DCS now supports OpenXR natively

BIGNEWY

4 hours ago, Sr. said:

Yep... I'm well versed in using OXR/OXR toolkit etc. This is something new.

Pretty sure it's related to the NeckSafer app.

Could be.  I find it interferes with the head stabilization stuff, there's probably other things it isn't playing nicely with.

Am 28.2.2023 um 13:03 schrieb DishDoggie:

Thank You for way better info Good Job

Make sure you Read the above Quote from @Biggus he add some very Good info about this I didn't know about and I also did clear my WMR environment also but forgot I did that.

FOV.jpg

Just testet, the "External field of view" has no effect in VR, only in 2D.
I think the only thing you can do is to change the Force IPD Distance.

Edited by Rufuz64

1 hour ago, Rufuz64 said:

Just testet, the "External field of view" has no effect in VR, only in 2D.
I think the only thing you can do is to change the Force IPD Distance.

The Force IPD Distance changes the world scale. I have mine set 55 or 56 for the Hornet/Viper, higher numbers make the world and cockpit smaller (default i think is 63).

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, yogipol said:

Since the introduction of 2.8 I stopped playing DCS. The performance of the game has dropped to a level that I am not able to accept. BETA has always been a "training ground" for new solutions, but now even STABLE does not give joy from playing in VR. I spent a lot of money on DCS add-ons, but spending more is pointless, because you cannot play in VR without having a headache...

I'll keep checking the forum here and hope to see better times for VR enthusiasts like me.

It's time for a spin on F-16...but not the one from DCS...

What are you system Specs 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 2/6/2023 at 5:56 PM, j9murphy said:

I think the upside down and backwards problem was determined to be a problem with XRNeckSafer - assuming you are using that.  To fix that problem select "Deactivate XRNS OpenXR API Layer" from the OpenXR menu in necksafer

So necksafer working in DCS . ?

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

So necksafer working in DCS . ?
It works for me.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Is anyone with an AMD 6x50-card (mine is a 6950) having the same problems as I do?

Unless I use the 22.5 driver (actually the oldest to support my 6950) I get grey flickering on one eye. Tested almost all newer driver since 22.8 up to 23.3 but all had this problem.

Using the Opencomposite-way, I dont get the flicker, but instead at times bad stuttering.

SteamVR has no problems but works as bad as always before.

Win10 caused those flickers to come back recently since it updated the driver to a newer version. So I had to reinstall 22.5 and block windows from updating drivers in the background.

Other than that, Im pretty happy with DCS right now. I lowered my settings and set OpenXR-resolution to 45% (which is around the native res if my G2). Now I can enjoy DCS in most situations (usually A-10 on Caucasus, PG or Syria in singleplayer) with 90Hz. Aliasing is quite visible now, but thats a ok-tradeoff for me.

^

FYI

23.3.1 just dropped.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On the latest driver. I had disabled openxr toolkit a while ago because I wasn't using it anymore (in the companion app for dcs.exe). I re-enabled it and the flickering has gone away. I am not using any upscaling/sharpening. I've double checked it (a couple of cycles to disable again and it definitely brought back the flickering) and it seems to solve this issue for me. I have no idea why. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

^

FYI

23.3.1 just dropped.

Tested 23.3 yesterday. No change. Still flicker. Only 22.5 works for me without flicker.

1 hour ago, Habu-z said:

Getting the same thing. Haven't tried much troubleshooting yet. Will try the driver rollback. 6800xt

Had a 6800XT before and did not experience the flicker-problems with newer drivers. But with the  6800XT I (other than testing) mostly used the 22.3 driver (that does not support the 6x50-cards) since it felt the smootest when capping fps to 45/47. Going to full 90fps did not work for me with the 6800XT as it does now with the 6950.

Edited by Wali763

RX6800 here had flickering at start when loading in . But stopped once in cockpit VR . 23.2.2 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Hello everyone,

I can't get rid of steam VR although I have edited the command line in my DCS shortcut as mentioned with --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR.

Open XR seems to be working fine since I've used it in FS2020 but no matter what, DCS always launches steam VR...

Any ideas?

