CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I tried to replicate this bug, but unfortunately also wasn't able to. I tried the steps provided but for me the problem just not happens. 
Have you guys tried to rename the SavedGames/DCS.openBeta (or whatever it's called on your side) to something different and tried it then with a clean config? Sometimes the configuration files get broken with an update and needs to be reset completely.
Don't delete the old config, just rename it, so you can swap it back if it didn't help. And if it helps, you can copy parts of it (like SavedGames/DCS.openBeta/Config/Input) from your renamed directory.

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, PhilSkyfire said:

I tried to replicate this bug, but unfortunately also wasn't able to. I tried the steps provided but for me the problem just not happens. 
Have you guys tried to rename the SavedGames/DCS.openBeta (or whatever it's called on your side) to something different and tried it then with a clean config? Sometimes the configuration files get broken with an update and needs to be reset completely.
Don't delete the old config, just rename it, so you can swap it back if it didn't help. And if it helps, you can copy parts of it (like SavedGames/DCS.openBeta/Config/Input) from your renamed directory.

I did try remove the SavedGames/DCS folder, but it dosn't help.  Still same problem. Start the game press num Enter, no change in FOV. Press num. 0 , then num Enter change the FOV to more zoom in value as it should be. Tested for Mi-24P, Ka-50II and all of FC3 planes.

Funnily enough, after performing several times the painfully well known Press num. 0 , then num Enter,

now  each time I start a newly saved mission in DCS 2.9.1.48335 Open Beta the view goes properly to the

default view immediately., each time.  At least it is so with the WWII planes, I will test the others.... 

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

12 hours ago, ac5 said:

Funnily enough, after performing several times the painfully well known Press num. 0 , then num Enter,

now  each time I start a newly saved mission in DCS 2.9.1.48335 Open Beta the view goes properly to the

default view immediately., each time.  At least it is so with the WWII planes, I will test the others.... 

Besides confusing "initial FOV" not matching the "default FOV" in many planes, there is a possibility, that your mission file contains saved views. This can further complicate any investigation - if you try it with such a mission. Most proper missions don't do that - as it breaks user's own snap views - but it happens often accidentally. I'm not sure exactly how (perhaps when you fly the mission in the editor?), but long story short - the best practice is NOT to include Config/View directory in the missions except for extremely specific reasons I can't imagine right now. Check your mission whether it's "view-free" not to distort your observations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

16 hours ago, bingbean said:

I did try remove the SavedGames/DCS folder, but it dosn't help.  Still same problem. Start the game press num Enter, no change in FOV. Press num. 0 , then num Enter change the FOV to more zoom in value as it should be. Tested for Mi-24P, Ka-50II and all of FC3 planes.

OK - Thanks. Was just a shot in the dark. For some issues this really helps. Have you tested with the Instant Actions? Or some of yours?

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

Hi virgo47, I mostly strt my missions from the mission editor, though 

though where would I see that my mission file contains saved views?

Mission in question attached. 

Addendum: I have just opened an older mission WITHOUT SAVING IT in DCS 2.9.1.48335 Open Beta

AND the view goes properly to the default view immediately...... 

BF-109-Free-Flight.miz

Edited by ac5

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

4 hours ago, ac5 said:

Hi virgo47, I mostly strt my missions from the mission editor, though 

though where would I see that my mission file contains saved views?

Mission in question attached. 

Addendum: I have just opened an older mission WITHOUT SAVING IT in DCS 2.9.1.48335 Open Beta

AND the view goes properly to the default view immediately...... 

BF-109-Free-Flight.miz 9.39 kB · 3 downloads

Just open the miz file as a ZIP (e.g. Ctrl+PgDn in Total Commander, or rename it to *.zip and open normally). But your mission is fine, there is no Config directory, hence no View subdirectory either. It was just a guess why the behavior might have changed for you. But a bad guess this time. 😉 Did you have any problems with Bf-109 initial/default view before? I don't know/have the plane so I don't know whether it's one of those that is normally OK. I don't even know whether I should expect this initial-vs-default FOV problem to be totally consistent. It should not exist in the first place anyway.

I don't know exactly how the Config/View might appear in the mission, but it is quite regular stuff in user files, and it's good to know that it is easy to fix with MIZ being just a ZIP file. Anyway, wrong lead, back to the topic.

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Well, it is not only the BF,

most of my planes WWII or not seem to work now, they go straight to the default view..

Go figure...... I'll keep on testing...

