05.01.2024 - 2024 & Beyond | Winter Sale Last Chances

Thanks for yet another great beyond video, and the news letter. Excited about the MiG announcement, and hope y'all enjoyed the time you had to put in!
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Thanks @ED for the video  Is that the Kola map at 1:04 in the video?
Yup, Norwegian fiords for sure!

Has some "suspicious" Norway F-16 and Finland F/A-18C here....

What's "suspicious" about them?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

followed by the "coming in 2024" with the clips of Iraq and the Mig29a.  That seems fairly explicit to me.

Well, it depends on how you read it. To me, it said "coming in 2024: Iraq" and "and joining redfor in full-fidelity: MiG-29"... 
It didn't explicitly state the MiG-29 is coming this year. Of course I hope it does, but ED and 'committing to dates' doesn't really work that well 😜 

• Like 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I was indeed expecting a "this video was created in a build running on Vulkan" message. Ah well, there were plenty of goodies to get excited about 😉 

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

All the voiceover was missing is Wags saying "Hey what's that SA-6 doing there"

I can dream..

• Like 2

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Anduriel said:

@BIGNEWY

When talking about future MiG-29A, which one is planned: 9.12 (OG Soviet MiG-29), 9.12A (WARPAC sligtly downgraded MiG-29) or 9.12B (downgraded MiG-29 for other countries).

Or did we got luck and will get 9.13?

We will share more detail in a future newsletter reveal. 

1 hour ago, linside said:

I think 2024 is not the year of Dynamic campaign 😞

But awesome video and other news... 

Showing the Dynamic Campaign in a video isnt great, its mostly behind the scenes code stuff, we will share more news in the future however, work continues.

36 minutes ago, DigitalEngine said:

Was there any hints of the Vulkan api implementation in the 2024 & Beyond video? Nothing was mentioned in the newsletter.
Great video, pleased to see a full fidelity Mig-29 is in the works!

Again it is difficult to show vulkan in a video, its a graphics API, we will share news in a future newsletter. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

Not really my bag but it’s great for the sim to see the Mig-29A announced. REDFOR fans have been starved of a more modern full fidelity fixed wing airframe for too long. 

Not my bag either since it's mostly A2A, but it's likely to be a really good module, and different, so I'm sure I'll grab it.

Edited by Beirut
  • Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

Not a downgrade. The model was corrected to match a US CH-47F. Thanks. 

Ah ok, so it's a downgrade, but we can't say this because in 2023 video you don't say that "it's the US version" ok now it's clear! So every 3D models and textures and details of the one in 2023 video version is now "updated" ok ok if you say so it's ok... Why not?

4 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The 2023 has only a "placebo", ground object of incorrect version.... the 2024 has more details.
image.png

image.png

For me is the opposite: in 2024 there is no details for cockpit or 3D modeling, only cinematic... but as I say, if you want to justify the DOWNGRADE with this, It's ok, why not...

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Ipergallo said:

Ah ok, so it's a downgrade, but we can't say this because in 2023 video you don't say that "it's the US version" ok now it's clear! So every 3D models and textures and details of the one in 2023 video version is now "updated" ok ok if you say so it's ok... Why not?

No, I answered this correctly. The model was not correct for the version we determined we could do. At the time of the first reveal we really only had a model and the model was required to be adjusted. 

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Has some "suspicious" Norway F-16 and Finland F/A-18C here....

Checkout Reflected's 2024 plan. He's been working on a campaign for the Kola map.

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

3 minutes ago, NineLine said:

No, I answered this correctly. The model was not correct for the version we determined we could do. At the time of the first reveal we really only had a model and the model was required to be adjusted. 

Thank you for the answer; I'm not really convinced but it's my problem, have a great new year!

9 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Not my bag either since it's mostly A2A, but it's likely to be a really good module, and different, so I'm sure I'll grab it.

Watched one fly at the airshow in Rockford, IL in 1986.  Not going to say no to that.  Drove out there just to see an actual MiG up close.  Ish.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ipergallo said:

For me is the opposite: in 2024 there is no details for cockpit or 3D modeling, only cinematic... but as I say, if you want to justify the DOWNGRADE with this, It's ok, why not...

Sure? 2023 only show a rendered cockpit without any funtionality and any funtion, and some "interior" shots, surely from a AI model. On 2024 you can see the detail interior and some maneuvers, no makes by a AI.

image.png

• Like 3

What an exciting year ahead! My favourite: The Kola map - after all those years, my AJS-37 Viggen wants to return home and defend its own neck of the woods. Can't wait - hurry up ORBX! Thank you DCS!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Sure? 2023 only show a rendered cockpit without any funtionality and any funtion, and some "interior" shots, surely from a AI model. On 2024 you can see the detail interior and some maneuvers, no makes by a AI.

image.png

Edit: Yes I'm sure.

Please, this frame that you have posted is the only visible in the whole video and this frame is very low detailed than about 30 seconds of the very close detailed video of 2023...by the way, in the frame that you posted some central panels of the cockpit are missing. So please, stop with this, It's your opinion, I have my opinion and is different than yours, have a great new year.

Edited by Ipergallo
  • Like 1

That still doesn't make your opinion relevant. If throughout 2023 they figured that standard US config was the only one they could and were legally allowed to eventually create with acceptable systems fidelity, then that's the only config we can get, at least for now. 3D models change and planned features change during development. Sometimes things are added, sometimes removed. "Everything is subject to change". I've seen it in warbird modules, so it's nothing unusual in DCS.

• Like 6

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Probably the best DCS newsletter I’ve ever seen. 
A full Mig-29 module, an F6F Hellcat, pacific ww2 operations, recreating operation Desert Storm. It’s like a dream come true all I’ve wanted since flight simming. 
I really hope we get a decent Tornado and it doesn’t get cancelled and for me then it's going to be perfect. 

• Like 3

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have passed on your comment to the team, thanks

Just so you're aware, the guns being elevated on the #2 turret to clear the #1 turret isn't necessarily an error, I've provided some references, which can be found in this post, which suggest this particular issue might be correct as-is.

There shouldn't however be the large extensions for the rangefinder at the rear and on-top of the #1 and #2 turrets, though they should be present on the #3 and #4 turrets.

Edited by Northstar98
grammar
  • Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Great Video, Thank you ED! 

I would like to know more about Iraq map - I know it's been said it will initially centre on Baghdad and then extended further south. How far North and East it will cover? Will there be Mosul? I would love to see screenshot of the coverage - current and planned... 

• Like 2

Thanks to ED and all creators involved and b making this beautiful 2024 and beyond video!!!

2024 will be be beautiful in DCS…

Chinook footage was great also looking forward to KW. DCS helicopter fleet will grow…..

With Afghanistan and Iraq now officially announced I now added to new maps to my waiting for wishlist. And some teasing of Kola map seen!!! 

The new ground vehicles look so nice as well!!

Thanks ED!!!

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Probably the best DCS newsletter I’ve ever seen. 
A full Mig-29 module, an F6F Hellcat, pacific ww2 operations, recreating operation Desert Storm. It’s like a dream come true all I’ve wanted since flight simming. 
I really hope we get a decent Tornado and it doesn’t get cancelled and for me then it's going to be perfect. 
Well, we'll need Kuwait too then I guess.

• Like 1

bilde.png

The image at the 30 second mark is looking south toward Narvik in Norway, I believe. I've been hoping for updates on the progress on the Kola map after 18 months of development. It looks stunning!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sea2sky said:

I can't believe there is not a single word about a progress on Dynamic Campaign.

They did a major newsletter about it like two weeks ago.

• Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.