DCS now supports OpenXR natively

BIGNEWY

4 minutes ago, MarkyMarkUK said:

With 'Use latest preview OpenXR runtime' checked

I think you were confusing his question, which is easy to do with similarly named tools.     OpenXR Toolkit, the other day introduced an update that fixes the motion reprojection problem.  I think you were referring to the microsoft tool.

Are you using this?

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarkyMarkUK said:

With 'Use latest preview OpenXR runtime' checked

That is the Open XR Tools; OXR Toolkit (Quickstart | OpenXR Toolkit (mbucchia.github.io) any version prior to 1.2.4 will cause a failure, if you have motion smoothing or turbo mode enabled.  

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

There's always a bit of confusion... thank you both above for commenting.

OpenXR TOOLKIT was technically first to bear the name, until OpenXR Developer Tools for WMR was renamed OpenXR TOOLS for WMR, which created a lot of confusion 😞

• Like 1

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

7 minutes ago, metalnwood said:

I think you were confusing his question, which is easy to do with similarly named tools.     OpenXR Toolkit, the other day introduced an update that fixes the motion reprojection problem.  I think you were referring to the microsoft tool.

Are you using this?

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

Argh, I *was* talking about OpenXR Tools because that's all I had but, I've just downloaded OpenXR Toolkit v1.2.4 and will give it a try.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

No problem, and we have a great community here, always helping each other out and sharing new info and workarounds.

I am sure there will be wore tweaks to come, we also want to move away from command lines in the future as not everyone is tech savy. 

thanks

Yes having those options built into the game GUI would be most awesome.

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Alienware and AWCC folks, the AWCC library will not force the new DCS desktop shortcut with the   --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR you'll have use the desktop DCS shortcut to enable the native oxr. Although AWCC will still activate your thermal / overclock profiles. I think by adding DCS in the game library it only embeds the DCS.exe and not the  --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR command. 

I'm gtg ! 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 1/28/2023 at 9:40 AM, T-Pickle said:

The same happend to me. Was using Oculus VR standalone before. After the patch it swapped to OpenXR (weirdly with the SteamVR home screen), then after the hotfix it seemed to be back to Oculus VR, but performance is still worse like it was when it switched to OpenXR. When I enable Asynchronous Spacewarp (Oculus Motion Reprojection) now in Oculus VR mode it behaves exactly like it did with OpenXR, as in it does not work and rather decreases performance even more with more stutters.

I went so far as to install standalone DCS, but it made absolutely no difference in Oculus VR mode.

The really weird thing is that when I launch DCS from Steam in SteamVR mode, everything actually seems smoother.  The problem is that in SteamVR mode, I get this constant tracking jitter that I don't get in Oculus VR mode.  But anyway, that would seem to me to indicate that something is still interceeding between Oculus and DCS, even if you chose Oculus VR mode.

I'm using Quest Pro and can't see Motion Reprojection option in OpenXR toolkit System menu. Is it related to Quest Pro or RTX2080ti ?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

15 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

I had a very similar issue with a G1, it started with Half Life Alyx and after 10 mins or so one eye of the headset would go grey then come back intermittently. It turned out to be the cable and HP replaced it under warranty. 
Touching wood, the same G1 is working perfectly with DCS and native OpenXR support.

Maybe youre right. I reseated the plug into the HMD and for now I have not witness this again. I will keep my eyes on this. Thx.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb WarthogOsl:

I went so far as to install standalone DCS, but it made absolutely no difference in Oculus VR mode.

The really weird thing is that when I launch DCS from Steam in SteamVR mode, everything actually seems smoother.  The problem is that in SteamVR mode, I get this constant tracking jitter that I don't get in Oculus VR mode.  But anyway, that would seem to me to indicate that something is still interceeding between Oculus and DCS, even if you chose Oculus VR mode.

