TGP external model not moving

ChuckJäger

I haven't noticed this before today's patch - but the TGP model appears to be stuck in a forward looking position - even though it's working fine in (moving) in the cockpit. 

Sorry, no track file this time.

• Like 1

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Noticed that no matter where you slew the TPOD, it does not move from the forward facing position in external view. Stowing it stows it on the MFD and shows STBY in all modes, however it also remains in the forward facing position as well in the external view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi, 

this is a known issue and reported already. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 months later...

On the F-16, after a recent update, the TGP rotation animation stopped working for me. The TGP itself works well, but the external model always looks straight ahead. Even if I change TGP to STBY mode. Or turn off the power completely. It doesn't matter if I launch the plane already in the air or on the ground. Before the update everything was working fine. Does anyone know how to solve this?

P.S. Unfortunately, I speak English very badly. That's why I use google translator. I hope you understand me.

1e.png1i.png

2e.png 2i.png

3-1i.png3-2i.png3e.png

4-2i.png4-1i.png4e.png

-

16 hours ago, JeRe said:

On the F-16, after a recent update, the TGP rotation animation stopped working for me. The TGP itself works well, but the external model always looks straight ahead. Even if I change TGP to STBY mode. Or turn off the power completely. It doesn't matter if I launch the plane already in the air or on the ground. Before the update everything was working fine. Does anyone know how to solve this?

P.S. Unfortunately, I speak English very badly. That's why I use google translator. I hope you understand me.

hello. welcome to the forum. this was reported and i believe it has not been corrected. (your google english is just fine) 🙂

Edited by silverdevil
  • Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• ED Team

the bug is just the model's animation not working, the pod itself works 

It is reported

threads merged

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve noticed when you select STBY on the TGP it will show the video goes blank, however the pod outside will not move to the stowed position. I’m pretty sure it is supposed to.

Oops, forgot to mention this is using MT version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 4 months later...

I don't know if it is just me or the I'm doing something wrong. The guide says that for takeoff and landing you should put the targeting pod in standby to stow the pod to prevent damage.  Well I never see the pod in a stowed configuration.  The seeker head unit should be turned 180 degrees so that the glass is facing the back of the pod.  I never see this.  During rearm and refuel and changing the configuration of the aircraft and installing a pod you always see the seeker head with the glass.  Any chance that this can get fixed?

LITENing Pod.jpg

LITENING Seeker.jpg

• Like 1

Looks ok In the A-10C II

Screen_231014_221916.jpg

Latest Open Beta

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus