Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

It's not about pre-order date slipping at all, for most people this won't make any significant change in their wallet.

It's about a way you communicate with audience (future customers) and keep your authority.

No matter what they thought promotion should look like to boost the sales, they are about to loose a lot of credibility stack they need for more important milestones like getting EA and CTU stages. Project manager should be aware of that whole the time and act accordingly.

• Like 4

Looks like pre-order will take place after the release 😄😄 

• Like 17

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This is like radioactive decay half life.

At first half life, you're down to 50%, then an equal amount of time to get to 25, and equal to get 12.5 and equal to get to 6.25. Etc etc. And by the time you're actually down to zero. It's suddenly February 2024.

• Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• YoYo changed the title to Pre-order, 17th of February’23
29 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

This is like radioactive decay half life.

At first half life, you're down to 50%, then an equal amount of time to get to 25, and equal to get 12.5 and equal to get to 6.25. Etc etc. And by the time you're actually down to zero. It's suddenly February 2024.

Well... We're down from "Two Weeks TM" to "Two Days". So hopefully it trends downwards a little faster than that.

• Like 2

Saitek X52 | 4770k@4.3GHz | MSI 1080GTX Armor OC | TrackIR 5

No difference since after this step, the ETA of step 2 is still an unknown.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

If you can manage to bungle a pre order release date this badly then I can only imagine the future string of broken promises on features and performance in store for this module. It's either that or you just enjoy trolling people like some  edgelord in a pre Y2K chatroom. 

Either way, I went from a day one buy to let's see how this actually goes.

Congratulations though, I didn't think there was any way to possibly talk me out of getting this module until just now.

• Like 8

Unfortunately, this is a bit incomprehensible, because the pre-order was announced a quite long time ago (January), so both Razbam and ED knew for a long time that, for example, on 3.02 they should announce something, then on 15.02, now today we know about 17th (and we talk only about ... news/info+pre rder option on the website). That would mean someone didn't do their homework on time. However, the time of release is puzzling, in that case, since they are postponing the pre order, we will probably not see Strike Eagle soon. But what are these two days compared to 11 years, because let me remind you that the mentions that Razbam is already making the F-15E for DCS .... come from September 2012:chair:

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well, poor planning and/or poor project management are likely to blame, from my little experience. Generating anticipation by giving an ETA, fine, but failure to meet the date, of course, generates backslash.

• Like 8

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

20 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

poor project management are likely to blame

I agree. This is straight up my professional wheelhouse, and my 'spidey sense' is tingling. In this business, you can always move a publicly announced deadline - once. And if you do, you move it in a way that you can keep it. Come hell or high water, you keep that deadline. Should the impossible happen, and you blow it twice in the public eye, you better be prepared to own up and give some damn good reasons, even if they are painful: you are losing credibility fast, and the only way to stop that is with some good old confidence-inspiring transparency. "Reasons beyond anyone's control" does not cut it; RB are quickly becoming the butt of jokes. Worse: postponing by two days is a big Red Flag for anyone in the business: Missing a deadline by 48 hours on something this visible and after a multi-month (in this case even years) crunch simply doesn't happen: the delay is too small to matter. You either could have made the deadline (in which case postponing is a rookie mistake) or you won't make the new deadline either because too much is awry. 

I would have expected better from RB - this isn't their first rodeo, and inability to learn from past mistakes is a bad trend. I'm giving RB the benefit of doubt here, and hope that this unforced error is merely attributed to a junior project manager up over their ears. RB are needlessly inflicting pain on themselves and are burning goodwill fast; let's hope only temporarily, and that they kick that habit quickly.

Well, two more days of wine for me.

• Like 8

It`s just PREORDER not RELEASE. Officcial news post reveals no particular date and even tells  that realease will be someehere in a few month later. So whats the hype about preorder? I doubt, that RAZBAM will anounce particular release date at 17/02.

47 минут назад, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants сказал:

Well, poor planning and/or poor project management are likely to blame, from my little experience. Generating anticipation by giving an ETA, fine, but failure to meet the date, of course, generates backslash.

I don`t think it`s poor planning or management. As far as i know RAZBAM is a small company, which is trying to make a good module. And i dont think that they have some kind of deadline(like release CoD before Battlefield for instance). About backslash, what are you talking about? You won't buy when the module will came out after waiting for 10 years?

• ED Team

Folks appreciate you are disappointed about the date shifting of the pre-order, but please try to understand they would not have delayed unless they absolutely needed to. 