For information, I use a reverb g2

Edited by GrandG

AMD Ryzen7900X ; 64GB RAM; RTX3090ti; HP Reverb G2, Warthog stick + throttle 

2 minutes ago, GrandG said:

Hello everyone,

I can't get rid of steam VR although I have edited the command line in my DCS shortcut as mentioned with --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR.

Open XR seems to be working fine since I've used it in FS2020 but no matter what, DCS always launches steam VR...

Any ideas?

are you still pointing to the updater ... or have you changed it to dcs.exe

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The shortcut points to the /bin dcs.exe

Is there a difference between the stable and open beta version?

Edited by GrandG

AMD Ryzen7900X ; 64GB RAM; RTX3090ti; HP Reverb G2, Warthog stick + throttle 

Seems that PimaxXR is broken.  I have tried 0.3.0 and 0.3.2 and both have the same issue:  HMD tracking is screwed up in Menus.

Once in the cockpit, all is good and performance is great.  But, when in the menus, it wobbles like crazy.

Using SteamVR has no issue, running fine.  The issue has been reported on discord to @mbucchia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

For those of you who can't use motion reprojection always on with native openXR (else the UI freezes), I had the same issue (reverb G2) even with the latest patch. The only fix for me was to replace the openvr_api.dll in the bin with that from opencomposite.

Not anymore: I turned on openXR toolkit and I now can have motion reprojection always on with the native openXR. Just in case it helps anyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonfor said:

For those of you who can't use motion reprojection always on with native openXR (else the UI freezes), I had the same issue (reverb G2) even with the latest patch. The only fix for me was to replace the openvr_api.dll in the bin with that from opencomposite.

Not anymore: I turned on openXR toolkit and I now can have motion reprojection always on with the native openXR. Just in case it helps anyone else.

Yes,  version 1.2.4 of the OpenXR Toolkit fixed it. It needs to be running for motion reprojection to work

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

On 3/11/2023 at 6:09 PM, GrandG said:

Hello everyone,

Any ideas?

Make sure you are opted for the open beta.

14 hours ago, greyeagle787 said:

Hi All, Been running OpenComposite with my G2. When I change to the new Native DCS OpenXR and MT command launch prompts, will that override OpenComposite or do I have to uninstall it first? Thanks!

Opencomposite is not required anymore since DCS has native support for OpenXR.  Opencomposite is a bridge to use OpenXR runtine with an OpenVR application.  You should simply remove the mod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

Two questions please.

If using a Reverb G2 and Multithreading do I still need to change the command line to force enable VR?

I am also having problems at least with the "always on" in OpenXR toolkit for Windows Mixed Reality.How do I run reprojection now?

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

30 minutes ago, Willie Nelson said:

Two questions please.

If using a Reverb G2 and Multithreading do I still need to change the command line to force enable VR?

I am also having problems at least with the "always on" in OpenXR toolkit for Windows Mixed Reality.How do I run reprojection now?

I have G2 with Steam version of DCS. You can remove the command line now as MT Preview does it for you.

Make sure you have latest version of OpenXR Toolkit, 1.2.4 think. Run reprojection from there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MarkyMarkUK said:

I have G2 with Steam version of DCS. You can remove the command line now as MT Preview does it for you.

Make sure you have latest version of OpenXR Toolkit, 1.2.4 think. Run reprojection from there.

Thank you very much, I forgot we were even using it. Would you know if the OpenXR toolkit reprojection setting overides the OpenXR for Windows Mixed Reality reprojection setting?

Again, thanks for your help.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

5 minutes ago, Willie Nelson said:

Would you know if the OpenXR toolkit reprojection setting overides the OpenXR

The Toolkit merely changes the OpenXR settings.  From the guide:

• Motion reprojection (only with Windows Mixed Reality): Enable overriding the Motion Reprojection mode. Default means to use the system settings (from the OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality).
    • Lock motion reprojection (only with Windows Mixed Reality, when Motion Reprojection is forced to On😞 Disable automatic motion reprojection adjustment, and lock the frame rate to the desired fraction of the refresh rate.

Edited by Glide
  • Like 1