Pounds instead of % for the fuel load

afnav130

8 minutes ago, razo+r said:

What do you have in mind when you say "easier way to load the fuel on the jet"?

stationary drogue connector on the ramp, of course.  Just extend the probe, taxi up into it, and start filling!

• Like 1

+1, would love the ability to input fuel by weight instead of a percentage on the rearming and refueling window

• Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/27/2024 at 8:23 PM, razo+r said:

That's not what I was asking

Flight planning done by weight, therefore eliminating the need to mess with percentages, therefore easier to load fuel in the jet. 

Ergo, it is what you were asking.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nealius said:

Flight planning done by weight, therefore eliminating the need to mess with percentages, therefore easier to load fuel in the jet. 

Ergo, it is what you were asking.

Not really. I read it the same way razo+r did. The AND MAYBE in the OP’s sentence makes what follows sound like a separate request. I was wondering what else he thought would make loading fuel easier in his mind, too.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

3 hours ago, Nealius said:

We have multiple ways to load fuel:

ME - there's both % and fuel weight

Ground Crew > Refuel & Rearm in the mission - there's % and total weight (still easy to count)

AAR - no %, just fuel weight indicator in the aircraft; not all jets have this capability

So % or weight - it's still the same difficulty to load fuel in the jet in DCS with the exception of AAR that needs a bit of an effort.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I think the standard should be both,

So let's say a plane holds 16,000 pounds of fuel and you're filling the tanks half way you'll get some thing like

8000LBs (50%) or 50% 8000, this way we can see both

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

I think the standard should be both,

So let's say a plane holds 16,000 pounds of fuel and you're filling the tanks half way you'll get some thing like

8000LBs (50%) or 50% 8000, this way we can see both

But if you know your aircrafts fuel capacity then the math's is simple yeah or did too many people miss that class lol?

How do guys get on when you have to do the math's with fuel flow and range to tanker or home base in pitch black, tired and instruments glowing at you with no friendly airbase to drop into

• Like 1

74_Fox

2 hours ago, IanC58 said:

But if you know your aircrafts fuel capacity then the math's is simple yeah or did too many people miss that class lol?

How do guys get on when you have to do the math's with fuel flow and range to tanker or home base in pitch black, tired and instruments glowing at you with no friendly airbase to drop into

:doh:

It's got nothing to do with maths ability...

We can input fuel as a weight in the mission editor, there is absolutely 0 reason why we shouldn't be able to in the rearming and refuelling window.

It's not only a more realistic way of going about things, it's also more consistent.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 8

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

:doh:

It's got nothing to do with maths ability...

We can input fuel as a weight in the mission editor, there is absolutely 0 reason why we shouldn't be able to in the rearming and refuelling window.

It's not only a more realistic way of going about things, it's also more consistent.

Realism and fuel has everything to do with maths ability lol

74_Fox

5 hours ago, IanC58 said:

Realism and fuel has everything to do with maths ability lol

Again, since you apparently didn’t read it the first time, we have both options in the mission editor and it doesn’t seem to be a problem for you there, so why is it a problem here?

• Like 2

System:

The request is an MP one isn’t it? In the ME you have either option with (Edit: typo. Should read “without”) the need to add or subtract. In MP refueling you only have %IIRC. I only take 60% fuel in the Flanker so I don’t pay attention.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

2 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

The request is an MP one isn’t it? In the ME you have either option with the need to add or subtract. In MP refueling you only have %IIRC. I only take 60% fuel in the Flanker so I don’t pay attention.

SP has the same rearm and refuel menu and there's fuel % and total aircraft weight.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

8 minutes ago, draconus said:

SP has the same rearm and refuel menu and there's fuel % and total aircraft weight.

It's not the same, there are quite a few differences.

It's missing a way of inputting fuel by weight.

Yes, it's trivial to work out, but the mission editor has both, most aircraft work in weights, not percentages, the warehouse works in weights, so why should the rearming and refuelling menu not use them too? Surely weights is the one that makes the most sense to use?

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 4

System:

I'd like for the fuel's specific weight to change with temperature, too. That would make fuel calculations even more realistic. 🙂

• Like 2

_____

2 hours ago, Ironhand said:

I'd like for the fuel's specific weight to change with temperature, too. That would make fuel calculations even more realistic. 🙂

Bit off topic here, but sure, why not.

System:

Am 26.1.2024 um 18:20 schrieb razo+r:

What do you have in mind when you say "easier way to load the fuel on the jet"?

Calculating fuel needed for a mission with pen, paper and a CR-3 in lbs and pulling the slider in the rearm/refuel menu to the amount of lbs jetfuel required instead of fiddling around with the slider guessing what xx% in the fuel tanks will show on the fuel gauge. 😎

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Ironhand:

I only take 60% fuel in the Flanker so I don’t pay attention.

Valid approach to a computer game and a round of air quake, but there is a considerable part of the community that does mission planning and really consider things like playtime versus weight and maneuverability or maximum weapons load at temperature/altitude.

Especially if you fly the Harrier or helicopters... 😇

• Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)