Please keep the feedback civil and thank you for being patient. 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

11 minutes ago, cfrag said:

I agree. This is straight up my professional wheelhouse, and my 'spidey sense' is tingling. In this business, you can always move a publicly announced deadline - once. And if you do, you move it in a way that you can keep it. Come hell or high water, you keep that deadline. Should the impossible happen, and you blow it twice in the public eye, you better be prepared to own up and give some damn good reasons, even if they are painful: you are losing credibility fast, and the only way to stop that is with some good old confidence-inspiring transparency. "Reasons beyond anyone's control" does not cut it; RB are quickly becoming the butt of jokes. Worse: postponing by two days is a big Red Flag for anyone in the business: Missing a deadline by 48 hours on something this visible and after a multi-month (in this case even years) crunch simply doesn't happen: the delay is too small to matter. You either could have made the deadline (in which case postponing is a rookie mistake) or you won't make the new deadline either because too much is awry. 

I would have expected better from RB - this isn't their first rodeo, and inability to learn from past mistakes is a bad trend. I'm giving RB the benefit of doubt here, and hope that this unforced error is merely attributed to a junior project manager up over their ears. RB are needlessly inflicting pain on themselves and are burning goodwill fast; let's hope only temporarily, and that they kick that habit quickly.

Well, two more days of wine for me.

The "drama"... Someone remember the "where are my F/A-18C / F-16C / AH-64 / Mi-24?".... someone like repeat the F-16 "fiasco" by early release?

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Just now, Silver_Dragon said:

The "drama"... Someone remember the "where are my F/A-18C / F-16C / AH-64 / Mi-24?".... someone like repeat the F-16 "fiasco"?

That's pretty much the point, isn't it? We always hope that companies learn, and do not repeat past mistakes. If this is an F-16 caliber mistake, two days will not correct that, so I'm hopeful that this is just an unfortunate, badly misfiring judgement call. We'll see in two days, and I'm still rooting for RB (after all, I own all their other modules). 

• Like 4

I'm not a fan of how they've gone about this, at all. From the constant shifting of dates, to releasing stuff in chronological order that mirrors the jets' actual development (if I've got that right) they've scored an own goal with me. I'll certainly get it, there's no doubt about that. But I'll not be 'pre-ordering' it. I'll probably get it a few weeks into early access.

• Like 2

i7 12700, 3070ti, 64GB Orion 2 F16EX grip and throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals

How some people can become so worked up about a postponed PRE-ORDER date is beyond me.

Even worse are those who place all kinds of judgements on Razbam without having any clue obviously.

And why do the most aggressive attacks always come from people who have barely double digit posts? When complaints make up more than 30% of your overall posts one should reconsider the priorities imho.

• Like 5

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 minutes ago, Hiob said:

How some people can become so worked up about a postponed PRE-ORDER date is beyond me.

Even worse are those who place all kinds of judgements on Razbam without having any clue obviously.

And why do the most aggressive attacks always come from people who have barely double digit posts? When complaints make up more than 30% of your overall posts one should reconsider the priorities imho.

I'm not judging them, I like them, a lot, I have two of their other modules. They're a great developer, imo.

I'm giving what I think is reasonable criticism, on the face of the information I have.

If there's a valid reason for the delay, fair do's.

I don't think what I said is 'aggressive', really. And my low post count does not disqualify me from expressing my opinion, or said criticism. 

Edited by PluckyUnderdog
Addition of a sentence
  • Like 2

i7 12700, 3070ti, 64GB Orion 2 F16EX grip and throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals

It makes sense as its Friday and that's newsletter day, just odd that we get pre order dates at all. There are no wins there - just post when ready? The history is that generally there are always release delays which can be disappointing. I always wondered why they didn't just get it ready for release, then post a date X days in the future and sit on it, maybe software don't work like that...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cfrag said:

That's pretty much the point, isn't it? We always hope that companies learn, and do not repeat past mistakes. If this is an F-16 caliber mistake, two days will not correct that, so I'm hopeful that this is just an unfortunate, badly misfiring judgement call. We'll see in two days, and I'm still rooting for RB (after all, I own all their other modules). 

We have delayes on early access and releases modules from 2012 by ED and other 3rd parties, and the "badly misfiring judgement call" has none to do...

Edited by Silver_Dragon

3 minutes ago, PluckyUnderdog said:

I'm not judging them, I like them, a lot, I have two of their other modules. They're a great developer, imo.

My post wasn't aimed at you in particular. 🤗 There seem to be a shortage on chill-pills in general lately.... 😜

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"