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

19 minutes ago, Flappie said:

To those who're still having the problem, rename your "SnapViews.lua" file to "SnapViews.lua.bak" (in Saved Games\DCS\Config\View).

And this would solve all the problems? In the meantime, several times the well known Press num. 0 , then num Enter,

now  each time I start a newly saved mission the view goes properly to the

default view immediately, each time, no matter if it is an old or new mission, no matter the plane...... Go figure.... 

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

53 minutes ago, Flappie said:

To those who're still having the problem, rename your "SnapViews.lua" file to "SnapViews.lua.bak" (in Saved Games\DCS\Config\View).

Does this create a new one that works?

Because making the save and recall function work again in game is only half of the solution. Being able to manipulate the view position in a batch by editing the snapview.lua is equally important for some.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

33 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Does this create a new one that works?

Because making the save and recall function work again in game is only half of the solution. Being able to manipulate the view position in a batch by editing the snapview.lua is equally important for some.

It does not. And it don't work. At least for me. The problem is still there. I already try clean up and repair the main folder. Still no fix.

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

This had no effect for me.  Here are repro steps to observe the 'zoom normal' issue:

1) Rename Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua to *.bak to disable
2) Instant Action - UH-1H - Persian Gulf - City Tour
3) Press Zoom Normal
Observe no effect, nothing happens at all on (3).

Workaround:
4) Press Numpad 0
5) Press Zoom Normal
Observe zoom now reset to default for this aircraft.

31 minutes ago, Bedouin said:

is there a way to make it stay in the choosen snapview until i press a different snapview key ???

RCtl + Num0 toggles the snapviews mode,  from held to stay. The binding name is "Cockpit Panel View Toggle"

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

30 minutes ago, Bedouin said:

Hey, when i use snapview i have to keep the key pressed to stay in the view... is there a way to make it stay in the choosen snapview until i press a different snapview key ???

Thanks in advance.

Good shout. I tried a few different keys to see if I could get the snap view ‘locked’. I didn’t work anything out but would obviously like to.

Just now, Rudel_chw said:

RCtl + Num0 toggles the snapviews mode,  from held to stay.

Blimey, that was quick. 😁

Cheers Rudel 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

>>> is there a way to make it stay in the choosen snapview until i press a different snapview key ???

RCtl + Num0 toggles the snapviews mode,  from held to stay. The binding name is "Cockpit Panel View Toggle"

Mind you though, that after this you select the snap view with VIEW keys, not snap-view bindings. At least that's how it works for me.

31 minutes ago, virgo47 said:

Mind you though, that after this you select the snap view with VIEW keys, not snap-view bindings. At least that's how it works for me.

Yes, that's correct behaviour.

On my case, I make use of the snapviews by programming them onto my HOTAS, as the snapviews didn't work well with my headtracking. For TM sticks you can use Target (or Foxy for the TM Cougar), the programming is like this:

Rem ------------------------------------------
Rem Keys for Headtracking & Custom Views
Rem ------------------------------------------

Headtracking_ON-OFF = {RCTL F9}
Snapview_EP13_On = Headtracking_ON-OFF DLY(60) Cockpit_panel_view_toggle  KP9
Snapview_EP13_Off = KP0 Headtracking_ON-OFF
Snapview_Radar_On = Headtracking_ON-OFF DLY(60) Cockpit_panel_view_toggle  KP2
Snapview_Radar_Off = KP0  Headtracking_ON-OFF
Snapview_HUD_On = Headtracking_ON-OFF DLY(60) Cockpit_panel_view_toggle  KP8
Snapview_HUD_Off = KP0  Headtracking_ON-OFF
Snapview_Ck37_On = Headtracking_ON-OFF DLY(60) Cockpit_panel_view_toggle  KP6
Snapview_Ck37_Off = KP0  Headtracking_ON-OFF

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

great, now even the workaround doesnt work anymore, i start fully zoomed out, press Rctrl+Num0 twice, reset the zoom and instead of being at the zoom level my default custom cockpit angle should be it is back to being fully zoomed out. not useable at all.

and the "save cockpit angle" keybind (Ralt+Num0) does not do a thing anymore

@BIGNEWY can you guys look into this (agian)?

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, a little addendum... I reset my default view (with RAlt+Num0) and it seems to work... Does it mean that default views for all the planes "just" need to be re-stored? Other stored snap views actually work fine.

Even after DCS restart the default view re-set for L-39C seems to work fine - even right after the start. But if anything was fixed (because something definitely changed!) I didn't see any "default", "view" or "FOV" mentioned in the release notes.