Not sure if you saw my other post, but one of my issues that added to the confusion was that I never really had pure OpenXR mode. Due to a DLL that I forgot to delete OpenXR could not launch and DCS fell back to OpenVR, which in turn used SteamVR. So check the DCS log if it actually says OpenXR for you. Just another thing to consider. While I still don't feel the performance in pure FPS is better, OpenXR seems to have lower latency for me compared to native Oculus. So perhaps you would get the "smoother feeling" you noticed in SteamVR, but without the jitter if you run OpenXR?

vor 11 Minuten schrieb HiWay:

I'm using Quest Pro and can't see Motion Reprojection option in OpenXR toolkit System menu. Is it related to Quest Pro or RTX2080ti ?

As far as I understood it from one day of usage is that Motion Reprojection is only available for WMR headsets. Oculus uses Asynchronous Space Warp (ASW), which you can force in the Oculus Debug Tool prior to launching DCS in OpenXR mode. But for me ASW does cause extreme stutters in any mode since the patch (no matter if native Oculus, OpenXR or OpenVR/SteamVR), so I actually ensure it is disabled in the Debug Tool every time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zebra1-1 said:

Just got over the 24hr wait period for my first post, but I just joined to give a massive shoutout to @BIGNEWY and @mbucchia. I am super excited to have native OpenXR, despite the bumps in the road. Bugs are easy to deal with, and it was a non issue rolling back to OpenComposite. I know you both probably put a lot of time (even personal time) into finding a resolution for these minor bugs. I've seen a lot frustration and rudeness by community members (not just here), but not much feedback/support to help the situation.

So again, just a big thank you to you folks and and the surprise native OpenXR support. Very much appreciated. 

Agree.  Kudos to ED for making this happen .

Not a pressing issue but was wondering if there could be some GUI checkbox in the future for the general DCS users ?  The command line option seems more for advanced users .

🍻once again ! Good progress !

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, RTX 4090, DCS working nicely in OpenXR with the wrap.

Do you guys recommend Open XR tool kit?

Reason I ask its because I would like to lock the FPS at 60 or 75, I feel 45FPS (which you can lock with Varjo software) for flight sims during dogfights does not feel smooth.

6 hours ago, HiWay said:

These options only apply to Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/other-features.html#motion-reprojection

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

14 minutes ago, mbucchia said:

These options only apply to Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/other-features.html#motion-reprojection

For Oculus headsets, it's called ASW (asynchronous space warp). You don't enable it in OpenXR toolkit, you enable it in the Oculus debug tool, which is in the same directory where the Oculus desktop software is installed. To turn it on, set it to auto. It will then run whenever it's needed. You can also use the Oculus tray tool if you have that.

I've tried it using both the DCS and open composite versions of OpenXR, and it's worked for both since this whole DCS OpenXR saga began! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

2 hours ago, motoadve said:

Varjo Aero, RTX 4090, DCS working nicely in OpenXR with the wrap.

Do you guys recommend Open XR tool kit?

Reason I ask its because I would like to lock the FPS at 60 or 75, I feel 45FPS (which you can lock with Varjo software) for flight sims during dogfights does not feel smooth.

OXRTK yes but for other reasons such as post processing, fixed foveated rendering, performance tracking, etc.

In general you want to lock to the framerates that are within the multiplication factors of your headset’s frequency (1:2, 1:3, 1:4, etc.).  The Varjo Aero is fixed at 90 Hz refresh, so you would want to lock at 45, or 30 for gameplay smoothness if you cannot hit 90.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

25 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

3dmigoto has a fix for it 

Yes....found a long ago best settings and hardware so far is:

OpenXR / Composite + Motion reprojection + HP G2 + 3DMogoto Mod (if you need setting file let me know + helps with helicopter props to hide)

DCS High settings and (multiplayer average 35-45 per eye, single / compagne - 45+)! Great visuals, sharpnes and performace - finaly enjoy game

I9-12900KF (overclock performance core 5.3ghz, efficent core 4.7), Asus z690 Hero + 32GB DDR5 6400 + 2tb 980 pro nvme + Asus strix 3090 + customer water cool

10 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

3dmigoto has a fix for it 

Is it GCI on or off?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Is it GCI on or off?

Ground control intercept???

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Global Cockpit Illumination. 😄

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.