What do you want the most in DCS?

rogantano

The ability to add troops and wildlife, with usable code referenced, and  args and connectors used.

To allow user made to be added.

The human code was "leaked" a while ago,

In a Patch.

But no longer in the sim folders.

I can not make my animals behave as animals.

Only vehicles.🫢

Support your local Modders!🫡

And YES!

Fix the Normandy train tracks!

@waterman

I LOVE your work!

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

On 10/9/2023 at 3:28 AM, waterman said:

" German Railgun Krupp K5 Leopold "

" British Trains - Steam Locomotives - Wagons and Coaches "

" Trains that actually run on top of the rails in Normandy 2 "

Very Funny how everyone has not noticed the Normandy 2 Trains are sunk into the ground.

I had to go solo and fix it i built my own rolling stock.

Best thing i ever did.

got a link for the train mod 

• Like 1

Hi Hawkeye60

It would be nice if the args and special coding was available to trusted Modders i think it would make life easier for all and not making us feel like hackers of some kind.

Usually first answer to a problem is dissable all mods - i think prevention is better than cure the frantic forum posts i have seen reinstalls and computer rebuilds - just provide clear arg   details and update them please.

Its like an update magic roundabout when things are broken and the same issues are repeated.

I have the Krupp K5 Leopold Rail Gun as a Railway wagon and also as a Tank as you know and several nice Railway items i have created for Normandy 2 .

I have stopped posting any updates to progress are on hold at present.

My trains are on the correct track height and DCS trains are sunk into the tracks so any attempt to create a mixed train looks stupid.

If DCS update the Rolling stock rail position height for all Locomotives wagons and carraiges for each Map that would be fantastic. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 10:28 AM, waterman said:

Very Funny how everyone has not noticed the Normandy 2 Trains are sunk into the ground.

Or maybe one of the mods is doing that? I don't see it reported here: https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1161-bugs-problems/

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

thats just the few i can think of right now:

• Mission Editor:
    • easier Trigger and Task Management, maybe to see dependencies like the attack point or embark markers
    • some sort of debug mode, where you can easily see why sth gets triggered or not
    • static templates (not in the way we have it right now, but like with other units)
    • UNDO function
    • maybe external ME programm so you are able to have 2 missions open at the same time and be able to copy&paste from one to another
    • 3D Map - this would make a lot of things sooooo much easier. right now when i try to build a farp i have place items, start mission to see how it looks and then go back to edit this again. also radar coverage in mountains would be so much easier to guess (maybe just like in tacview)
    • Mouse-Drag select
    • trigger when being spotted
  • IFF would be very cool if implemented to a higher degree
  • Better Documentation: this is more ME related, right now it´s a lot of try&error to see what units are able to do and how to employ things. the dcs manual is a little outdated.
  • More realistic damage models: talking of splash damage, making use of all the different fuzing options (why tf it´s even modelled currently)
  • Working Tarawa Comms
  • AI
    • overall improvements (maybe settings for aggressivenes or "attack target and THEN take evasive actions, in dogfights AI is very passive and in ground attacks they just turn around for different reasons before attacking)
    • realistic flight behaviour (the can move like ufos currently, should have the same limitations as player plane)
    • realistic fuel consumption (this is just annoying to deal with)
  • ATC
  • Weather:
    • possibility to change and CONTROL weather for different areas on the map during the mission. maybe u start in a foggy morning, becoming a sunny day with a short thunderstorm inbetween.

tl,dr: just finish the things already added and give them some love again and quality of life updates.

• Like 5

A Black Lab on a cushion in the Mosquito where the copilot's seat is.

The ability to watch Star Trek on an MFD while flying

The sim to show a digital version of your life flashing before you eyes as you lawn dart in a screaming fiery ball of flames.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

-Enhanced AI

-Better ATC

-World Map

-More WW2 Content, especially Pacific

-FF Planes : Su-22, Su-27/34, MiG-23/25/29/31, F/A-18E/F, F-84

-FF Helicopters : Blackhawk, AH-1W

• Like 1

Waiting for a Su-17/22, Su-34, F/A-18 Super Hornet and F-4F Phantom II

2.jpg

More training mission for the new modules , and more training mission after the new updates to learn about the new fuctionnalities...i only play with half of my modules(fortunately some of them have a complete collection of training missions) because it's really not fun at all to learn only with a 600 pages manual (in a foreign langage for me).

Edited by Mootmoot
  • Like 2

path finding that works

AI who are not super sniper head  shotting pilots in BMP's

Better AI for ground vechs / troops

More Infantry models eg PKM RU gunner, remove the silver surfer dudes, maybe some civilian people models

• Like 3

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

TOP 5 so far:

1. AI [WIP]

2. ATC [planned]

3. moderin-ish redfor aircraft [MiG-29A planned/on hold]

4. weather [WIP]

5. DC [WIP]

I want FF F-15C [not planned].

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Pretty much my list too! 👍🏻

If I wasn't clrear enough - it was not my list but the TOP 5 created from the posts in this thread so far :thumbup:

• Like 1

-more performance for VR players. Also by to the cost to sacrifice eye candy for 2D player (by being able to disable it for VR).

-realistic G-modelling, whithout pilots passing out after 5 seconds of 9G

-modelling of pre-flaring (IR seeker will lock on flares)

-modelling of IR masking behind clouds. ( hiding behind clouds will mask IR signature)

...dynyamic campaign, of course everybody whishes for that, but also for multiplayer.

Edited by darkman222