With DCS: F-15E, we need Iraq

CheckGear

From top of my head, and please correct me If I'm wrong, in the proposed map the following flyable (or soon to be) DCS planes and helos have fought:

- MiG-21: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Iraq

- MiG-23: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Iraq

- MiG-29: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Iraq

- Su-25: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Iraq

- Mirage F1: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. (This one also fought with some coallition countries during ODS) Iraq, Qatar, France, Kuwait

- Mi-24: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Iraq

- Mi-8: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Iraq

- Bo-105 : Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Iraq

- F-5E: Iran-Iraq War. Iran, RSAF

- F-4E: Iran-Iraq War. Iran 

- F-14A and B:  Iran-Iraq War, Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. (again, used in Iran during first Gulf War and for the USN during Desert Shield and ODS). Iran, USN

- F-15C: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. USAF, RSAF

- F-16C: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. USAF

- F/A-18C: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. USN, Australia

- A-7E: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. USN

- F-15E: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. USA

- A-10: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom (A-10C). USA

- Uh-1H Huey: Iran-Iraq War, Desert Shield, Desert Storm. Iran, US Army

- S-342 Gazelle: Iran-Iraq War, Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. (This one also fought with some coallition countries during ODS). Iraq, British Army, France

- Ah-64 Apache: Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. US Army

- Oh-58 Kiowa: Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. US Army

- Av-8B Night Attack: Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. USMC

- Mirage 2000: Desert Shield, Desert Storm. France

- Tornado IDS: Desert Storm. UK, RSAF

- A-6E: Desert Storm. USN

And the excellent mods of:

- A-4 Skyhawk: Invasion of Kuwait, Desert Storm. Kuwait

- Uh-60L: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. US Army

The also flyable L-39 was used by Iraq, but IIRC only as a trainer, I've read some reports saying the Iraqis used them during Iran-Iraq war, but cannot 100% confirm it.

I decided to leave out of this the WIP of the F111 and the Jag until released.

In some cases the exact MARK used during those wars and our flyable is not correct, but I think the list is pretty impressive, in fact seeing the list it makes no sense that we still don't have this map. My two cents.

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2023 at 8:58 PM, Stratos said:

From top of my head, and please correct me If I'm wrong, in the proposed map the following flyable (or soon to be) DCS planes and helos have fought:

Also Tornado IDS Desert Storm, A-6E 1980s Tanker War and Desert Storm.

Edited by bies
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Stratos said:

Done. Not that ED cares a single bit.

Well, somehow I want to admit to them (even though it is just guessing to what I admit then^^).

With Sinai coming, I am really saturated on "arid/desert climate zone"-maps.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love an Iraq map, for me it would be the classic one, even before PG and Syria (although I like to operate from Cyprus a lot).
Yet still we don't have it and there is nothing announced towards Iraq, next one for again similar climate zones will be Australia and Afghanistan.

So in some respect, even though I'd take Iraq over mostly everything we already have for that piece of the world, I am really looking forward to other landscapes, like Kola.

• Like 2

Alias in Discord: Mailman

33 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

With Sinai coming, I am really saturated on "arid/desert climate zone"-maps

Yeah, like we like to watch sand so much. We just want to play realistic missions in these areas, that's all.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

the US of A like to bomb deserts like nothing else.... unfortunately... 

and jungles! Therefore the only logical Map (for me) would be 'Nam (/korea/indochina).

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Bananabrai said:

Well, somehow I want to admit to them (even though it is just guessing to what I admit then^^).

With Sinai coming, I am really saturated on "arid/desert climate zone"-maps.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love an Iraq map, for me it would be the classic one, even before PG and Syria (although I like to operate from Cyprus a lot).
Yet still we don't have it and there is nothing announced towards Iraq, next one for again similar climate zones will be Australia and Afghanistan.

So in some respect, even though I'd take Iraq over mostly everything we already have for that piece of the world, I am really looking forward to other landscapes, like Kola.

I agree with you. Even tho the Sinai looks nice, I'm not buying it. The only other desert map that I will ever buy is a proper Desert Storm map.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stratos said:

Done. Not that ED cares a single bit.

I disagree. In reality ED wants more or less what community wants, even if some decisions were not perfect. This dichotomy of us and them doesn't apply here.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

We got Persian Gulf nonsense, when the Simulation for conflicts is in Iraq and Iran Border. 3 Wars in Iraq-Iran map vs non wars at all in South Iran. What a nonsense plan for maps...

Is clear ED is not taking care of the community requests. Who ordered those current maps? Normandy, Persian Gulf and now the new magician idea is the Kola Map.

They look like maps to be prepare for further conflicts been ordered by who? Community never asked for those.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
1 minute ago, pepin1234 said:

We got Persian Gulf nonsense, when the Simulation for conflicts is in Iraq and Iran Border. 3 Wars in Iraq-Iran map vs non wars at all in South Iran. What a nonsense plan for maps...

Is clear ED is not taking care of the community requests. Who ordered those current maps? Normandy, Persian Gulf and now the new magician idea is the Kola Map.

They look like maps to be prepare for further conflicts been ordered by who? Community never asked for those.

You have your opinion and that is fine. We do listen to the community and the many requests we get, sometimes it is not always possible to deliver or some request can take a long time. Please also remember some of the terrains you mention are third party creations and not Eagle Dynamics. Thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, pepin1234 said:

Is clear ED is not taking care of the community requests.

The problem here is, that "community request" is not a clear defined and always coherent item. SOME things, the majority seem to agree on, others not so much. 1000 people, 1001 different opinions. Good luck on fullfilling them. Just by the numbers, I'd say the probability that your particular wishes (or those of any other individual) are met is purely by chance.

