IFLOLS overlay dissapears sometimes

memoric

Hello

So after recent updates (don't know which ones specific), on final, the IFLOLS overlay dissapears and comes back sometimes. I'm not sure It's related to the "ball call" you make on final.

Anybody else experienced this?

I'm playing only Multiplayer on the Trough the Inferno Server, if that's important.

Next time I see this happen, I will upload the track file.

Thanks

• Like 2

Same issue here, if you are off centerline to the right it turns the lights off, and when using the overlay it disappears from screen.

It comes back at some point, probably as soon as you hit the centerline again. 

I don't think this issue is related to the SC, tested it on the Forrestal and it was the same there. Introduced in one of the recent 1-3 updates. 

edit: observed with the Hornet, the other guy on the same flight had the same issue

Edited by durp

En 24/6/2022 a las 20:25, durp dijo:

Same issue here, if you are off centerline to the right it turns the lights off, and when using the overlay it disappears from screen.

It comes back at some point, probably as soon as you hit the centerline again. 

I'm having the same issue and it does come back when on CL again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also seeing the IFLOLS itself disappearing, not just the overlay. I suspect it's the same root cause.  

It happens in both VR and 2D and with both the supercarrier and the default carrier as is stated elsewhere.  There's got to be something with the underlying IFLOLS/meatball code.

• Like 1

Someone is with similar issue but with IFLOLS itself (not the overlay):

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, still there. I did some Case 1 recoverys and the iflols appears for a short time when going into the groove then disappears completley (Overlay and on the Ship). After making the Ball Call it takes some seconds to come on again. Very distracting. I hope this will be looked into.

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep. One of those bugsfixes (together with this)I hoped would come with 2.8. Well, maybe it gets fixed with the next hotfix.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard