for them to be this quiet.

I really would like to know when it's gonna be released......almost like a Child on Christmas Eve 😅 But you are right....it's better to get it done then wasting Time on chatin in Forums.

By the Way.....I didnt already flied in DCS when the Tomcat got it's release.....

What has been this special thing at it's release? 

• Like 1

I really would like to know when it's gonna be released......almost like a Child on Christmas Eve But you are right....it's better to get it done then wasting Time on chatin in Forums.
By the Way.....I didnt already flied in DCS when the Tomcat got it's release.....
What has been this special thing at it's release? 
Videos, music album, flight stick, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb PluckyUnderdog:

I'm far more excited for this than I am for the Eagle. The Phantom was my favourite jet as a child. The Tomcat is pretty close but not quite as iconic, for me.

Me too. I live not far away of a former Airbase in Germany where the Phantom was stationed.

I like several Modules like the Viper, Tomcat and Hornet because they appeared in Movies.

But its been Phantom, Tornado and Eurofighter which have been flying around my Hometown.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2023 at 12:18 PM, AzraelKurita said:

But its been Phantom, Tornado and Eurofighter which have been flying around my Hometown.

A year ago none were DCS modules... now all three are in development!

And ED said recently that at some point in future they'll make an ff Mig-29

Maybe someone soon will consider making the Starfighter...

Edit:

Don't forget the Sabrejet, Huey and the Bo-105 TOW/HOT tank buster that should show up this year or next... the modeler is very skilled, looks like a passion project for him, just hope he gets some simulation programmer to do it justice and help release it!

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 2

In my opinion both F-4 and F-15 suffer from the same issue in DCS, and that's the maps. Why buy an F-4 or F-15 if there's no ODS map or Afghanistan. (or Vietnam) I'm just fed up flying over strait of hormuz or Syria pretending to fight some fictional war and wonder why we don't deserve an actual combat maps for US assets.

I heard Afghanistan was coming, but it seems like it's very low priority. Last year's flood of strange map announcements and the release of South Atlantic (at $70) really killed my optimism and discourages me from spending any more money on this sim.

Sometimes I think about asking HB or ED how to become a map developer... Because someone needs to get it done. There's so many stories, tales, documentaries, interviews and whatnot about major conflicts and it sucks we can't fly these missions in DCS.

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

1 hour ago, 79Au said:

In my opinion both F-4 and F-15 suffer from the same issue in DCS, and that's the maps. Why buy an F-4 or F-15 if there's no ODS map or Afghanistan. (or Vietnam) I'm just fed up flying over strait of hormuz or Syria pretending to fight some fictional war and wonder why we don't deserve an actual combat maps for US assets.

I heard Afghanistan was coming, but it seems like it's very low priority. Last year's flood of strange map announcements and the release of South Atlantic (at $70) really killed my optimism and discourages me from spending any more money on this sim.

Sometimes I think about asking HB or ED how to become a map developer... Because someone needs to get it done. There's so many stories, tales, documentaries, interviews and whatnot about major conflicts and it sucks we can't fly these missions in DCS.

F-4E flew in anger over both maps you just mentioned. Flew over the Sinai that is coming too.

How far do your “realism” standards go? What about a fictional mission over a historical map, is that OK with you?

• Like 6

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

2 hours ago, 79Au said:

So do it.

Pool your money together, gather up  your industry expertise, and make those maps. ED won't stop you if you are capable of delivering.

Maybe if you bring great things to the table, maybe ED will hire you on to make the "world map" in development.

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nahen said:

It's easier to find places where the F-4 hasn't flown... than where it has flown...

🤣

My bet is Antarctica, and Cape Horn...

This.

Also, me personally, I couldn't care any less about maps. I'm here to experience cool aircraft created to the best possible level. We've had enough sims over the history of flight simulations that focused on one or more conflicts and provided only birds that are relevant to those. While it has its merits, and far be it from me to argue it being of no value while there are people who clearly crave for more of it, I personally am not into more of that. If anything, it'd be damn shame from my perspective if we only got aircraft from certain conflicts, at the expense of many cool aircraft we could experience.

Mission editor is my playground, and for some others I know it is the public servers. I doubt neither my, nor their sides of DCS demographics mind a great aircraft not ticking the box of being in this or that war, on this or that map.

Edited by WinterH
typo
  • Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script