DCS Newsletter discussion 15th December 2023 - Open Beta Progress | AH-64D Radar Report | P-51 Debdens New Campaign

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,

We have been working on an important DCS Open Beta update to close out 2023. This version includes great features such as the Fire Control Radar for the DCS: AH-64D, multiple improvements to the F-16C Viper and many refinements based on your valuable feedback. 

We're very excited to release the first iteration of the AH-64D Fire Control Radar, FCR. We have been hard at work developing this critical component that adds tremendous capability to this already deadly attack helicopter. 

Step into the shoes of a World War II Mustang pilot as you embark on a series of challenging missions in the DCS: P-51D Debden Eagles Campaign by Reflected Simulations. It is meticulously crafted and allows you to relive the daring exploits during a pivotal moment in aerial combat history. Coming soon to DCS Open Beta!

"On the Spot News" is a beautifully narrated DCS and Community news channel presented by Andrei Celeste. They also do fun giveaways from time to time. Check it out and show them some love! HIP Games on YouTube.

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely,
Eagle Dynamics
Open Beta Progress | AH-64D Radar Report | P-51 Debdens New Campaign
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/e337d69a869e6645084620cecae7c1f3/

• Like 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Awwww, no update today

Updates are usually on wendsdays

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

We are close for the update, just needs a little more time, I will update the patch status post as soon as I have a date to share. 

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I‘m so hyped for the AH-64D FCR! We are now so close to it! 👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

2 hours ago, Bounti30 said:

No news on vulkan?

Nick Grey said Vulkan will arrive next year, and that we shouldn't expect huge performance gains from it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

2 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

And no new information on when the F-4 Phantom will be released.  We hoped that Santa had the F-4 in his sleigh.  Many want to fly the Phantom.

Mike Force Team

I think HB has made it quite clear the F4 won't come this year.

And since steam F4 still only has "soon". Nothing is gonna happen very soon.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I was hoping for a patch before Christmas with the FCR and was hoping it would drop Thursday or Friday just gone, I really don't like patches a few days out from the Christmas holidays though as if there are major problems (and we had that happen) its going to be a while until its gets patched again in January.

Anyway looking forward to the FCR

6 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Nick Grey said Vulkan will arrive next year, and that we shouldn't expect huge performance gains from it...

Well... I hope this will change the approach to setting certain priorities in terms of what to focus manpower towards upcoming patches.
I am 4k 2D on a 7900XTX and 5800x3D and I can still not manage to have 60fps all the time. Biggest Problems Mirrors and MFDs with TPOD or other Sensor Pictures.
Take your 4090 and a 15900k or 79000X3D go K50III Singe player mission Convoy hunt and  point the Sensor into the Forrest ahead of you...
Do a Low level pass in in the Caucasus Mountains in with Trees maxed... Turn the mirrors on and off to see the difference.
Take the Harrier use the Tpod bring the target 180 degrees behind you flat angle so your exhaust shows watch your fps drop more then 50%... 

This is priority in my eyes but maybe makes much more sense to hunt those bugs down once the new graphic engine is implemented if still necessary at that point... would be nice to see if the developers think the same way...

Ah only other priority that has nothing to do with Vulkan in my eye is the  Mig29 🤪

• Like 2

My System specs: Cpu 5800x3d liquid cooled GPU 7900XTX Ram 32GB 3600mhz cl16 Motherboard B550M MSI, Windows 10 PRO on NVMe Drive, DCS on its own SSD, Monitor Philips 32" 4k curved adaptive Sync framerate capped at 59fps, Trackir 5, VKB 

On 12/16/2023 at 12:31 AM, Avimimus said:

I'm hoping the IA-58, Iskra, or Su-22 will be in the module announcements this winter... 🙂 Out of all of the trainers, the Iskra is the one I want... angry little tadpole... and the team pitching it seem to be pretty competent.

RAZBAM has workign on the Mig-23 MLA and moving forward the A-29 Super Tucano, the IA-58 will coming on some years on the future. Octopus has actualy working on the La-7, no release module, and I dont not expected a Su-17/Su-22 "module" yet. Iskra module by?

On 12/15/2023 at 4:48 PM, Mike Force Team said:

And no new information on when the F-4 Phantom will be released.  We hoped that Santa had the F-4 in his sleigh.  Many want to fly the Phantom.

Mike Force Team

HB talk on Hoggit the F-4E moving to winter 2024.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

8 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Iskra module by?

Its a mod only, early W.I.P. Nothing official and rather a long way. The project took a long break, but came back to it some time ago. A rather distant prospect.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

47 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

RAZBAM has workign on the Mig-23 MLA and moving forward the A-29 Super Tucano, the IA-58 will coming on some years on the future. Octopus has actualy working on the La-7, no release module, and I dont not expected a Su-17/Su-22 "module" yet. Iskra module by?

38 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Its a mod only, early W.I.P. Nothing official and rather a long way. The project took a long break, but came back to it some time ago. A rather distant prospect.

I've wondered if the IA-58 will come ahead of the A-29? I recall one of the devs saying that the systems on the IA-58 are much simpler than on the A-29, and that the major effort would be modelling the dynamics of a turboprop. The IA-58 artwork is also further along. So I was wondering if the IA-58 might leapfrog the A-29 to completion?

