My Current Situation

dburne

This is very sad and upsetting news. I had many really nice exchanges of messages with Don both here and over on the Virpil forums over the years.

He will be badly missed.  RIP Don.

• Like 4

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I salute and raise my glass in honour 🫡🍻

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

I wasn't aware of Don until I stumbled across a link to this thread over on PointCTRL's Discord, but now I'm sad as hell but impressed by his classy closing efforts.  Now I suppose Don can fly anywhere he wishes..... RIP

P.S.  For whatever reason, everybody I would not mind going, ever seems to go.   EDIT: I am NOT referring to anybody on this or other forums, nor in my personal life.  Just in general, observing the world and the news around me.

Edited by The Superslug
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Superslug said:

P.S.  For whatever reason, everybody I would not mind going, ever seems to go.  

That's a bitter wish ... put those people on the Ignore list, but do not wish for their early departure please.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

IMHO,

A Honor flight  should be set up in his memory.

All may participate.

And have a missing man formation, in full colors.

Flown by his closest friends.

ED could make this a event.

Record the event,

and send a copy to his family.

This not only honors his memory and contribution to this community,

but would show his family what DCS, and this community really meant to him.

I would hope it may help the healing to begin.

Kind words and deeds are healing in times of sorrow.

I know from direct experience having lost two brothers in a short period of time.

Don needs not DCS any longer.

He has been set free to fly upon the wings of LOVE.

Rest easy

RIP

• Like 4

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Very sad news. RIP

• Like 1

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

On 10/29/2023 at 5:49 PM, dburne said:

Hey guys a quick update on my current situation. (have previously been putting this under the DCS Forum)

I will also be posting this in the VR forum as I spend so much time in there. My apologies to Mods if you have to remove it I understand but my wish would be for it to stay. I have many virtual friends that frequent that forum.

Cancer has now spread, was in hospital last three days. They did MRI yesterday; it is now in many places including my spine. Cancer originated in my left lung with a tumor, and also had in 5 nodes in lung). While scan did not cover my head, I suspect based on my inability to think clearly and do things that should be second nature I am pretty sure it is also in brain now.

When time comes if you see I have not posted in a week or longer in VR forum - that is where I spend bulk of my time - have a virtual toast for me, I know I will be in heaven with my family that preceded me - so yeah have a virtual toast remember good ole Don (dburne). Love you guys, and being a part of this forum since the original stand alone Black Shark has been a huge blessing for me.

Thank you gang, it has been a true honor and brought me great enjoyment you all virtually.  May God Bless you all!! I will hang in and continue my posting for as long as I can.

Warmest Regards and Love,

Don B. (dburne)

So sorry to just see this now, Don was a BIG influence on why I got an Aero and setting it up, he will be greatly missed....

• Like 2

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Just a thought, but if Don touched/helped you in some way you can leave a message here for his family. They should know he had MANY friends out in the world.. https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/fl/apopka/donald-burnette-17203992

• Like 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

On 11/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, Rudel_chw said:

That's a bitter wish ... put those people on the Ignore list, but do not wish for their early departure please.

I probably should have elaborated ..... I wasn't referring to people on this or any other forum or even my personal life.  There are many outsiders doing harm out there.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Fly high Don, you will be dearly missed.

• Like 5

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I have been away for a week or so from this forum because I lost a love one and been mourning. I came in to here to read around and then find this terrible lost of dburnes and adds to my sadness. The man has helped me in many ways here in this forum. I wish I caught this earlier to thank him for everything he had guided me through.

Rest in Peace Don 

• Like 5

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Dcs is the best thing in this <profanity>ty life we live today,
but you left us for a better world and GOD promises us that we will soon live without illness and death.
Please prepare the ground for us because one day or another we will all come and join you.
See you soon, comrade, and rest in the palm of his hands while waiting for his promises.
We will always think of you and this is just goodbye.❤️

• Like 4

I missed this post, but reading the final conclusion got me moved.
All the best sir, wherever you are now.

• Like 3

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

It is threads like this that show what a great community we are all a part of.

To pretty much all of us, he was but a name on screen. But the genuine outpouring of sentiment from people far and wide, truly shows the just how - no matter where you are from, no matter your faith, no matter what - we are in essence one big family.

Don would be proud. 🫡

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Has anyone heard from Don recently. I have been very close to him on emails since he has not been well, he helped voice my 'Rise of the Persian Lion 2' Campaign. I'm not getting any more responses from him and thinking the worse. 

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

2 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Has anyone heard from Don recently. I have been very close to him on emails since he has not been well, he helped voice my 'Rise of the Persian Lion 2' Campaign. I'm not getting any more responses from him and thinking the worse. 

He passed away.

https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/fl/apopka/donald-burnette-17203992

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I'm gutted that its actual happened, he was such a great guy and good friend, he worked with me on the campaigns. We exchanged mails weekly during his illness its hard to accept the inevitable has come to pass. " Upwards and Onwards Don", a great friend. 😟

• Like 4

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...

So sad to hear about @dburne's passing. My eyes are full of tears and my heart weighs heavy.

Condolences and all the strength  needed to his family in these dark hours.

And to you Don:

Blue skies and always a third wire.

May you fly with the best up there!

You will be missed here very much.

🥂 cheers Don

Edited by Gripen 4-1
  • Like 3

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

R.I.P. Don

You passed away on my birthday, don't have words.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X