It's just a phenomenon of the 21 century, that a lot of people can't seem to deal with that.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, pepin1234 said:

People love the new Normandy map and people are very excited for Kola. Neither of those are ED produced maps anyway. 

You can do a magnificent seven thing. Get a million dollars or wherever it cost to make great DCS map and hire the best of the best to make wherever map you want

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

People love the new Normandy map and people are very excited for Kola. Neither of those are ED produced maps anyway. 
You can do a magnificent seven thing. Get a million dollars or wherever it cost to make great DCS map and hire the best of the best to make wherever map you want
And the Nordics/Kola are one of the most popular map requests in the wishlist as well.
Iraq too of course, but not as much as other non-desert ones.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

In defense of Pepin we must recognize the importance to modern air combat development that ODS had, and how well the current and close future planeset will blend in that terrain, specially If we got something like that that will cover the Iran-Iraq war as well.

lgzk8vwoxnk61.thumb.png.e5ed9f3fb6d45cc38b9156e54a4fa96a.png

• Like 6

5 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Do you need remember someone:Check Six Simulations

1. Normandy was build by a 3rd Party, UgraMedia, from a KickStarter.
  2. Persian Gulf was the second map build by ED with the new map technology after NTTR long time ago, centred on the "2019–2021 Persian Gulf crisis" scenery.
  3. Kola has builded by a new 3rd Party, Orbx as your first map.

And about the actual plans...

1. ED has working on WW2 Marianas (open the Pacific PTO to WW2) and Afganistan (long ago talked, not sure if centred on someone "private" project), and all technology centred on TDK (Terrain develop Kit) and etc.
  2. - 3rd parties has free to select your propper maps:
    1. Check Six Simulations (Australian team) build a Top End Australia. (Australian Theatre).
    2. OnReTech, has build Sinai and move to build a "no sand map".
    3. ORBX (civil simulator map builder) move to build your first map on North Cape (was build someone that zone on the past)
    4. RAZBAM (South American 3rd party) with South Atlantic Map (South America) and I think the next will be "Cenepa War" or "Cuba missile Crysis".
    5. Ugra media was the first 3rd party on build maps, Normandy from the old RRG Studios KS, build Siria and make Normandy 2.0 by comunity request, and actually will be plan a new map...

Will be new 3rd parties coming to DCS to make maps, surelly as actual 3rd parties without map teams in a future (remember the plans of M3 to make Iwo Jima and Heatblur to make a North Atlantic map and Baltic map) or Deka with a India / Pakistan map I think that "claimed" maps (Vietnam / Korea / Irak / Germany Central plains & Danube ) has only a matter of time wil coming to DCS. ED dont force to anithing to make a "dream map / module".

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

3Th party freedom to choose their own map/aircraft to develop is a bad excuse. Only ignorant people can eat that…

We have seen those ghosts independent private company in the pass involved in military tech as well IRL… and we got a real war on that direction…

It’s sad to play with what war is next,  instead use ended wars ideas.

what is the next free to choose 3th party module? SAAB Jas-39 with on road capabilities to be used on all maps or in Kola map?

Be ready for the answer of above. He is not on your side every time.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Silver_Dragon We know the DCS is usually mum on certain projects in development. At the same time, there is some confusion when ED does not reveal information about specific maps. For example, we don't have any definite and clear information on a viet Nam map. The Viet Nam map would be an ideal match for the Mig-21 and the f-4. Yes, myself and others have posted suggestions in the appropriate ED forum for a wish map. While we know ED reads the forum comments, we usually don't know what is done with the information.  For example, a cuban missile crisis campaign map would be another perfect match. When ED says they are developing some requested maps like the ones I discussed above, then the community is more likely to feel engaged because ED is responding to the customers' requests. 

Mike Force Team

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stratos said:

In defense of Pepin we must recognize the importance to modern air combat development that ODS had, and how well the current and close future planeset will blend in that terrain, specially If we got something like that that will cover the Iran-Iraq war as well.

Which is arguably the more interesting scenario, compared to the one sided seal-clubbing that ODS turned out to be.

Some of the more interesting missions flown by Iraq would be farther south and happen pretty much in an area overlapping with the PG map.

• Like 3

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

4 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Some of the more interesting missions flown by Iraq would be farther south and happen pretty much in an area overlapping with the PG map.

We need to find a compromise map we can use for as much scenarios as possible and thinking in the DCS limitations. The map proposed can serve for both wars and for the 90's and 2003 invasion as well.

• Like 1

• ED Team
4 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

3Th party freedom to choose their own map/aircraft to develop is a bad excuse. Only ignorant people can eat that…

We have seen those ghosts independent private company in the pass involved in military tech as well IRL… and we got a real war on that direction…

It’s sad to play with what war is next,  instead use ended wars ideas.

what is the next free to choose 3th party module? SAAB Jas-39 with on road capabilities to be used on all maps or in Kola map?

Be ready for the answer of above. He is not on your side every time.

Lucky for you as a consumer you purchase what you want to, if you do not like a product I am sure you will not purchase and you have lost nothing. 

But thank you for your feedback. 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Lucky for you as a consumer you purchase what you want to, if you do not like a product I am sure you will not purchase and you have lost nothing. 

But thank you for your feedback. 

Exactly. Thats why we are discussing the need to bring a passed conflict map, to use the IRL war happened on this particular area, instead to feed an inexistan war. We don't need that for our world. it's about to bring fun to the public, not hate and death. 

about the freedom to purchase... yes buy the whole Garden of Gethsemane and try to change the world history with your money if you can... we don't need simulate war in a place never happened.

can you help with that or you wanna use your freedom excuse? 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]