There are at least two dev teams which have made considerable progress towards a Su-22, so it is just a matter of one of them getting a license.

As for the Iskra, it isn't being released as a mod but it is being developed without the full SDK by a team which intends to pitch it a full-fidelity module. The systems modelling seems relatively far along and the 3d model looks pretty good. So, I could see them also getting a license.

Of course full release for any of these would likely be a year or more away (the possible exception being the IA-58, given that Razbam has more resources). But I could see a couple of them having licenses announced in the new year.

P.S. If anyone hears rumour about the other angry tadpole - i.e. a PZL Mi-2URP... let me know 🙂 

30 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

I've wondered if the IA-58 will come ahead of the A-29? I recall one of the devs saying that the systems on the IA-58 are much simpler than on the A-29, and that the major effort would be modelling the dynamics of a turboprop. The IA-58 artwork is also further along. So I was wondering if the IA-58 might leapfrog the A-29 to completion?

The last pics about the A-29, show a very detail cockpit and external model, meanwhile the IA-58 has only stubs. The problem about a TurboProp, ED dont make yet a turboprop engine system into DCS core, and the A-29 with the F-15E work, will move more fast to make them, and some previous work about a "profesional module". More feasible a turboprop coming the the A-29.

There are at least two dev teams which have made considerable progress towards a Su-22, so it is just a matter of one of them getting a license.

Officialy has none confirmed yet, and I dont expected a suprise by Octopus about the Su-17. I think they has working on other Soviet WW2 piston aircraft actualy after La-7. The other 3rd Party, AviaStorm, has none confirmed about a Su-22 module, on fact, SVKSniper continue work on your Mod meanwhile work on AS projects. Will coming on a future two modules? surely has factible, but I continue waiting for a official ED stament.

As for the Iskra, it isn't being released as a mod but it is being developed without the full SDK by a team which intends to pitch it a full-fidelity module. The systems modelling seems relatively far along and the 3d model looks pretty good. So, I could see them also getting a license.

Of course full release for any of these would likely be a year or more away (the possible exception being the IA-58, given that Razbam has more resources). But I could see a couple of them having licenses announced in the new year.

P.S. If anyone hears rumour about the other angry tadpole - i.e. a PZL Mi-2URP... let me know 🙂 

The problem of a mod team with get a 3rd Party licence, has need start from scratch all your work and the paperwork problems.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

15 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The problem of a mod team with get a 3rd Party licence, has need start from scratch all your work and the paperwork problems.

Yes, definitely. I'm just hoping that one of the modules announced will be a license for one of these teams 🙂

Also, are you sure the IA-58 isn't further along? I was under the impression that the external model and the cockpit were nearing completion.

40 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Yes, definitely. I'm just hoping that one of the modules announced will be a license for one of these teams 🙂

Also, are you sure the IA-58 isn't further along? I was under the impression that the external model and the cockpit were nearing completion.

On DCS, has none completion before a release... It is not the first time that an external model or a cabin has to be made from scratch, just because the metrics fail or new information appears. Additionally, both on Discord and Ron Twitter, they are putting more emphasis on posting images of the development of the A-29, rather than the IA-58. Furthermore, I think there was already a statement that said that after the release of the F-15E, they were moving with the A-29 (and the Mig-23MLA).

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Thanks 1

So many modules on the burner and no releases in the last six-months. Bought the F-15E June 22, that was the last one. 

I hope it doesn't stay like this. Some of us are getting on in years and we're measuring release schedules versus life expectancy. 😉

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, Beirut said:

So many modules on the burner and no releases in the last six-months. Bought the F-15E June 22, that was the last one. 

I hope it doesn't stay like this. Some of us are getting on in years and we're measuring release schedules versus life expectancy. 😉

No matter how old we get, myself included, development can not be speeded up for us. 

I suggest we enjoy what we have already 🙂

• Like 5

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

No matter how old we get, myself included, development can not be speeded up for us. 

I suggest we enjoy what we have already 🙂

Absolutely. I am having a great time with the F-15E. And my Ka-50. And my Hornet. And my...

But you can't go waiving a C-130 in front of me, in an RCAF skin no less, and not expect me to jones out a bit. :smoke:

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2 hours ago, Avimimus said:

There was that video from Octopus-G for Su-17M4, it very much seemed like Magnitude-3 teased a Su-17 or Su-22M4 too, and there is the mod from SVKSniper. Actually, back then some years ago there was even another mod project for it here on forums somewhere.

Sadly, so far none seem to have it contacted with ED, thus nothing is confirmed. I very strongly hope it will be Octopus-G's next module, out of the possibilities, they are the dev I want to see doing this bird. Su-17M4 is the only thing I want quite as much as the F-4E. But it looks murky whether it will happen or not, and seem like even if it will, it is many years ahead.

I like the Iskra dev's attitude and hope he will get a license, the more devs, the better. But the bird itself isn't one that excites me too much. I'd like a Gnat, Magister, or even a Hawk T1A again, or, obviously, a Su-17 😛

Anyway, the topic is for newsletter discussion, and I think we're way off that mark 😄

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script