What has happened to the update ?

Mizzy
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

From the latest entry in official news:

As previously announced, this year will see substantial extra resources allocated to improve the DCS Core and address longstanding bugs on the UH-1H, Mi-8MTV,  F-5E, and more. Please stay tuned for upcoming details.

Edited by Bucic

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 4:47 PM, Malakhit said:

To be honest, now that the throttle position bug is fixed, the biggest priority for me is the broken RWR logic.

Could you post a link to the bug report? I'm interested whether there's a workaround since the RWR is one ofe THE main strengths of F-5E.

Edited by Bucic

• 2 months later...

Came looking for update on this topic. Bought the F-5 last year, planning to fly it and play a single player campaign once I've finished my F-18 and Spitfire content. Almost there. Was hoping for some improved visuals by the time I got around to serious flying.

On 6/11/2023 at 6:06 AM, DimSim said:

Came looking for update on this topic.

Wondering the same myself, 6 months ago Wags said that the F-5E update was in the works but it was too early to share anything. Wondering if anything has happened since then or if it got shelved again 

• Like 3

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

There was a newsletter... a year or so ago? That mentioned the wing AIM-9 drag as an improvement point.

Right now if you pull >15 AoA with only a single AIM-9 on the wing, it basically flips the aircraft sideways from the drag induced. You have to put in full opposite stick and a lot of rudder to compensate.

1 hour ago, jaguara5 said:

''flight dynamics modelling''. Do we have any comment from ED what changes will be made in the FM?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Malakhit said:

Looks like we've had some more updates today. Curious to know what everyone thinks - I'd still like the RWR to be addressed as the highest priority, but I can't say I'm unhappy about the love it got today!

I could give it a bump. You mean this one?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

I could give it a bump. You mean this one?

There's also this one. It seems like the f5 RWR (and other similar RWRs) isn't prioritizing missile launch warnings.

Edited by Sarowa
link added
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

With slighty updated weapons and bug fixing this would be interesting module, could buy along PG or SA maps, not asking for AIM 120, becouse this is would be too advanced upgrade and i dont even think healthy one, but AIM 9 L or M, defiinitely Shrikes and some Chinese/Russian basic weapons on Iranian f-5s  would be fair and realistic

29 minutes ago, Ramius007 said:

With slighty updated weapons and bug fixing this would be interesting module

You find it not interesting as it is?  .. I fully enjoyed this module while I flown it some years ago, but I must say that I have zero interest on a non-standard updated one, in spite that my country operates heavily modified F-5's .. I'd rather spend my money on upcoming aircrafts, like the Fiat G-91, the F-104, the F-4, the AH-1, and the F-100.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I m new to DCS, F-5 looked like interesting first full fidelity module, I have FC3 and i was toying around with free Skyhawk, but with so restricted loadout F-5 looks too limited and not really realistic, weapons we get looks liike very early model, or not even this (lack of Shrikes)

On 11/11/2023 at 7:41 PM, Rudel_chw said:

You find it not interesting as it is?

I second this. I don't understand why we would "need" an updated version. The one we have is perfect as is. It just needs a new cockpit with correct geometry in VR, new textures and perhaps some bugfixes. If the existing systems/FM get looked at in order to make it more realistic (if that is needed), all the better.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I m new to DCS, F-5 looked like interesting first full fidelity module, I have FC3 and i was toying around with free Skyhawk, but with so restricted loadout F-5 looks too limited and not really realistic, weapons we get looks liike very early model, or not even this (lack of Shrikes)
Why don't you just make a wish? Christmas is just around the corner!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

On 11/11/2023 at 4:09 PM, Ramius007 said:

F-5 looks too limited and not really realistic

realistic? You realize that the F-5E dates from the mid seventies? … fitting it with 4 sidewinders, Maverick or shrikes is what would certainly be unrealistic. I’m perfectly happy with this aircraft as represented on DCS, if you want a better armed aircraft then purchase a more modern one, like the F-15E

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 11/11/2023 at 7:41 PM, Rudel_chw said:

You find it not interesting as it is?  .. I fully enjoyed this module while I flown it some years ago, but I must say that I have zero interest on a non-standard updated one, in spite that my country operates heavily modified F-5's .. I'd rather spend my money on upcoming aircrafts, like the Fiat G-91, the F-104, the F-4, the AH-1, and the F-100.

F-5E even if entered service in the 70's, is still operated to this day by many countries, issue with F-5E loadout is rather DCS systemic than module related, thare are plenty of weapons after 1970 that were added without ingerention into or with little ingeretion into avionics. System with no timeline based loadouts limit content per module, you are more or less forced into playing very narrow window of time, and again some weapons are just missing, even for 70's time, maybe we get Shrikes for F-5E after Phantom realese somehow, free A-4 mod have Shrikes, very far from being game changer gameplay wise, with like maybe 20% accuracy at best, but at least give option that was historically availble and reflect historical effectivnes of the weapon, or lack of it 🙂 Again, nobody is asking for Amraams, Maverics and other stuff that require new FCS, HUD and MFD's to work, just really basic weapons, like ungaided munitions and slighty more modern Sidewinders, even Aim 9L would be an upgrade.

• Like 3

On 11/13/2023 at 12:44 AM, NineLine said:

I hope we will share some news on this soon and what it will entail, sorry for the wait. 

Thanks @NineLine appreciate you always following up with us on this module! We love it and can't wait to see what's in store. Cheers!

• Like 1

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

On 11/13/2023 at 6:44 AM, NineLine said:

I hope we will share some news on this soon and what it will entail, sorry for the wait. 

That would have overshadowed the 2.9 release for me personally! Not the clouds maybe but 2.9, for sure  😉

On 11/12/2023 at 1:25 PM, Rudel_chw said:

realistic? You realize that the F-5E dates from the mid seventies? … fitting it with 4 sidewinders, Maverick or shrikes is what would certainly be unrealistic. I’m perfectly happy with this aircraft as represented on DCS, if you want a better armed aircraft then purchase a more modern one, like the F-15E

While shrikes would be completely a-historical, Taiwan and Saudi Arabia used EO Mavericks on their F-5Es for a long time. If the F-5E is going to get a full rework on the level of the A-10C II and Ka-50 BS 2/3, I would shoot for one of those. Mission maker option for x4 winders, and EO mavericks (in addition to the long standing bugs and inaccuracies of the current offering) would be well worth it, and would better place the F-5E in DCS as its most advanced and capable version that saw the most service outside the USA. The F-5E we currently have in game is a bit of a franken-plane Swiss re-export back to USN for aggressor training, but it's what ED/BST could get a full document/performance library for, so its what we got in DCS.

• Like 1